EE: Earliest Duff Duff memory (not from clips!)

summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
Forum Member
What's the earliest Duff Duff you remember actually seeing on TV when sitting down to watch EastEnders? Not from repeats or clips on youtube etc.

Mine is Ethel saying to Dot about Nick "He tried to poison you".

I was only a little boy at the time, and i was immediately hooked!

Comments

• big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Mine is Michelle Fowler's exit, age 5. I remember wondering how long she'd be away for- 19 years later....:cry::D
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    big dan wrote: »
    Mine is Michelle Fowler's exit, age 5. I remember wondering how long she'd be away for- 19 years later....:cry::D

If that was the first episode you saw did you really care that much? haha
  • sultanina9sultanina9 Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    summer_ste wrote: »
    What's the earliest Duff Duff you remember actually seeing on TV when sitting down to watch EastEnders? Not from repeats or clips on youtube etc.

Mine is Ethel saying to Dot about Nick "He tried to poison you".

I was only a little boy at the time, and i was immediately hooked!

Stella falling off the roof iis probably mine
  • CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering I would've been only two or three years old when this aired, I have no idea why it's stuck with me for this long but it has

http://youtu.be/cMHuTplUH_U
  • AmelloAmello Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    As a Canadian viewer who got into EastEnders because of clips I saw, I apologize to the original poster for cheating, but the first time I ever saw anything from the show was a YouTube clip of Tiffany's death.
  • SOAPYFANSOAPYFAN Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kathy leaving on the plane.... I remember my Mum making a comment about the music!
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Amello wrote: »
    As a Canadian viewer who got into EastEnders because of clips I saw, I apologize to the original poster for cheating, but the first time I ever saw anything from the show was a YouTube clip of Tiffany's death.

That's cool you got into the show from finding clips on youtube!
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episode 1 when Nick put his fist through the pub door glass
  • FlibbertigibbitFlibbertigibbit Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Grant and Phil arriving on the square from wherever they had left to go to and Peggy (probably) screaming at someone on the square and she hears "'allo mum"
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SOAPYFAN wrote: »
    Kathy leaving on the plane.... I remember my Mum making a comment about the music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka06us4PPa4#t=60

Jazzy style Julia's theme :D
  • eaststreetlovereaststreetlover Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stacey leaving Albert Square - 2010
  • nigel12nigel12 Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle telling Arthur she didn't want to marry lofty
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teresa Di Marco saying to her brother Gianni "You don't want me seeing Lenny because he's black!"

Why i remember such a poor one is a mystery
  • davidnumendavidnumen Posts: 1,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was 14 when the show started and I don't know why but I took against it pretty early on - I think it was because everyone sounded thick. I had a friend who was an avid viewer of anything soapish and he used to phone me up and play the theme on the organ just to annoy me!

The first "duff duffs" I ever saw was purely by accident - I had turned over to see something on BBC and EE was ending. From memory it was Pauline sitting saying "E's done a bunk, Mark's done a bunk."
  • bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eddie Royle being murdered

Some people must be really young on here!
  • ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,905
    Forum Member
    Lou's confrontation with her family the evening before she died, either that of Tom Clement's death. Can't remember which came first (and can't remember properly if Tom got the Duff Duff)
  • Lisa_Thomas2Lisa_Thomas2 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine was the Kat/ Zoe "I'm your Muvva" thing.

Which makes me sound terribly young as it was fairly recent, even though I'm not. I didn't watch EE as a kid. I probably did watch it prior to that though, but it's the first one I have any recollection of.
  • craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Earliest Eastenders memory is the Mitchells arrival, but earliest duff duff is Ian getting shot!
  • andreas_eastendandreas_eastend Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine was the Kat/ Zoe "I'm your Muvva" thing.

This was my first duff duff too :D
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Bianca & Ricky leaving. Wasn't my first episode, but definitely a memorable doof doof. The John Yorke era left me hooked.
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Den finding Kathy post rape the first proper duff duff I can recall, but I had been watching since late of 87.
  • skteoskskteosk Posts: 18,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't the first episode I saw but the earliest one that stuck in the memory, excluding repeats, was Arthur's "He's dead, Ian. Pete is dead."
  • superstargirl81superstargirl81 Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Not the first episode I had watched but the first one I can remember is the Kat/Zoe reveal, I was only 9 or 10. Me and my friends reenacted that scene on the playground at school for about a week afterwards lol

And another one I always remembered was Steve Owens death because my sister cried afterwards lol. I think she had a bit of a crush on him haha.
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    The first episode I watched was 6 weeks after it started. Mary the punk had left Ethel baby-sitting looking after the baby; she came back to find both of them had disappeared from the flat. The duff-duff was Mary panicking. (The resolution next episode was that Ethel had simply taken the baby out for a walk in the pram.)
  • bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YOU'RE NOT MY MUVVA

YES I AM

Is quite simply the best reveal ever