Options

Pete Doherty, or a lookalike?

Moll FlandersMoll Flanders Posts: 1,392
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hope someone can stop this nagging at me! As someone who has always been intrigued by the strange goings on of Pete Doherty, I did a huge double take about three or four weeks ago, when my husband and I were driving through the little village of Rottingdean, just outside Brighton, and who should cross at the zebra but Pete Doherty! - or so we thought at first - until we realised this guy probably looked younger and healthier than the real thing. Other than that, he was the spitting image. His face - totally indentical! At least 99% like the real Pete Doherty. I still can't quite make up my mind.
Does anyone know if Pete Doherty might have been in Brighton a few weeks ago, or does anyone know if there is a Pete D lookalike here? Would love to put my mind at rest at whether he was the "real deal" or not.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's been overseas for a while now at a rehab clinic and was there as of early December so I'm not sure it was him.

If you want to see what he looks like these days just google his blog.. he's posting photos all the time so you can check there. The good news is he's clean and it seems like this might be a breakthrough for him. I wish him all the best. I hope it works out for him and he can start to enjoy his life again.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/watch-pete-doherty-there-is-something-inside-me-that-longs-to-be-clean-9905933.html
  • Options
    Moll FlandersMoll Flanders Posts: 1,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's been overseas for a while now at a rehab clinic and was there as of early December so I'm not sure it was him.

If you want to see what he looks like these days just google his blog.. he's posting photos all the time so you can check there. The good news is he's clean and it seems like this might be a breakthrough for him. I wish him all the best. I hope it works out for him and he can start to enjoy his life again.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/watch-pete-doherty-there-is-something-inside-me-that-longs-to-be-clean-9905933.html

Thanks for your reply, and I totally agree with your comments. People are so quick to criticize him. I too wish him a happy, healthy life.

Will take your advice about his blog - thanks!
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't know about his blog either, will have to have a look.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reply, and I totally agree with your comments. People are so quick to criticize him. I too wish him a happy, healthy life.

Will take your advice about his blog - thanks!

People are quick to criticise him because he's a disgusting excuse for a man. I don't like junkies. He had a great career and relationship and threw it all away.

Cue onslaught of "how can you not understand addiction" comments
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well - I think he has admitted himself he jumped over the body of a dying man to get away from the scene before the emergency services arrived. It's also likely he knows more about what happened there than he's ever going to admit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also - did anyone know he was close to Peaches Geldof? Yet after she died, he included an entry by her in his latest published diary (I imagine it would not have been included if she hadn't died) and publicized an art show by announcing that he had just completed a portrait of her as a wedding present. She had got married a few years before, and that portrait could not have taken long to complete...

Of course it's always better that addicts recover if they possibly can, but he seems like an opportunistic unpleasant type of person to me.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jerrica09 wrote: »
    Of course it's always better that addicts recover if they possibly can, but he seems like an opportunistic unpleasant type of person to me.

Not sure he's opportunistic. He clearly knew her along with Amy and probably many other people. I suppose as an addict it's inevitable he's perhaps become involved in things that he may not be proud of when clean. That's just the nature of addiction to hard drugs.