Options

CS: "Our Poor Faye" (Spoilers)

NELLIENASHNELLIENASH Posts: 932
Forum Member
✭✭
Wondering what will happen to "Our Poor Faye" and the child she's about to produce.

She will be a disturbingly under-age mother and if she has the baby, loves it, has plenty of family support then it will be a replication of Sarah-Louise 15 years ago.

I do not think Faye is anywhere near mature enough to be a mother. If Owen is leaving then Anna will be struggling financially even more than now. I honestly think the way this storyline will pan-out is that Social Services will swoop like vultures and spirit the child away into care. I also think they make take Faye herself into care as it will be difficult for Anna to cope.

If Faye can keep the child I can honestly see her getting bored and leaving it in a skip or something. She would definitely resent the child for the attention it will get.

Comments

• Options
    JackKlugmanJackKlugman Posts: 5,362
    Forum Member
    Poor viewer seeing the Faye creature in this awful storyline

CS will be like this

1) Whole storyline about the baby and who the daddy is. (My money on Owen)
    2) Story about her coping and school
    3) In about six months baby will be forgotten just like all the kids are. Where is Gary's baby? Where Ti's and Fiz Babies? Forgotten
    4) The baby will grow super quick, like a jem 'hadar and by the time its 14, it will look 25
    5) Pat Phelan will come back and run off with Anna
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is going to be awful.:(
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    This is going to be awful.:(

Surely you should watch it first and then comment!!
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorrento wrote: »
    Surely you should watch it first and then comment!!

Doesn't help that the actress is cr*p
  • Options
    Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    Anna is going to be horrendous. I thought the character could get no worse following her appalling treatment of Roy but this is going to be unbearable.

The whole family have dragged the show down so much for so long now - ever since the Tina surrogacy storyline they've just had drama and misery constantly, with their money troubles, the Phelan saga, Gary and Izzy's break-up, losing the house, the cafe break-in, Gary's angst over nothing and now this giant plot tumour.

God, I'm so sick of the Windstrongs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't help that the actress is cr*p

They said that about Belle in ED but she was great........so lets give Faye a chance...she may surprise everyone...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Faye (to baby) - "love you lots like jelly tots"

Craig - "swap you -bag of jelly tots for the baby. always wondered what they taste like

Faye - ok then. bored with it now.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member

CS will be like this

2) Story about her coping and school
    3) In about six months baby will be forgotten just like all the kids are. Where is Gary's baby? Where Ti's and Fiz Babies? Forgotten
    4) The baby will grow super quick, like a jem 'hadar and by the time its 14, it will look 25
    5) Pat Phelan will come back and run off with Anna

Regarding number one, i bet that the dad is unknown but anna and tim will jump to the conclusion that its craig. Cue a bit brawl between anna and beth. Nobody will believe faye or craig when they deny it until the real father is revealed
  • Options
    TeganRhanTeganRhan Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spot on Tt
  • Options
    jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaysus Corrie certainly has hit the brick wall with stories like this
  • Options
    llgxllgx Posts: 1,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So not looking forward to this.
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They said that about Belle in ED but she was great........so lets give Faye a chance...she may surprise everyone...

Who said that? The actress that plays Bella has always been great her getting awards being an example while the actress that plays Faye has been awful from day one her whiny voice is as annoying as nails on a chalk board and any scenes she has with anyone she can't help but look right at the camera she's to self aware sometimes and it's really irratingly bad. This story they are giving Faye they should have done a recast.
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,962
    Forum Member
    I just hope the actual birth takes place off screen. ..
  • Options
    lollipop1995lollipop1995 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gonna feel slightly sick watching this play out, it's SO wrong! She's 12 FFS
  • Options
    fw750xfw750x Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    With Faye being Adopted/Fostered Would the Social Services NOT Remove the Child for her own Safety ! After all she is ONLY 12 . Surely Faye would Now be deemed at RISK in this envoriment and Removed and Anna taken to Court for Child Endangerment or Child Neglect Not to mention Under age Sex, While being in a Foster Home or Adopted .Plus would the Family Doctor know that Faye is Adopted/Fostered and be Duty Bound to pass on this information to the Social Services Due to the Fact of her only being 12. Or is the Pregnancy going to be kept quiet No Doctor,s visit So that it will be kept secret until the birth or if they are found out an Abortion taking Place. I think an Abortion can only be an option if the Mother is Deamed to be of not sound mind or the Pregnancy could kill her .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member

The actress who has played Belle brilliantly for years, and won plaudits for it. The same can't be said for the actress who plays Faye. When Sarah Lou Platt fell pregnant, Corrie had recast the part as the original Sarah wouldn't have done it justice. Imo, if they insist on this SL going ahead, it should have been with a different Faye as I just don't see the current one doing a good job. I know we can't judge what's yet to be seen, but having watched Faye so far, I just don't think she's up to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who said that? The actress that plays Bella has always been great her getting awards being an example while the actress that plays Faye has been awful from day one her whiny voice is as annoying as nails on a chalk board and any scenes she has with anyone she can't help but look right at the camera she's to self aware sometimes and it's really irratingly bad. This story they are giving Faye they should have done a recast.

Read it on one of the threads...everyone is entitled to their opinions after all that's what this forum is all about........
  • Options
    GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is this kicking off then? Heard loads about it but no time frame. Also, is it a Sonia style one (she's just going to give birth shortly having been secretly pregnant for ages) or a Sarah-Louise style one (we suffer the pregnancy as well)?
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

CS will be like this

Well he is leaving, so it may be for a long stint at Her Majestys pleasure :D
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,962
    Forum Member
    fw750x wrote: »
    With Faye being Adopted/Fostered Would the Social Services NOT Remove the Child for her own Safety ! After all she is ONLY 12 . Surely Faye would Now be deemed at RISK in this envoriment and Removed and Anna taken to Court for Child Endangerment or Child Neglect Not to mention Under age Sex, While being in a Foster Home or Adopted .Plus would the Family Doctor know that Faye is Adopted/Fostered and be Duty Bound to pass on this information to the Social Services Due to the Fact of her only being 12. Or is the Pregnancy going to be kept quiet No Doctor,s visit So that it will be kept secret until the birth or if they are found out an Abortion taking Place. I think an Abortion can only be an option if the Mother is Deamed to be of not sound mind or the Pregnancy could kill her .

I would enjoy watching Anna go through this :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NELLIENASH wrote: »
    Faye (to baby) - "love you lots like jelly tots"

Craig - "swap you -bag of jelly tots for the baby. always wondered what they taste like

Faye - ok then. bored with it now.

I'm really proud of this - no-one has chuckled yet. Please be the first.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is this kicking off then? Heard loads about it but no time frame. Also, is it a Sonia style one (she's just going to give birth shortly having been secretly pregnant for ages) or a Sarah-Louise style one (we suffer the pregnancy as well)?

I read she discovers she is several months pregnant following a change in her weight. So neither.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gonna feel slightly sick watching this play out, it's SO wrong! She's 12 FFS

I agree but it happens. So as sick as it sounds, it's essentially what has happened or still happening in real life.
  • Options
    GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The daddy is a boy a year or two older than her. He has not yet been cast for the part.
    The dirty deed was done at the party where she got drunk. She was infatuated with this older boy.
    Craig will be the first person to know that she is pregnant and gives her comfort and support.

All this has already been disclosed by the producer.

I believe that Anna will become a sort of surrogate mum and do most of the parenting for Faye.
    I have no doubt that initially, Craig will be blamed for the pregnancy.

Owen leaving probably has more to do with his ex wife turning up.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't be enjoying this storyline