Finding it hard to cope...update!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello :)

Not sure if any of you remember my thread about finding it hard to cope as a single mother with no support a little while ago,

I just wanted to give an update on things.

They are a lot better, I still don't have much support but I'm coping so much better now, I made up with a very good friend of mine and things are far more civil with my daughters father, we almost had lunch and coffee the other day, all arranged but had to cancel after hurting my hand.

We start baby massage next Thursday :) I try to take her out everyday (when it's not raining) take some juice and biscuits and go window shopping. Just stuff to get out and about.

Now she can fully sit up she has a high chair, so when I'm making dinner I put her in the kitchen with me and include her in the process, I got her a bath seat so bath time is much easier taking one together and when she goes to sleep I do something simple for myself, like paint my nails, have a face mask or watch a DVD.

I just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to talk to me and offer me advice when I was having a really tough time. I appreciate it so much!! xx

Comments

• RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,071
    Forum Member
    That's good to hear. Long may it continue :)
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i`m glad you`re feeling better :)
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the up-date. Glad things are looking up. Keep smiling! :):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you :)

My dad invited us to go on a little break to the Isle Of Wight with him and his girlfriend, we get our own static caravan so that will be nice :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Oh sweetheart it is so nice to see you more upbeat and happy. So glad things are better for you and enjoy your holiday. xx
  • RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww what lovely news! :) Thank you so much for the update, and I'm really pleased for you. Enjoy your holiday. x
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    😘 fab news. Hope you continue to feel better. X
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is good to see when people turn things around. It gives hope to others. Enjoy your holiday!
  • duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to hear , glad you feel better
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update and I am glad to hear all is a lot more positive.

No-one tells you how hard it is to look after a child - even when you do have support - and how much it can fluctuate. Some days your child will be the most wonderful creature and the next day the devil.

BUT the rewards are so vast and they make the crappy days worthwhile.
  • GillfawleyGillfawley Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Aw bless you, so nice to hear things are looking up. I rarely post on here but thought you would like to know you are NOT alone, it IS difficult, and you WILL cope. My girls are now 13 & 16 and I go looking for them to keep me company now lol. Honestly, you won't believe how quick time flies and you will do her proud. All the very best for you both 😃💕👍