Options

Anyone else going off corrie?

woofwoof77woofwoof77 Posts: 2,166
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It just seems to be getting worse.
I don't find the storylines or acting very good now. Esp as Ken Barlow has come back,he just seems a very dull actor. And the whole camping with Deirdre thing, what the hell was that all about, it wasn't even funny.

Not just having a go at Barlow, but other storylines too, Kirk proposing to Beth, Gail and her new love. I'm just finding it dull.

I'm actually finding Eastenders a bit more interesting , dare I say that, even though Ian beale makes me skin crawl .

Comments

• Options
    Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie is crap right now. I record it and skip through scenes with characters I don't like.

Look at the stories:

Ken/Deirdre: What was that camping trip all about? A cringey attempt at comedy

Peter/Jim: Surely the prison guards would notice how Peter is behaving by now.

Leanne/Nick: How can Leanne try to get maintenance from Nick for SImon, when he isn't his? Plus, that was bad acting from Ben Price, as I could tell he was faking even though I knew he was faking - if that makes sense.

Gail/Micheal: A couple with no chemistry. A story that is making a mockery of the restorative justice system

Kylie/Max: More research into Max's ADHD is needed. The doctor seemed to diagnose, (although not officially), but is should take weeks/months to diagnose and not one quick assessment.

Beth/Kirk: A really bad romantic proposal.

Andrea/Neil/Steve/Lloyd: Why is Lloyd so desparate for someone he picks up the first woman he sees all of the time? As an actress, Hayley Tamaddon wasn't this bad on Emmerdale. The Neil actor (don't know his name) needs acting lessons ASAP.

I don't watch EE, but from reading posts on DS, their problems last year was down to focusing on the younger characters too much. My nan and mum stopped watching for a while but now they love it again. In Corrie now, they focus on young and unpopuar characters i.e. Maddie, Sophie, Alya, Katy, Steph, Luke, Chesney, Faye. Out of them, I don't like Maddie and Alya.

What is to come on Corrie?

Cilla's return, Peter, Rob, Jim and Katy leaving, Eva, Kylie and Fiz taking maternity leave.
  • Options
    Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peaks and troughs for me but i still seem to watch
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't enjoyed Corrie since Hayley died. The Tina storyline is a bore.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    The library storyline is what ended it for me. I enjoyed Tina's murder storyline (even though I disagreed with it) in the first week but after her actual death it just went downhill and dragged out.
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing keeping me watching Corrie is Deirdre. I think she's hilarious and her comic timing is similar to that of Blanche. I'm glad they are turning Deirdre into Blanche. Good move bosses. Apart from that I think its the most dire soap at the moment.
  • Options
    sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gail and Michael drag the show down.
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    Sophie and Maddie and Gail and Michael are two of Corries worst pairings in recent history. I cannot stand the way that Gail simpers every time she's with Michael.

The comedy of Corrie is dire. The only worthy comical scenes are with Mary and Norris.

The Deirdre scenes with her dog were truly cringemaking.

I now have to watch it on YouTube just to fastforward 3/4 of it.

The new muslim family are a joke. What is the point of having a muslim family in it, if the writers are just going to write them as white characters? The only distinction there is between them and the other cast is that they mentioned ramadam etc a thousand times, and that was shoved down everyones throats as well....

The only people worth watching in my opinión is Carla, Rob and Tracey.

Steve is acting like a baffoon with each passing episode. He's meant to be a pub landlord, yet he acts more and more like a naughty schoolboy.

Lloyd and Andrea and his daughter are just too boring.

And Maddie needs to leave quickly.
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    It honestly has not been interesting since Tina was murdered. It has not held my attention properly since the end of the Roy and Hayley storyline, which although dragged out somewhat, was at least touching and well-written with fine acting.
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't enjoyed Corrie since Hayley died. The Tina storyline is a bore.

Tina storyline is really bad! No doubt it will win best storyline at next years BSA though considering corrie is their fav:D
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch in hope of prison scenes with Jim and Peter, it's crap.
  • Options
    woofwoof77woofwoof77 Posts: 2,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »
    The only worthy comical scenes are with Mary and Norris.

I agree . Mary (Patti Clare) is a gem!
  • Options
    Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    I did for a while, but have gotten back into it following the returns of Ken and Jim. While its not quite 'vintage Corrie' I think its a bit more rounded than Emmerdale atm.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not as hooked as I was :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I haven't watched it since Hayley died and don't miss it and can't see myself watching it again to be honest.
  • Options
    dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I go off it quite a bit especially when ridiculous story lines which come in out of nowhere are brought in or characters seem to change personality to suit the story line. But Ive been a fan for so long and I don't watch any other soaps, so I will always stick with it. Don't mind Deirdre and Ken, Rita, Steve, Eileen, Gail and Sally, in fact most of the oldies are why I do stick with it.
  • Options
    Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gail and Michael drag the show down.

Des and Gail are the highlight of the show. At least you can laugh at them.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Corrie but The Hat is making it really difficult to at the moment. Switched off for a few weeks and didn't feel the need to come back to it until friends on DS let me know what a total hardcase nutter this Neil bloke is.
  • Options
    Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is the hat?:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woofwoof77 wrote: »
    It just seems to be getting worse.
    I don't find the storylines or acting very good now. Esp as Ken Barlow has come back,he just seems a very dull actor. And the whole camping with Deirdre thing, what the hell was that all about, it wasn't even funny.

Not just having a go at Barlow, but other storylines too, Kirk proposing to Beth, Gail and her new love. I'm just finding it dull.

I'm actually finding Eastenders a bit more interesting , dare I say that, even though Ian beale makes me skin crawl .

Corrie is and always will be The Queen of Soaps. I made the mistake of tuning into Eastenders the other night. Five minutes was enough: horrible people shouting at each other in horrible voices. DO NOT LIKE
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still love Corrie and always will, it always gives you a good laugh and has the perfect mix of humour and drama. Much funnier than the shouty Eastenders. :)
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Havent watched it since Tina was murdered and can't see me going back to it now.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    OldEnough wrote: »
    Corrie is and always will be The Queen of Soaps. I made the mistake of tuning into Eastenders the other night. Five minutes was enough: horrible people shouting at each other in horrible voices. DO NOT LIKE

This thread is about Corrie. why bring Eastenders into it given you don't watch it
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »
    Tina storyline is really bad! No doubt it will win best storyline at next years BSA though considering corrie is their fav:D

No wonder as the British Soap Awards are on itv, the channel Corrie is shown on! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    Still love Corrie and always will, it always gives you a good laugh and has the perfect mix of humour and drama. Much funnier than the shouty Eastenders. :)

It may be funny at times but even when Eastenders have lighter moments, it isn't as cringeworthy as we have now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've gone off Corrie since autumn last year but I still watch, I don't know why.