CS: Barbara Knox (Rita) Arrested

Comments

• OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dark_Star wrote: »
    As ever there will be rules for one and rules for another. Katie Redford was sacked at the begining of the week for being economical with the truth about her age. Today at the end of the week Barbara Knox is convicted of drink driving. One was young and naive and the other old enough to know better. One keeps their very well paid job while the other is instantly sacked. I dont know about everyone else here but i sure know which offence is more serious and deserves the sack.
    Sorry, but that is an utterly spurious, disingenuous and irrelevant comparison, for reasons I just don't have the energy to explain.
  • ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...Katie Redford was sacked at the begining of the week for being economical with the truth about her age.

Speaking of being economical with the truth about her age, she's listed as being 80, 81 or 82 depending which report you read. :D:D
  • Dark_StarDark_Star Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Sorry, but that is an utterly spurious, disingenuous and irrelevant comparison, for reasons I just don't have the energy to explain.

Obviously as u condone drink driving....
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel repulsed and physically sick that Rita is still out there somewhere, driving around after 9 sherrys of a lunchtime, murdering any one who so much as sets foot in her private pavement lane. I shan't be going outside until she's in the ground or behind bars, it's just not safe.

I'd advise you all to take similar precautions. Stay away from windows and doors unless you know who she is, because you can bet that she'll ask as she's doing a three point turn through your living room.
  • sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :
    J-B wrote: »
    I feel repulsed and physically sick that Rita is still out there somewhere, driving around after 9 sherrys of a lunchtime, murdering any one who so much as sets foot in her private pavement lane. I shan't be going outside until she's in the ground or behind bars, it's just not safe.

I'd advise you all to take similar precautions. Stay away from windows and doors unless you know who she is, because you can bet that she'll ask as she's doing a three point turn through your living room.

:o:o:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »

:D:D:D:D

But much more importantly J-B, what the hell has happened to our other soap home? :o It's been hors de service for 2 days now and I feel lost. :(:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously as u condone drink driving....
    Yeah right. I spend my every waking moment lobbying my MPs to make it not only legal but compulsory. ^_^ Grow up kid. :)
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many taxis home could she have paid for out of the £4750 she has now had to fork out, and the roads would have been a lot safer too.
    Forum Member
    Yeah right. I spend my every waking moment lobbying my MPs to make it not only legal but compulsory. ^_^ Grow up kid. :)

Well ur the one defending a convicted drink driver! As someone who has been the victim of a serious road accident i know first hand the effects that one persons irresponsibility can have on another.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Not to mention the fact that katie is a fully grown woman and not in fact a young girl.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barbara Knox banned from driving for a year and a £3,000 fine. How shes gonna get to work now? doubt she can afford taxi everyday and i doubt she will slum it on a bus
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,824
    Forum Member
    Speaking of being economical with the truth about her age, she's listed as being 80, 81 or 82 depending which report you read. :D:D

Well that does it! Sack her immediately:D
  • CalfroCalfro Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Despicable criminal, needs locking up immediately, if I ever see her on the street I'm gonna march up to her, point at her and say "now listen here, lady."
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not to mention the fact that katie is a fully grown woman and not in fact a young girl.
    Which is why Katie lost her new job, for falsely claiming to be much younger than she is. This was a misdemeanour concerning her employment in Coronation Street
    Barbara's misdemeanour was in her private life and nothing to do with her employment in Coronation Street. Not that I am in any way condoning drink driving, but that is for Barbara's conscience.
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a criminal and could have killed or seriously injured innocent people because of her selfish couldn't care less about anyone else attitude.

Every time I watch Coronation street now and see her on screen, I will think about her being a drunk driver.

I cannot understand why anyone would stand up for her unless they themselves are drunk drivers.
    Forum Member
    Which is why Katie lost her new job, for falsely claiming to be much younger than she is. This was a misdemeanout concerning her employment in Coronation Street
    Barbara's misdemeanour was in her private life and nothing to do with her employment in Coronation Street. Not that I am in any way condoning drink driving, but that is for Barbara's conscience.

So was Chris Fountains misdemeanour but he was sacked too. Unfortunatly when ur in the public eye you dont have a private life and the things u do wrong can impact on ur job. Barbara hasnt even shown remorse for her actions and only changed her plea at the last minute to get a lesser punishment.
  • idgwiatidgwiat Posts: 2,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barbara Knox banned from driving for a year and a £3,000 fine. How shes gonna get to work now? doubt she can afford taxi everyday and i doubt she will slum it on a bus

Perhaps her daughter can give her a lift, oh wait....
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Been munching your way through t'thesaurus again OnJ? :D:D:D
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    Im a big fan of Rita /Barbara Knox but I hate drink driving so Im torn.

It didnt feel nice though watching cameramen /photographers surrounding an old lady hassling her for comments and sticking cameras in her face.
  • CalfroCalfro Posts: 148
    Forum Member

It didnt feel nice though watching cameramen /photographers surrounding an old lady hassling her for comments and sticking cameras in her face.

Old lady my eye, she's a conniving, manipulative, evil, disgusting criminal kingpin.

After the war, Churchill took his prized Lizard-Demon and made it into Barbara Knox, I witnessed Babs-Lizard drive in her true lizard form, eating Anthony Cotton's revolting, vile head (which made me chuckle) whilst downing a bottle of prosecco.

If you look closely at the NTA's when Adam WoodBeale is doing his soppy speech, the camera pins to Barbara who is beside William Cockroache and her hand is down his back. Why would she be touching his back? Simple: She killed Ken Barlow and is now using him as a ventriloquist dummy.
  • fallfallfallfallfallfall Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    hope she gets the sack or a ban like lloyd, les, little tommy and katie redford (love people still going on about it). but guess she will stay because she is a "national treasure"

#sackrita #teamkatie
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No less than she deserved. Age is irrelevant!
    At her age you would expect her to have better morals and judgement of what is acceptable in a civilised society.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    No less than she deserved. Age is irrelevant!
    At her age you would expect her to have better morals and judgement of what is acceptable in a civilised society.

To be precise I said it didnt FEEL nice .I didnt say she should automatically have been exempt from such scrutiny.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact nobody got hurt was pure luck. She committed a serious crime with no thought to the safety of others. My point is that what Katie did may of been wrong but is in no way as serious as drink driving yet she has been sacked and vilified by everyone were as Barbara has commited a serious offence and kept her job.

In a different thread, I pointed out that the BBC kept on a soap actor who turned out to be a callous killer. I had a response that he'd "paid" for his crime, so that was alright.

Maybe they should sack BK now, and reinstate her when her driving ban has expired. IIt would make as much sense.
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Calfro wrote: »
    Old lady my eye, she's a conniving, manipulative, evil, disgusting criminal kingpin.

After the war, Churchill took his prized Lizard-Demon and made it into Barbara Knox, I witnessed Babs-Lizard drive in her true lizard form, eating Anthony Cotton's revolting, vile head (which made me chuckle) whilst downing a bottle of prosecco.

If you look closely at the NTA's when Adam WoodBeale is doing his soppy speech, the camera pins to Barbara who is beside William Cockroache and her hand is down his back. Why would she be touching his back? Simple: She killed Ken Barlow and is now using him as a ventriloquist dummy.
    lmao

thanks for the laugh

but you are so correct. haha