Catastrophe - Sharon Horgan, C4

446.09375446.09375 Posts: 961
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone else watched this?
http://www.avalonuk.com/pressRelease/469

I didn't really take to it on first viewing, but then I've just caught it again and found it quite good. I'll probably watch it again.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• KittenfaceKittenface Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Liking it so far. Anything Sharon Horgan is in is always going to be good!
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I'm enjoying it so far too. It's not hitting the heights of Pulling, but there have been some very funny moments so far in this episode.
    Forum Member
    Pulling-absolutely brilliant. The sister was the best! She almost put me off drinking!
  • nvellanvella Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liked that
  • 2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kittenface wrote: »
    Liking it so far. Anything Sharon Horgan is in is always going to be good!
    She's not only in it, but she (and the male lead) wrote it.

Very good, I'll be watching it next week.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Good, wasn't LOL, then again neither was Pulling a lot of the time and I enjoyed that no end, it's still sitting on my PVR since 07 or 08.

They're a couple made in Heaven to rule in Hell.
    What happens when 2 people with broken filters get all webbed up.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I loved the relatively liberal use of the 'c' word - it was a proper 'adult' comedy. Plus, that Rob Delaney's a bit of a sort...
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was more heartfelt that I thought it would be. If you cut out the swearing and reigned in the sex scenes a bit, it wouldn't look out of place in an earlier slot. 10pm on Channel 4 seems like a waste.

I wasn't overjoyed to see Ashley Jensen again. She never seems to act, rather only plays an exaggerated version of herself.
  • malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hilarious. Loved it. Knew |Sharon must have had a hand in writing it and there she was in the credits! I laughed out loud anyway. Brilliant.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    For those who won't have a bally clue what this is about.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/catastrophe
    Rob Delaney and Sharon Horgan write and star in a comedy that follows an American man and an Irish woman who make a bloody mess as they struggle to fall in love in London.

Next week on...
    Sharon faces the reality of having a new room-mate in the form of Rob, the man whose child she happens to be carrying. She introduces him to her brother Fergal…
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Loved it but then again with Ms Horgan at the helm always expected too
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    nick202 wrote: »
    I'm enjoying it so far too. It's not hitting the heights of Pulling, but there have been some very funny moments so far in this episode.

Not seen it yet but if it's half as good as Pulling, I can't wait. I still haven't a clue why it got ignored in favour of Gavin & Stacey.
  • Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know who did the theme tune? I enjoyed it by the way (the show, not just the theme tune).
  • pubeypubey Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    it was brilliant. best UK (kinda) comedy I've seen in a long time.
    Forum Member
    I am already looking forward to the next episode and am going to watch it again on catch up. Even my husband enjoyed it and that says a lot as we rarely laugh at the same stuff.!
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great wee show really liked it cant wait for next week. What age is Sharon meant to be?
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Great wee show really liked it cant wait for next week. What age is Sharon meant to be?

I don't know but I fancy the pants off her.

My guess is that if her friends have thespian kids then she's meant to be in her late 30's/early 40's. Sharon Horgan is 44 and I didn't really get a sense that she was trying to act younger or older.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pubey wrote: »
    I don't know but I fancy the pants off her.

My guess is that if her friends have thespian kids then she's meant to be in her late 30's/early 40's. Sharon Horgan is 44 and I didn't really get a sense that she was trying to act younger or older.
    She is a milf.

It was the comment Rob said about age that made me wonder
  • mustard99mustard99 Posts: 2,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really wanted to like this and I wasn't disappointed. Big fan of Sharon Horgan since Pulling, didn't know anything about Rob Delaney but he was great. Both really likeable characters.

Some laugh out loud moments, looking forward to the rest of the series.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like the rest on here, been a fan of Sharon Horgan's since Pulling. I very much enjoyed 'Catastrophe' and look forward to the rest of the series.
  • fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's was funny. I find very little tv comedy funny but, this was great. Sharon Horgan is lovely and potty mouthed which was fabulous to see.
    Rob Delaney was fantastic, funny, puppy dog eyes and quite a Dilf. Definitely going to watch next week. Fran reminds me of someone I know ( the shoe free home!) loved how her husband feels the same way as Sharon's character! His description of childbearing was hilarious!
    Forum Member
    fayebeatle wrote: »
    It's was funny. I find very little tv comedy funny but, this was great. Sharon Horgan is lovely and potty mouthed which was fabulous to see.
    Rob Delaney was fantastic, funny, puppy dog eyes and quite a Dilf. Definitely going to watch next week. Fran reminds me of someone I know ( the shoe free home!) loved how her husband feels the same way as Sharon's character! His description of childbearing was hilarious!

Yeah there was a lot which resonated with me, as a new father/NCT/hippy friends/travelling businessman. Completely nailed it really.
  • DJ JimmyDJ Jimmy Posts: 7,166
    Forum Member
    I just saw the repeat on Channel 4. I thought it was quite good too. Hopefully the rest of the series will be good too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Missed the original showing on Monday but was hooked by the ad break. Looks like it's got real potential, I really enjoyed it. Ashley Jensen played a C*** particular well :)
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed it. Helps that I fancy pants off Rob Delaney. Will be interesting to see how it pans out. Could've appealed to a much bigger audience without the c-word.