Iphone call failed....please help?

bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
Forum Member
One of our employee's has joined a rival firm, and took our business Iphone with her. She point blank refused to return it back, so we had O2 block it and called the police. The police called her, and politely asked her to return it.
O2 have since lifted the block on the phone, and we were forced to do a forced reset on the phone because she put a security pass key in; but now all calls say "failed" even though there is full signal?

Would we need to re-register it with Itunes because we have done a full factory reset or is there something else?:(

Please, can anyone help? Thank you in advance.:)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Yes, the phone will need to be re-synced withiTunes.

How did you do the reset by the way? On the device itself?

You would be best doing a total restore with iTunes, plug the phone in and when it appears in iTunes hit the 'restore' icon. This will download and install the latest firmware and also reset the phone, I know you have already done this but this will make sure it's 100% right.

Once this is done you will set the phone up as normal and iTunes will 'activate' the phone and allow the phone to make calls again.

I used to work in an Apple Store and this happend quite a lot so don't panic.
  • bottleofbestbottleofbest Posts: 8,026
    Forum Member
    pilot25dmc wrote: »
    Yes, the phone will need to be re-synced withiTunes.

How did you do the reset by the way? On the device itself?

You would be best doing a total restore with iTunes, plug the phone in and when it appears in iTunes hit the 'restore' icon. This will download and install the latest firmware and also reset the phone, I know you have already done this but this will make sure it's 100% right.

Once this is done you will set the phone up as normal and iTunes will 'activate' the phone and allow the phone to make calls again.

I used to work in an Apple Store and this happend quite a lot so don't panic.

Hi Pilot, thanks for the response. Yeah, we did the force reset by connecting it to Itunes and did this...

Disconnect the USB cable from the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
    Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.
    If you cannot turn off the device using the slider, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
    While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the device. The device should turn on.
    Note: If you see the screen pictured below, let the device charge for at least ten minutes to ensure that the battery has some charge, and then start with step 2 again.

Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. When this screen appears you can release the Home button:

If necessary, open iTunes. You should see the following "recovery mode" alert:

Use iTunes to restore the device.

Right ok, I will ask the boss to reconnect to Itunes and reactivate the phone. Thanks for your help!:)