Forum Member
✭✭✭
New single is only #59 on iTunes..

Comments

• Options
    Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was only released today so it's a little premature to be making that call.
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't even know she had a new single out...
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    The single now at #60 on iTunes and the EP is at #73. It's doing terrible, but what can you expect with hardly any radio airplay. Ironic really that 3 years ago her single All About Tonight was absolutely HAMMERED by radio (especially Capital).
  • Options
    AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully not. Other pop stars do generally worse chart wise than Pixie (Paloma Faith's singles being an example) so hopefully Pixie will come back.

The problem is there's hardly been any promotion for the single or the album (which is out a week tomorrow) her last album peaked at number 18, so I'm pretty worried for this coming one.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was a disposable pop star who had a couple of successful years before people stopped caring. She's had a pretty typical shelf life.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why this song (Lay Me Down) isn't dong well. It is really catchy and has a good beat to it.

The video is very good and fits the song well.

I blame the promotion or lack of for it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't even know Pixie had new material out :o
  • Options
    hadjilouca05hadjilouca05 Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Her song would be doing well if it wasn't being snubbed by radios. How about every UK radio station focuses on this song instead of playing the same songs every hour of every day?
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to the Motown album she was meant to do?
  • Options
    Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why this song (Lay Me Down) isn't dong well. It is really catchy and has a good beat to it.

The video is very good and fits the song well.

I blame the promotion or lack of for it.
    Because she spent too much time not working and faffing around with her homo mannequin boyfriend rather than releasing songs people lost interest...
  • Options
    DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,251
    Forum Member
    Let's be honest, she was only popular because of her good looks. It certainly wasn't because her talent or singing voice!
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDRickyDD wrote: »
    Let's be honest, she was only popular because of her good looks. It certainly wasn't because her talent or singing voice!

I don't agree. I didn't like her song style for the first 2 albums but she was a good singer.

And this new song is very good and there is nothing wrong with her voice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she spent too much time not working and faffing around with her homo mannequin boyfriend rather than releasing songs people lost interest...

Pretty much. It's a common trend these days, pop stars get hyped on their own success, start spending more time at parties than in the studio. Alexandra Burke, Pixie Lott, Diana Vickers, Leona Lewis... unless you're willing to show out and grind your ass off while being humble, the business has no time for that kind of crap anymore.
  • Options
    Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dennisboy wrote: »
    Hopefully not. Other pop stars do generally worse chart wise than Pixie (Paloma Faith's singles being an example) so hopefully Pixie will come back.

The problem is there's hardly been any promotion for the single or the album (which is out a week tomorrow) her last album peaked at number 18, so I'm pretty worried for this coming one.

Both Paloma's singles Can't Rely On You and Only Love Can Hurt Like This have outsold Pixie Lott's Nasty, and will definitely outsell Lay Me Down, so I don't know where you're getting this from. Plus Paloma's album will probably sell ten times the number of copies that Pixie's will!
  • Options
    AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At #70 at the moment. Pretty worried for the album out in one week.
  • Options
    qwerty_1234qwerty_1234 Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What new single?!
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'm a Pixie fan but I think she peaked with her debut album (and the re-release). Her last album didn't do well so I don't have a lot of hope for the new one :(
  • Options
    Neil_NNeil_N Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    Sadly, I think she is done.

Going down the promiscious route of getting her fanny and tits out, is just sheer desperation. Adding to that, the material is very weak.

Her first album (original and second versions) is brilliant - catchy pop and very decent ballads like "Cry Me Out", "Can't Make This Over", "Broken Arrow" and "Gravity". Second album, bar "All About Tonight", it's atricious. "Kiss The Stars" has to be the worst single ever released - sounds like a Playstation dance game!

Time for her to fade away....
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I'm a Pixie fan but I think she peaked with her debut album (and the re-release). Her last album didn't do well so I don't have a lot of hope for the new one :(

I do agree. I really liked her first album (I traded my copy in for the re-release). I tried to listen to the follow up and couldn't get through it. I was bored, sadly.
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Pixie needs to go for a completely different musical direction.

Her next album should be full of Test Dept. and Slint covers. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    New song is now #75 in the iTunes charts. It's quite a feat when you consider that she's been promoting anything that moves (ice cream and dry shampoo anyone?!) to stay in the public eye.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Finn15 wrote: »
    New song is now #75 in the iTunes charts. It's quite a feat when you consider that she's been promoting anything that moves (ice cream and dry shampoo anyone?!) to stay in the public eye.

I genuinely think people who see her in those adverts will just think she is some actress in the advert and not actually a celeb, Took me a few times seeing it to notice her name on the screen
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I feel really bad for her :(

I really thought her label had learnt from the mistakes of her last album and she was going to get this huge new relaunch with a real quality sound. It's really not working out well :(
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a one album wonder. And she cant sing. And is annoying.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She appeared on Question of Sport Super Saturday. That smacks of desperation ?