Comments

• StubeStube Posts: 16,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guy who played Danny Moon is gay.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,826
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    That's fair enough and I completely understand and agree for those actors that have declared their sexuality and are either quite prominent in promoting gay rights or manage their career in sich a way that their sexuality is acknowledged but doesn't define or typecast the type of roles they get - Jeremy SheFfield as one example.

It is a murkier issue for those actors that have never said one way or the other (like French or Woodborne) as basically it is just carrying on rumours and speculation when for whatever reason they clearly want the private lives kept private.

Great post. :)
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elliecat wrote: »
    I don't think Jackie Woodburne is a lesbian I think that has been an internet rumour for years(I have never seen anything to confirm it) along with her having tattoo's all over her arms (which she has denied), there have been several articles about her not finding Mr Right over the years (she thought she had three times apparently).

She was in the Wright Stuff recently and I'm pretty sure she debunked the claims.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 68,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Great post. :)

Scrabbler, I always love your posts.

This thread was never meant to offend.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    But the only way of knowing the people listed are gay is by them already being out.

I'm assuming everyone listed in the OP has made no secret of their sexuality which is how they know about it?

...but at least one person on the list is not confirmed, as my second post in this thread pointed out.
  • TesphenTesphen Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This kind've thing makes me very uncomfortable. Is it really our business to go listing up all the gay people? Is that even necessary? There are obviously no barriers between identifying as LGBT and being an actor, so why does anyone even need a gay actor as a role model?
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 68,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tesphen wrote: »
    This kind've thing makes me very uncomfortable. Is it really our business to go listing up all the gay people? Is that even necessary? There are obviously no barriers between identifying as LGBT and being an actor, so why does anyone even need a gay actor as a role model?

My apologises Tesphen.
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    As a gay guy - I must admit I like to see who is who (if you know what I mean!!). But it's purely through interest (!).
    Come on -face it....everyone is curious about ANYONE these days!! ADMIT IT !!

What's Brad Pitt doing now - have you checked? Or Orlando?? :D
  • eejmeejm Posts: 1,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tesphen wrote: »

I wouldn't mind reading an interview with gay/lesbian actor on playing a straight character. While I think playing someone of a different sexual orientation is kind of par for the course for most actors, we hear most often from straight actors and the challenges of playing gay/lesbian roles. I'd like to hear more about the opposite.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,826
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Scrabbler, I always love your posts.

This thread was never meant to offend.

I just don't understand your motivation for the topic. :)
    Forum Member
    Such actors as Rupert Everett and Russell Tovey have played 'straight' parts in many films/dramas ! Jeremy Sheffield and Ben Whishaw are also out! All are GREAT actors!
    What's the problem??
    I fancy Eric McCormack from Will & Grace by the way!!!:p
  • TTTVTTTV Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jay_1983 wrote: »
    A few more soap openly LGBT actors/actresses from the past and present...

EastEnders:
    Michael Cashman
    Polly Perkins
    Ricky Grover

Coronation Street:
    Charlie Condou

Emmerdale:
    Alicya Eyo

Hollyoaks:
    Garnon Davies
    Toby Sawyer

Where have these two said they are gay? Unless I've read your post wrong... :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such actors as Rupert Everett and Russell Tovey have played 'straight' parts in many films/dramas ! Jeremy Sheffield and Ben Whishaw are also out! All are GREAT actors!
    What's the problem??
    I fancy Eric McCormack from Will & Grace by the way!!!:p

It isn't a problem. I just seem to come across more interviews with straight actors and the challenges of playing gay characters rather than the opposite. I'd like to hear more thoughts from gay actors on playing straight roles.
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ricky Grover is married to a woman
    Forum Member
    eejm wrote: »
    It isn't a problem. I just seem to come across more interviews with straight actors and the challenges of playing gay characters rather than the opposite. I'd like to hear more thoughts from gay actors on playing straight roles.

The above people I mentioned : Ben Whishaw, Jeremy Sheffield, Rupert Everett and Russell Tovey are ALL gay! And have played straight parts.

My hero (Eric McCormack) was straight playing a gay person!

Answer that logically ;-)
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    elliecat wrote: »
    I don't think Jackie Woodburne is a lesbian I think that has been an internet rumour for years

I remember a group of Neighbours devotees in my class screeching over rumours they'd read of Jackie being in a relationship with Kym Valentine! Clearly BS but their hysteria amused me!
    Forum Member
    All these women in Neighbors, Emmerdale or EastEnders - no-one cares!!
    They are more interested in the MEN!!
    Who gives a toss about Sophie & Wotsername in Corrie? Let's get it on with Robert and Aaron!! :o:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The above people I mentioned : Ben Whishaw, Jeremy Sheffield, Rupert Everett and Russell Tovey are ALL gay! And have played straight parts.

My hero (Eric McCormack) was straight playing a gay person!

Answer that logically ;-)

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. Gay actors play straight roles and straight actors play gay roles all the time, I realize this. However, I've read interviews of the challenges straight actors face in playing gay roles, but I rarely see interviews with gay actors playing straight characters and the challenges they face. The latter is the perspective I'd like to hear.
  • eastboy1980eastboy1980 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who are the LGBT Actiors in Soapland?

This is what I know-

Coronation Street-

Anthony Cotton
    Daniel Brocklebank
    Shelley King

EastEnders-

Luisa Bradshaw-White
    Declan Bennett

Neighbours-

Jackie Woodborne

Hollyoaks-

Kieron Richardson

Pathetic annoying thread, why bother talking about a an actors abilty to make us laugh, cry or empathise etc when we can just define them by who they sleep with. Thats so much more productive and meaningful.... Not
  • sexy_princesssexy_princess Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've long suspected that Aaron from Emmerdale is gay in real life. He always gets so defensive and aggressive about his sexuality. A classic closet case.
  • TesphenTesphen Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My apologises Tesphen.

That's cool. I recognise that you didn't have bad intentions.
    I've long suspected that Aaron from Emmerdale is gay in real life. He always gets so defensive and aggressive about his sexuality. A classic closet case.

^
    This is the reason threads like this are a bad idea.
    Forum Member
    Let's face it, Us gay boys would LOVE for an actor like Ryan Hawley ( Rob Sugden) or Danny Miller (Aaron) to be gay in real-lfe just to give us kicks as to someone to relate to!
    I adore Ben Whishaw and Russell Tovey for that reason!
    I'm sure many straight men worship the likes of Tom Cruise or George Clooney for similar reasons! :D
    I love Lyndsay Wagner and Paloma Faith too by the way!!!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I can't imagine why I need to know who ends up in their bed
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not interested in anyones sexuality
    Forum Member
    I can't imagine why I need to know who ends up in their bed

:o That's another story!! :)