Jack Walton - What a voice

Liam_WestfieldLiam_Westfield Posts: 343
Forum Member
It's breathtaking, got a gentle unique sounding touch to him. He was screwed over by the producers and Mel but before that was looking solid & really given the right song would have rocked out.

Girls would love him he's the guy you want your daughter to bring home. I can see him having a strong career and having his own set at Glastonbury in the near future.

Comments

• zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will we get the same sort of thread for all the acts from you today? :D

But i agree he was another shoved under the bus
  • HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same story as James Michael. Great, sultry voices that got ruined by awful choices.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's breathtaking, got a gentle unique sounding touch to him. He was screwed over by the producers and Mel but before that was looking solid & really given the right song would have rocked out.

Girls would love him he's the guy you want your daughter to bring home. I can see him having a strong career and having his own set at Glastonbury in the near future.

Are any of your posts serious? :D
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    He has a voice as well? I wasn't looking at his voice.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has a voice as well? I wasn't looking at his voice.

Most of us wasnt ;)
  • Eva_Coco_MayEva_Coco_May Posts: 3,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked him in his audition then he just fell flat on his arse unfortunately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked Jack.

What wound me up is that he really was an Ed Sheeran "man with a guitar" type of singer - but then they dressed him up as flaming Adam Ant and got him to sing some god awful song that didn't suit, while having a vampire lay into his neck! :o

He was so far out of his comfort zone it was untrue (and you could see it in his face when he was voted off) - but the poor sod had to just turn up and do as he was told. :(
  • TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he was the forgotton artist who was seriously mugged off. It was as if the powers that be thought of the most humiliating ways to get contestants off the show. The description above regarding Adam Ant and vampires is spot on, and don't forget the high heeled boots.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he was the forgotton artist who was seriously mugged off. It was as if the powers that be thought of the most humiliating ways to get contestants off the show. The description above regarding Adam Ant and vampires is spot on, and don't forget the high heeled boots.

Shame he couldn't have gone into the jungle with Jungle Jake - and taken his guitar as his luxury item and done some songs around the campfire.

Maybe next year - stranger things have happened, remember INSANIA? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh yes, I forgot the boots. :o The poor lad.

I think they had a very marketable commodity in Jack - and all they had to do was find him songs that even remotely suited his voice and style.

Shame on you MEL BE!

A missed opportunity.
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack was my favourite, I stopped watching after he left.

He has some really good songs on youtube
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samcains90 wrote: »
    Jack was my favourite, I stopped watching after he left.

He has some really good songs on youtube

Personally I didn't go that far - but I was very gutted the night he went out - and how gutted he looked himself after the whole sorry debacle that week. :(
  • PhoebicaPhoebica Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To see how good an act is you should always check out Youtube. The X Factor staging and song choices (particularly during restricted theme weeks) do nothing for some of the singers. Jack was one of them, he already had his own style which he didn't really get to show much on the live shows.
  • Kenneth_ChowKenneth_Chow Posts: 3,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He had a voice???...I barely noticed... I'm still at his Attitude photos though:p
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HALibutt wrote: »
    Personally I didn't go that far - but I was very gutted the night he went out - and how gutted he looked himself after the whole sorry debacle that week. :(

I wasn't really a fan of anyone else so I didn't have a reason to carry on watching though. It wasn't out of annoyance that he had left, I just didn't have a reason to watch anyone else.

He just didn't look happy at all the week he left, not with his song choice or his styling. Punishment for not ripping his shirt open the week before. All of his song choices were a bit out there and definitely not something he would choose to perform.

It was a bit sad that he didn't even get a bottom 2 performance to show what he would really sing.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely disagree. I thought he was vocally weak and very poor. I was surprised that Mel picked him to advance to the live shows.

He was never going to last that long. He just didn't have enough range or strength to go further and really showed in past performances how weak his vocal range was. Nice guy but definitely not a loss at all.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed so much with this entire post. <3

He got completely bussed unfortunately but you could tell how popular he was from all the cheers the moment he sang in that group performance last night.
  • PhoebicaPhoebica Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    I completely disagree. I thought he was vocally weak and very poor. I was surprised that Mel picked him to advance to the live shows.

He was never going to last that long. He just didn't have enough range or strength to go further and really showed in past performances how weak his vocal range was. Nice guy but definitely not a loss at all.

She didn't pick him though?
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phoebica wrote: »
    The producers didn't. I recall her saying/hinting that Jack was actually her favourite boy.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phoebica wrote: »

She didn't? My bad then.

Whoever picked him as a wildcard.
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was a better singer than both Luke Friend and Nicholas McDonald who reached last year's final.

All depends on what type of artist the producers want to pimp out each year
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite from this year, I believe he can make it in the music industry though!!
  • gavin shipmangavin shipman Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    I would buy his album tomorrow. His cover of Waves is amazing.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    What a man! <3 Tbh Jack's a sexual deity and he deserved to get so much further!

I swear TPTB got it really wrong this year and picked the wrong Cardle. Should've been Jack instead of Ben.