McCoy's Crisps

djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,579
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone else noticed that the ridges are now considerably thinner? I know people want to be healthy but they just aren't as good

Comments

• bootyachebootyache Posts: 15,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    Anyone else noticed that the ridges are now considerably thinner? I know people want to be healthy but they just aren't as good

Won't people just end up eating twice as many crisps then?

Good marketing, bad for people's waistlines!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    News for the health Nazis:-
    Sometimes I feel like going into my garden and smoking two packs of ciggies and downing three cans od Carslsberg Speshy Brew then going to McDonalds for a large meal and dropping into a take away on the way home for a large tray of kebab meat and six southerm fried chixken thighs. Then sat on my backside all day with
    some ciggies and more lager before making myself an almighty fry up!
    after all, it's MY choice and mine only!
  • HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    motsy wrote: »
    news for thr health Nazis:-
    Sometimes I feel like going into my garden and smoking two packs of ciggies and downing three cans od Carslsberg Speshy Brew then going to McDonalds for a large meal and dropping into a take away on the way home for a large tray of kebab meat and six southerm fried chixken thighs.

Good for you? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    Good for you? :confused:

if we're being told we should take the healthy option all the time then it doesn't become an option does it?
    I believe democracy entitles me to eat what I want and this 'war on terror's about democracy. So I believe ot's FREEDOM OF CHOICE!!

I'm sick of being told what I should and shouldn't be eating and how much I should be drinking and the way it's being forced down my throat and whether I can smoke or not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if we're being told we should take the healthy option all the time then it doesn't become an option does it?
    I believe democracy entitles me to eat what I want and this 'war on terror's about democracy. So I believe ot's FREEDOM OF CHOICE!!

I'm sick of being told what I should and shouldn't be eating and how much I should be drinking and the way it's being forced down my throat and whether I can smoke or not.

But you do have freedom of choice though.

There's nothing wrong with people being told to eat healthily because most people are quite stupid and need the guidance. You can't bemoan people being given this advice because many do benefit from it and live longer, happier, healthier lives as a result.

Ultimately you are completely free to kill yourself with a poor diet/lifestyle if you so wish though.
  • coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    djfunnyman wrote: »

Ok ... I'm confused. What have thinner ridges got to do with people wanting to be "healthy"?

Are ridges high in calories, or something? :confused:
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    News for the health Nazis:-
    Sometimes I feel like going into my garden and smoking two packs of ciggies and downing three cans od Carslsberg Speshy Brew then going to McDonalds for a large meal and dropping into a take away on the way home for a large tray of kebab meat and six southerm fried chixken thighs. Then sat on my backside all day with
    some ciggies and more lager before making myself an almighty fry up!

Even Special Brew is heading for a much lower strength.Saw it on the news last week.It's to discourage Jakeys.Never liked it myself.Like drinking syrup.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

There's nothing wrong with people being told to eat healthily because most people are quite stupid and need the guidance. You can't bemoan people being given this advice because many do benefit from it and live longer, happier, healthier lives as a result.

Ultimately you are completely free to kill yourself with a poor diet/lifestyle if you so wish though.

Longer but not happier.Most of them don't even know who they are.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    no i dont like them to be honest
  • CupidStunt2010CupidStunt2010 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like them anymore, they are way to hard for my teeth
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like them anymore, they are way to hard for my teeth

A lot of crisps are going the same way.Walkers are one of the worst offenders.
    Golden Wonder are one of the few producers who still make crisps that won't send you to the Dentists.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U96 wrote: »
    Longer but not happier.Most of them don't even know who they are.

Bit of a sweeping assumption don't you think? :confused::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a sweeping assumption don't you think? :confused::D

Depends on what angle your standing at.I catch your drift though.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on what angle your standing at.I catch your drift though.:)

Well everybody obtains happiness through different ways.

I can think of several people who eat very healthily.. they are some of the happiest people I know.

Personally I do eat a lot of shit, which makes me happy... but I wouldn't presume that the same thing applies to everybody, and I don't begrudge health advice/warnings from officials/manufacturers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like cheese and onion McCoy's stuffed inside a tune sandwich.

Culinary bliss :)
  • dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This I agree with.
    Forum Member
    Even Special Brew is heading for a much lower strength.Saw it on the news last week.It's to discourage Jakeys.Never liked it myself.Like drinking syrup.

The Trampjuice website hasn't been updated though.
  • dale0693dale0693 Posts: 1,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also I think people should eat what they like and not what the government tells people, They always moan about unhealthy foods and overweight people but just because someone eats unhealthy doesn't automatically make them overweight a persons weight is also about motobolism everyone's different too, Some people are just not meant to be slim, I mostly eat unhealthy and I weight 46kg.
    Forum Member
    dale0693 wrote: »
    Also I think people should eat what they like and not what the government tells people, They always moan about unhealthy foods and overweight people but just because someone eats unhealthy doesn't automatically make them overweight a persons weight is also about motobolism everyone's different too, Some people are just not meant to be slim, I mostly eat unhealthy and I weight 46kg.

Would it appease the 'You shouldn't be eating that. You should be eating what we tell you to eat' brigade if I told them I often get some chicken portions or bag of ribs from GABBOTS or are their freshly cooked chicken pieces also in violation of the ciet code?
    While I'm out tomorrow I might drop into Maccy Ds for another barbecue rib (they should make I permanenent on the menu) and it wouldn't surprise me if the health Nazis were instrumental in having the sausage and bacon pot noodles removed from the shelves.

The way the health Nazis and diet police go on, anybody'd think the fast food chains employ people to stand at he doors and force passers-by in by gunpoint or round people up, put them in th back of vans and order them into the establishments at gunpoint, tie them to chairs and eat the food on offer.
    But somehow, there's something satisfying about a tray of kebab meat or a chicken burger from the take away or can of Kronenbourg on the way home from a late shift but either way, NOBODY forces me to and it's entirely MY choice and mine only.
    Besides, I'm keeping somebody in business and doing my bit for the economy seeing as smoking's off limits for me.
    Forum Member

Don't take what I said about the smoking, take away, cans of lager, take away and fry up literally, I was just being hypothetical about exercising my freedom of choice.
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just don't rate McCoy's as much now the ridges are thinner
  • MudboxMudbox Posts: 10,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they must be better now......I prefer them now anyway.....I can't stop eating those Fire Pit Barbecue Rib ones, when I buy the multi packs.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'll take a patato chip...AND EAT IT!