Judy and people saying she should be out

Kirsty18Kirsty18 Posts: 83
Forum Member
I know Judy is not the best dancer at all. Eather Scott or Judy should have gone out instead of Tim.
I just find it ridiculous all the people complaining and saying how it's not fair how Judy is still in the competition. It's not HER FAULT. If the public want to keep voting her in then thats that.
I just find it unfair and quite sad that people think its right to comment on how someone shouldn't be in the competition. If you don't want someone in there then don't vote for them!!! Simple.
What's everyones fews on this???
:)

Comments

• kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People vote for all different reasons. I think there were quite a few celebs this series who were never going to make dancers and who should be the first to be voted off, but I don't think it matters in what order they go.

By a country mile, Scott is the worst dancer, and he is still in the show, so really don't see why they should pick on Judy.
  • Kirsty18Kirsty18 Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Thats what I was like.
    Scott is deco the worse. But it's Judy that everyones picking on.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have said Judy and Scott were equally bad until this week when Judy did show some slight improvement (or perhaps the tango just suited her woodenness more than the other dances).

Some people do take Strictly very seriously and feel that if a pretty bad dancer is eliminated before a totally bad dancer, it's a major injustice. I won't start to panic unless Judy (and Scott) are still there when much better dancers have been eliminated.

That said, I won't be blaming either of them if that does happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Until that tango, I was in favour of Judy going as she had not improved. But her tango was a major improvement; so now I want her to stay, at least for a littlelonger.
  • TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Kirsty18 wrote: »
    Thats what I was like.
    Scott is deco the worse. But it's Judy that everyones picking on.

Hardly... look at the polls on here. Scott is way at the bottom!

I prefer Scott to Judy because I like his personality and sometimes he can be fun, therefore he's entertained me more than Judy. Both of them are terrible dancers though and I'd have liked both out before Tim, but there we go.... hopefully both will be gone soon before any really good people are lost.
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Judy should have gone out before Tim. I suspect that she would be able to beat Scott in a dance-off so she may have one more week on the show after this Saturday. I can't see her surviving against anyone else. On the other hand if she is popular with the public she might survive a few more weeks until she ends up in a dance off and gets bowled out of the competition. I think she has done really well to get so far - only Scott is left of the celebs who are at a similar level in terms of their ability.

Well done Judy!
  • humbug333humbug333 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing wrong with Judy. She is a lovely lady but very nervous. I am sure most complaining on here wouldn't even be prepared to have a go. I just love hypocrisy . She is improving each week and surely that's the main idea of the show , not to thrill the girlies(or gays) with the men's chests or to enhance the chances of the younger competitors who have had previous stage training and experience. .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    It happens every year, not so good dancers stay in longer than some superior performers and people go into,frothy mouthed meltdown. What I admire about Judy is she has taken some fairly nasty comments from the judges (mainly Craig) without tears or tantrums. She doesn't look like she has the ability to relax when on the dance floor, but instead of freeing constructive comments, she is told she had "rigor mortis" - nasty and uncalled for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It happens every year, not so good dancers stay in longer than some superior performers and people go into,frothy mouthed meltdown. What I admire about Judy is she has taken some fairly nasty comments from the judges (mainly Craig) without tears or tantrums. She doesn't look like she has the ability to relax when on the dance floor, but instead of freeing constructive comments, she is told she had "rigor mortis" - nasty and uncalled for.

I agree. Craig loves the destructive comments. All he cares about is ME ME ME and how he looks to the audience. What a hateful man. More constructive comments please so EVERYONE then has a chance because confidence has improved.
  • Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Not quite sure why people are complaining that Judy isn't out yet. :confused:
    She wasn't even bottom two of the judges leaderboard let alone bottom two of the public vote, so why the big outcry about her still being there?.... She was better than both Scott and Tim on Saturday so is deservedly still on the show.
  • DancingQueen74DancingQueen74 Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    Not quite sure why people are complaining that Judy isn't out yet. :confused:
    She wasn't even bottom two of the judges leaderboard let alone bottom two of the public vote, so why the big outcry about her still being there?.... She was better than both Scott and Tim on Saturday so is deservedly still on the show.

Hear hear, I totally agree. She wasn't the worst. And at least she looks like she's enjoying it- I'm not getting that impression from Scott- just from what I can see.
  • JoJoJayJoJoJay Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that leap into Anton's arms was really brave! Maybe carrying that off will give her more confidence for the upcoming Charleston.
    I do think that Craig is veering towards nastiness with his comments towards her though, and wondered if someone has called him out on that - on iTT tonight he was (grudgingly) a little bit nicer about her.
    During his critique of another dancer after Judy on Sat (can't just remember which one) he mentioned Judy in a negative way and I thought that was a step too far, even by his standards : (
  • MoonbeanMoonbean Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a million times better than Scott, so if people are complaining about her then maybe they should re-watch his dances! Having said that, no contestant should be complained about, as it isn't their fault if people vote for them and the public have every right to vote for whoever they want.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scott deserves to be out on his ear and I am sure he realises he can rely on his Radio One listeners to keep him in without trying to impress which is blatantly obvious. I don't listen to radio one and i am sure he has charisma but it certainly doesn't show. What a wally and makes me realise how "duh" the radio one audience really is.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not like we've lost anyone of quality instead, Gregg, Jennifer and Tim are all on the same level as Judy, if anyone should face hate it should be Scott, he's the worst of them all.

