EE - List 3 Actors to play Johnny Carter in 2015?

O-JO-J Posts: 18,795
Forum Member
✭✭
Its obvious to me that Sam Strike will not be back to play him again, I don't think he was too fussed about the role, So I think a quick recast would be good for the whole family unit to stay strong.
It's not too late to recast because he hasn't been used much.

Comments

• newyorkcitygirlnewyorkcitygirl Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, the character needs axing now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Morgan Freeman
    Steve Carrell
    Aaron Paul
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matthew rush
  • Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No more Recasts and Johnny leaving might do the rest of the carters some good just like the masoods when Shabnham left the first time. Im Hoping in 2015 with stan gone dean johnny and aunt babe gone Nancy and Lee finally get some more attention!
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    Bobby Lockwood
    Billy Howle
    Morgan Freeman
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Jack O'Connell He is 4 years older than Sam Strike but I think he would be good as Johnny.
  • dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Johnny won't be back anytime soon unless Sam Strike has a sudden change of heart which is unlikely. My guess is they will give some much needed focus to Nancy and Lee and then once the Carter numbers start to dwindle in a few years then Johnny will return, with a new head no doubt.
  • CalfroCalfro Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Linda Henry
    Lenny Henry
    Henry VIII
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 68,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    Jack O'Connell He is 4 years older than Sam Strike but I think he would be good as Johnny.

Jack O'Connelll looks a little like Sam Strike but he is a star on the rise and may not be interested in EastEnders now.
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new found trend of re-casting characters has become tiresome

Because of the coming out scene, i think the role will forever be associated with Sam Strike. To replace him so soon would be ridiculous
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone will do I have no preference. sure when they bring him in he will be a straight woman with a really loud personality and a very nasty streak
  • Shane_RossShane_Ross Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    gary busey
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, just leave him be. The character doesn't require a recast at this very moment. It's way too soon for that to be happening.

The Carters will be fine, even without Johnny's presence.
  • HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tommy Knight.
    Tommy Bastow.
    Tyger Drew Honey.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christopher Lee, Kirk Douglas or Doris Day.
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Not a huge pool to choose from but Bobby Lockwood, Miles Higson, Freddie Fox, Matthew Bailey and Billy Howle would all be decent.
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No more Recasts and Johnny leaving might do the rest of the carters some good just like the masoods when Shabnham left the first time. Im Hoping in 2015 with stan gone dean johnny and aunt babe gone Nancy and Lee finally get some more attention!

Aunt babe aint leaving???
  • popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it would be right if Johnny was not back in the summer for the birth of his brother/sister and Linda/Mick's wedding

I hope that they go for a quick recast and a summer return.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Why the need to recast why not just let the character leave. I doubt the Carters will be around for too many years anyway
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Not an interesting character or actor.
    I really am trying to see what all the fuss is about. Just don't get it.
    Is it because he had a coming out scene ?
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He needs to go away / grow up and come back a developed character. He has served his purpose for now. 18 months / 2 years when storylines are totally different.
  • popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    Not an interesting character or actor.
    I really am trying to see what all the fuss is about. Just don't get it.
    Is it because he had a coming out scene ?

The coming out scene is a big factor in why Johnny is popular with viewers but not the only reason why he is popular. A recent poll showed he was third most popular carter family member just behind Mick and Linda and well ahead of the rest. Not everyone will relate to him but he was for a variety of reasons the most interesting of the Carter kids and had plenty of scope for future storylines so his departure is a blow to the Carter family dynamics.

Whether EE bosses think that he needs to be part of the Carter family sooner rather than later who knows. We do know that DTC based Johnny's storylines on his life experiences and is special to him so that might indicate he would want the character to continue