Options

The Graham Norton Show Is Back!

clarky323clarky323 Posts: 10,886
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/tv/graham_norton_show/episodes/10/1/

So, the graham norton show is back and there will be 20 episodes in this series running through till March 2012!

On the first show; Kate Winslet, Rob Brydon, Jamie Bell & music band Noah & the Whale singing L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N (i think that is how its spelt lol!)

anyway, what do you all think! :)

Comments

• Options
    VericaciousVericacious Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hurrah. :rolleyes:

(I wonder if Rob Brydon's show should be expanded ?)
  • Options
    cliffy91cliffy91 Posts: 1,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me the best chat show on tv :D
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Not a patch on the 'So Graham Norton' days when he was at Channel4.
    Its typical BBC PC friendly mostly now, and its such a shame aswell, as he is bloody good but is watered down so much, because its BBC!!!
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I like the Norton show. I watch Norton, Ross and Carr (although Carr is going downhill fast).

There was a lot of discussion about the first guests for Ross' new show and some were disappointed. The lineup for Norton's series opener doesn't look too great either.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=degsyhufc;53518903

There was a lot of discussion about the first guests for Ross' new show and some were disappointed. The lineup for Norton's series opener doesn't look too great either.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I only watch Norton now and I think the first show should have better guests so yes I am disappointed
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Not a patch on the 'So Graham Norton' days when he was at Channel4.
    Its typical BBC PC friendly mostly now, and its such a shame aswell, as he is bloody good but is watered down so much, because its BBC!!!

Totally agree. I'll always watch his shows, but I really miss old Graham. I also miss all the audience interaction.
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Good line up apart from Noah & The Snail, they were on Later last night, awful, awful band :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    glyn9799 wrote: »
    Totally agree. I'll always watch his shows, but I really miss old Graham. I also miss all the audience interaction.

I miss Betty aswell, she was so funny and yet looked bewildered most of the time bless her... But the crap excuse the BBC chick out is not even a 10th of the Channel4 days, where he could be himself and not be held back by a PC worried broadcaster, can only hope he leaves the BBC at the end of his contract, ITV or Channel4, i'd hope for Channel4 or ITV2 myself, but not BBC
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    I like Kate......

good line up for the start of the new series.:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Nice to have this back, easily one of the best chat shows around. Quite a good line-up too, does Winslet do many interviews? She's always good for a laugh, so she could work well with Graham.

Who else would we like to see on Graham's sofa? :cool:
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a good show but the BBC tried to turn it into a replacement for the Ross show and tended to get lots of hollywood A-listers on it plugging their current film.

They were always boring.

When the show had hollywood stars of yesteryear and the more obscure current actor/actress it was much more interesting. That's what made the show really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tassium wrote: »
    It was a good show but the BBC tried to turn it into a replacement for the Ross show and tended to get lots of hollywood A-listers on it plugging their current film.

They were always boring.

When the show had hollywood stars of yesteryear and the more obscure current actor/actress it was much more interesting. That's what made the show really.
    ^this. It just started becomming like most other shows instead of being very different. Even the difference of having a comedian chair lost it's charm as usually they were ignored or tried to shoehorn in humour at the wrong time.
  • Options
    ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are Noah & The Whale performing Life Goes On when the single is like 3 quarters of a year old.
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Scrubber wrote: »
    Why are Noah & The Whale performing Life Goes On when the single is like 3 quarters of a year old.

I know so weird, and they performed it on Later on Tuesday too. :confused:
  • Options
    samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 2 has been confirmed as so far being James McAvoy, John Bishop and Arctic Monkeys.

I agree with some people that the show now is starting to take the lace of the Jonathan Ross show for the BBC, so that's why we have all the big name guests. I don't know what to think as I'm happy to see some of these guests on but I did like the glory days of So Graham Norton. (Oddly enough the first episode is the only one clashing with the new ITV Ross show, except for the Christmas Special).

I've got friends who loved the old format with alot of Audience participation and lesser known guests and a lot who like it as it is presently, now that Graham gets a lot of A-list names (I do think that has something to do with the fact that this show is a BBCA coproduction) There are friends of mine who think while the show is funny., it seems just like a bunch of set-ups for gags and that there really isn't much interviewing going on.

I actually think that the radio show is much more similar to the old So Graham Norton show with the British presenters and actors and the eclectic American Guests.

Small Question about the TV Program though. I know that the musical difference between Wossy and shows like Norton's was that while Norton would have a lot of different well-known pop and rock music acts on, Ross would often have certain alternative or Fringe bands on. Now this series, I've noticed that he's had Noah and the Whale and Arctic Monkeys on. Is Graham starting to embrace the alternative styles now?:confused:
  • Options
    LTTLTT Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so I've got a game for everyone to play. It's called Graham Norton guest bingo. Arrange these names into a grid and mark one off each time they are on the Graham Norton show - don't worry it won't take a lot of time to call line or house - believe me!

- Miranda Hart
    - Catherine Tate
    - David Tennant
    - Jo Brand
    - Sandy Toksvig
    - Dawn French
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The show is not a BBC America co-production, its sold to BBC America, they have to buy the rights to it like everyone else, thats the only association it has, but not a co-production.
    Dr Who is...
  • Options
    LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People just love to moan, don't they? Of course it was going to be different on BBC! What were you expecting?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't think there's much point arguing about that as it's been on the beeb for years. A valid point though is that it is gradually transferring into t Ross show instead of it's alternative roots.
  • Options
    samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    The show is not a BBC America co-production, its sold to BBC America, they have to buy the rights to it like everyone else, thats the only association it has, but not a co-production.
    Dr Who is...

Thanks. I assumed it was. I thought I had read that earlier. Also, you had the short time between the BBC airing of an episode and the BBCA airing of an episode, plus the fact that Graham has been filming a panel show "Would You Rather" in the States which will
    air directly after the BBCA airings of his UK shows, I thought something was up.

Something I noticed was that on SOTelevision, it says that Series 10 will be 20 episodes, the same as Series 8 last year at this time, but I just checked the Official BBC site and it says that Friday's show is 1/23 , so I wonder what Graham's radio and TV taping schedule will look like for the next year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Jamie Bell twit is hopelessly outclassed sitting next to Rob Brydon and a bit too dull to realise. Keeps stepping on his timing. Really dislike him based on this.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This Jamie Bell twit is hopelessly outclassed sitting next to Rob Brydon and a bit too dull to realise. Keeps stepping on his timing. Really dislike him based on this.

Agreed. He also seems to think he's some kind of sex god lol on some DS article I read about him recently.
  • Options
    ScalerScaler Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Rob Brydon cracks me up taking the piss out of Kate Winslett.

'No mention of nominations':D

'You'd carry him out of a burning building':D

Wish the producers would play.:cool:
  • Options
    CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    Really boring first show which is a shame since I normally enjoy it - too much self promotion.
  • Options
    owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    He's very dull isn't he? I think he doesn't have a lot to offer and that's nothing to do with his age.