Its likely due to people not liking her before hand and now hating on her on this, personally I think she's great and hope she survives next week as well.
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone saying 'how dare people save her', can't have watched the show, because if you are third bottom on the judges leader-board, then technically you don't deserve to be in the dance-off, never mind go.

In reality, she's shown improvement, and a lot of viewers admire her attitude. Of course some people may have preferred Tim, but even his biggest fans must know that's not the same thing as a miscarriage of justice. If anything, the people bemused by her presence are going to encourage people to vote for her, for a little bit longer at least.
  • davegolddavegold Posts: 3,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just find it unfair and quite sad that people think its right to comment on how someone shouldn't be in the competition.:)

This is an internet forum. All people ever do is comment. Strictly is all about who's going to stay, who's going to go, who are the public going to vote for. Each week we vote for the celeb we want to keep but the show focuses on the celeb going out. That's why people talk about it.

In the big scheme of things, there are far worse things said on these forums (and all other forums) about the pros, celebs, judges, presenters, guest performers, producers, and even the band. Dave Arch and his singers must be doing well this year as they've escaped notice so far!
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judy should stay in a lot longer...........than Scott. Anyone should be in longer than Scott, so until he has been sent packing I will not say anyone should be sent home.
  • CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Judy is not the best dancer at all. Eather Scott or Judy should have gone out instead of Tim.
    I just find it ridiculous all the people complaining and saying how it's not fair how Judy is still in the competition. It's not HER FAULT. If the public want to keep voting her in then thats that.
    I just find it unfair and quite sad that people think its right to comment on how someone shouldn't be in the competition. If you don't want someone in there then don't vote for them!!! Simple.
    What's everyones fews on this???
    :)

I don't like her but she is no worse than Tim or Scott certainly.
    If the viewers vote for her they do.
    I'm happy. I am mystified why people get soooooooo het up
  • CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not like we've lost anyone of quality instead, Gregg, Jennifer and Tim are all on the same level as Judy, if anyone should face hate it should be Scott, he's the worst of them all.

Its likely due to people not liking her before hand and now hating on her on this, personally I think she's great and hope she survives next week as well.

True.

I don't like her though, but her presence on the show pleases other people so that's only fair. People take things far too personally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The daft thing about all the hot air is that of course it's the same every year - celeb is rubbish, celeb gets votes for being rubbish, celeb gets more votes than some less rubbish (and consequently less memorable) people, celeb stays in over less rubbish people, celeb eventually gets to the point where all non-contenders have disappeared, celeb gets voted out (usually having produced the one decent dance of their run).

Of course there is the whole 'Andy Murray on the show next week' conspiracy, which I think has been bubbling under for at least a fortnight, so perhaps the theorists are right and Judy's being artificially retained just until the famous bum in the Murray family's done its stint on a gold chair :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The daft thing about all the hot air is that of course it's the same every year - celeb is rubbish, celeb gets votes for being rubbish, celeb gets more votes than some less rubbish (and consequently less memorable) people, celeb stays in over less rubbish people, celeb eventually gets to the point where all non-contenders have disappeared, celeb gets voted out (usually having produced the one decent dance of their run).

Of course there is the whole 'Andy Murray on the show next week' conspiracy, which I think has been bubbling under for at least a fortnight, so perhaps the theorists are right and Judy's being artificially retained just until the famous bum in the Murray family's done its stint on a gold chair :D

I was just going to say that. Didn't she say both her sons would be in the audience next week?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MJS wrote: »
    Didn't she say both her sons would be in the audience next week?

Yeah, but nobody cares about Jamie, for all he's older and better-looking and was a Grand Slam Champion FIRST and all that :cry:;-)
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's still there because viewers pick up the phone and vote for her.

Those who don't like it can always vote for someone else.
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,735
    Forum Member
    To be honest, it's always been about who gets voted for vs who is actually a good dancer (Chris Parker anyone.....)?

No real genuine contenders have been voted out - all the ones leaving are those who are never going to improve enough to win and if the GBP want to vote to keep anyone in then that's their choice.

The only time I can recall a real potential contender going out shockingly early was Gaby Logan back in series 4 or 5 (I think...).

If, by some chance, Jake and Caroline had both ended up in the DO then yes, I suspect the judges would have been somewhat frosty tempered about it, but they haven't.

As more and more people get voted out, then the public will get behind the dancers who are improving and gradually the less able will be in the Do and will then go.

We've seen the likes of Lisa Riley and Mark Benton go quite a long way, but in the end the more able dancers get kept in - and eventualy, for some people, it starts to get slightly boring as at that point it does become a dance contest rather than Saturday night entertainment.

Not sure why people are singling out Judy in particular - she has more idea than Scott does - I suspect some of it is the Anton-haters because she's dancing with him. If she was dancing with maybe Brendan then maybe there wouldn't be so much outcry.