Overload generation - The heir to one directions throne

Liam_WestfieldLiam_Westfield Posts: 343
Forum Member
Forget the stereokicks hype. This band is the real deal. If they were giving some pimping and some tabloid leaks to get the young girls excited I am sure they would be trending on twitter every day. They are tailor made for a band, they can all sing, they got looks, they got personality & they know how to work an audience.

I can see them achieving big things & maybe reaching the level of N Sync. Maybe One direction & over generation can be today's N Sync vs Backstreet boys.

I will be surprised if Simon don't sign them, check out this performance and compare it to stereokicks weekly drab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3a_YrioPyw

Comments

• RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Forget the stereokicks hype. This band is the real deal. If they were giving some pimping and some tabloid leaks to get the young girls excited I am sure they would be trending on twitter every day. They are tailor made for a band, they can all sing, they got looks, they got personality & they know how to work an audience.

I can see them achieving big things & maybe reaching the level of N Sync. Maybe One direction & over generation can be today's N Sync vs Backstreet boys.

I will be surprised if Simon don't sign them, check out this performance and compare it to stereokicks weekly drab.

I severley disagree here. Their self written song from the arena audition was blah. The fact they never made Jugdes Houses but were chosen as a Wildcard was ridicilous.

The New Girlband made at Bootcamp and The Boyband Concept were miles ahead of most of the groups.

Only The Young, New Girlband & Concept should have been the groups Louis had chosen :)
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    maybe reaching the level of N Sync.

They won't reach the level of Kitchen Sink
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon absolutely hated them so i doubt he'll sign them somehow
  • bananaa_bobbananaa_bob Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What are you smoking?
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you their PR person?

They've been modelled to look like 1D and they always cover 1D songs.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Are you their PR person?

They've been modelled to look like 1D and they always cover 1D songs.

Steph can make it BIG and Jack Walton's voice threads prove that he isn't a PR person!

Also can I just say - I love you Liam you make the most hilarious threads! Definitely making me lol! :D

Personally I think Overload Gen can defo make it big. Perhaps the next Backstreet Boys? :blush:
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were absolutely embarrassing. Seriously. They have to be the worst act I've ever see on the show, even worse than Wagner and Jedward etc! Those two at least had the novelty excuse, but Overload were just downright terrible. No redeeming qualities at all.
  • ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon said blankly he doesnt believe in them and voted them off the show in WK1
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're not even worthy of a toilet throne.
  • Liam_WestfieldLiam_Westfield Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    ucra girl wrote: »
    Simon said blankly he doesnt believe in them and voted them off the show in WK1

Well, he's made a big mistake a really big mistake. I believe in overload generation and I know millions of others out there do too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, he's made a big mistake a really big mistake. I believe in overload generation and I know millions of others out there do too.

Which member of this (deluded) band are you?
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well evidently not since they only earned 2.7% of their only vote. I'm pretty sure "millions" constitues more than below 3%. :p
  • KikiDafuqKikiDafuq Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Steph can make it BIG and Jack Walton's voice threads prove that he isn't a PR person!

Steph could maybe do the vocals on a dance song by an established dance act, but as a solo performer in her own right I don't see it. Jack's vocals were very weak, though I could maybe see him in a boy band.
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    You're becoming far too obvious with the trolling now, Liam. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    No.

How many boy bands have tried and failed to dethrone 1D? There was The Wanted, BTR, Mindless Behavior, JLS, Union J, Emblem3, District3, IM5, Midnight Red, The Vamps, Rixton, etc. and 5SOS are just their ally a la Ed Sheeran. There won't be another big boy band for a long, long time; maybe in the UK, but definitely not in America.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Joking aside, were they really any worse than Stereo Kicks...?!

The blonde one was really annoying, but other than that I couldn't quite get the hatred for them.
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Are you just slowly making your way through all the early eliminated contestants and making topics about them for laughs?...
  • Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You keep posting forums saying this about all the acts eliminated first!

I mean, why????????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overload Generation have the makings to be a global success, their harmonies are on par with Abba and as a unit they're as tight as anything over the last few decades. Watch this space.
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Overload Generation have the makings to be a global success, their harmonies are on par with Abba and as a unit they're as tight as anything over the last few decades. Watch this space.

The Overload Generation on the X Factor?

The ones eliminated first?

Never actually made it to Judges Houses?

Harmonies as good as ABBA? One of the biggest groups in the history of Planet Earth>
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Dude, take your medication pills before starting a thread --"
  • SugarNSpiceSugarNSpice Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this thread is tongue-in-cheek just like all the others the OP has started.