American Horror Story : Freak Show - UK Pace (No Spoilers)

Comments

• alphonsusalphonsus Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    <SNIP>Jessica Lange's Gods and Monsters was awesome
    Too right! Downloaded it from Amazon the moment I could. Distinctly better than the original, IMO.

I've seen quite a lot of negativity on this thread. I'll admit, it took me about 3 episodes to get into it, but now I'm really enjoying it. I'm quite glad that Twisty has gone. That sub-plot wasn't interesting me, though it will be interesting to see what happens with his successor. The rest of the characters have interested me from day 1.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So-so latest episode.

Was nice to see more of Paul and Ma Petite. Nice of Paul to get a major storyline. Good to know that Maggie's got a heart and didn't kill Ma Petite. Watching Jessica Lange show her love and attention last night was heart-warming. She is just so adorable!

Dandy's rants week after week are starting to become unbearable. The actor who portrays him is good, but i can't abide the character. He needs to go. He is SO unlikeable in every way. I really wish Gloria does the decent thing and kills him. That's what i'm expecting. Whether that happens is another matter entirely.

I'm guessing the fantasy flashforwards are here to stay. They seem to feature quite a lot this season.
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    So-so latest episode.

Was nice to see more of Paul and Ma Petite. Nice of Paul to get a major storyline. Good to know that Maggie's got a heart and didn't kill Ma Petite. Watching Jessica Lange show her love and attention last night was heart-warming. She is just so adorable!

Dandy's rants week after week are starting to become unbearable. The actor who portrays him is good, but i can't abide the character. He needs to go. He is SO unlikeable in every way. I really wish Gloria does the decent thing and kills him. That's what i'm expecting. Whether that happens is another matter entirely.

I'm guessing the fantasy flashforwards are here to stay. They seem to feature quite a lot this season.

BIB: That's the point. We're presented with Twisty and Dandy and on appearance you think Dandy would appeal to people and Twisty completely unlikeable. Then we learn Twisty has a tragic back story whereas as Dandy is just a nutter (so far, who knows what they'll throw at us before the series is up)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIB: That's the point. We're presented with Twisty and Dandy and on appearance you think Dandy would appeal to people and Twisty completely unlikeable. Then we learn Twisty has a tragic back story whereas as Dandy is just a nutter (so far, who knows what they'll throw at us before the series is up)

I get that. I understand that point. My primary concern is the more i see him like this the less i want to see him on screen. You can still be disliked and be watchable on screen. When he appears and starts with his rants i honestly feel like changing channels. That's how much he bugs me. Maybe it's just me.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get that. I understand that point. My primary concern is the more i see him like this the less i want to see him on screen. You can still be disliked and be watchable on screen. When he appears and starts with his rants i honestly feel like changing channels. That's how much he bugs me. Maybe it's just me.

No it's not just you. He is very annoying. You just want to smack him into next week.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching Jessica Lange show her love and attention last night was heart-warming. She is just so adorable!
    I thought having Ma Petite as a birthday gift for her was creepy, all the more so as Ma was reduced to being a hot water bottle, in some jacket that trapped her arms.
    Well, the show has said (though his mother) that Dandy is like that because of inbreeding, so his condition is genetic and no more his own fault than Twisty's. Twisty's was made worse by bullying. Dandy's was made worse by his mother. This week she gave him condoms, presumably so he could rape the twins without getting them pregnant.
  • RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one watch this week?

Poor Ma Petite :( Glad Dandy wasn't in this episode too much and glad the twins are back at the freak show but Elsa still wants them gone.

Not sure about the Jimmy twist though.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one watch this week?

Poor Ma Petite :( Glad Dandy wasn't in this episode too much and glad the twins are back at the freak show but Elsa still wants them gone.

Not sure about the Jimmy twist though.

I did and it had a high and low for me. Strangely both involving Dell.
    I was really happy to see Dell get his backside handed to him in an awesome fist pump moment by Eve.

And of course the low that made me sad was as you mentioned with Poor Ma Petite. Her little sounds were heartbreaking.

Dell has hung himself by going for her though. Both Eve and Elsa are going to be gunning hard for him when they find out.
  • JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up with latest episode and agree that it was better without too much of Dandy.

What a shame for Ma Petite, Dell had to go and pick on the smallest one, what a big brave guy he is, not! He was found out when Eve kicked his butt :)
  • Dress to KillDress to Kill Posts: 6,209
    Forum Member
    I strangely thought that Ma Petite would die even after the false death previously. Shame, but honestly there was only so much she could bring to an episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ma Petite didn't have much of a personalty. She was just small and cute and that was it. That plotline needed to make some progress.
  • scott789sscott789s Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Con-Man (can't remember his name), its been inferred that he has a unusually large member (say no more). Hopefully he will end up on display in one of the those pickling jars in the museum.

That would be justice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed the last episode, in fact i thought it was a really good episode. One of the best episodes so far alongside the Edward Mondrake ones.

I liked the fact the whole principal cast were in the episode including all the supporting characters (all the other 'freaks'). Everyone got a chance to shine, say something, do something. It seemed to all come together for me in this episode. Yeah, i know Dandy and Gloria weren't in the episode but they're not involved with the freakshow so they weren't needed (thank god!) and how good was the episode without them? So much better!!! I think that says a lot.

Gutted Ma Petite got killed off. Not surprised Dell picked her since she's the smallest and quietest. The fight between Amazon Warrior and Dell was brilliant. Loved seeing his ass getting kicked! Having said that i'm glad he he told the truth to Jimmy about being his dad and it was funny watching them bond.

Good to have the Tattler twins back at the freakshow, that's where they belong sparring with Elsa! :D

Now that Ma Petite's gone, it makes you wonder who's next? Think Stanley's going to cause a lot more trouble.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Dell kill the doctor? I thought he had just broken his hands?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ I decided the doctor committed suicide after his hands were broken. He couldn't work as a doctor any more, and he couldn't tell anyone else what had happened. Still, it wasn't adequately explained by the show.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    ^^ I decided the doctor committed suicide after his hands were broken. He couldn't work as a doctor any more, and he couldn't tell anyone else what had happened. Still, it wasn't adequately explained by the show.

How could he shoot himself if his hands were broken?
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I'd commented on last week's show. Maybe I thought about what I was going to write but didn't write it...

Anyway, gutted for poor Ma Petite. But what the heck was Dell thinking initially picking on the strongest person in the show besides him?

Still, the father-son stuff between Dell and Jimmy was genuinely touching.

Oh, and Jimmy doing "Come As You Are" was just hilarious. Best inappropriate musical number yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    Oh, and Jimmy doing "Come As You Are" was just hilarious. Best inappropriate musical number yet.

Nirvana eh? Bizarre!

i'm waiting for the Madonna one. I'm sure that's on the cards at some point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good episode last night. Wasn't expecting it to go as heavy as it did with all the killings but very apt episode title considering all the deaths and the very last shot! :o

That Dandy is a total freak of nature. Absolutely gutted Gloria didn't get the chance to put him down but the feeling i'm getting is the end game is with Dandy and he'll be there till the very end.

Sad for Gloria and disappointed Elsa killed Ethel but i suppose it was kill or be killed. I did think Jessica Lange was excellent last night.

The obese woman was an interesting addition. All real or a fat suit?

Can someone remind me what happened to the conjoined twins? I thought they were still there in the freak show but according to the show last night they disappeared again?
  • icanboogieicanboogie Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am enjoying this series but I miss Twisty.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dodrade wrote: »
    How could he shoot himself if his hands were broken?
    I don't know, but it seems he found a way. It'd be easier to do that than to break his hands after he shot himself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A very Dandy-centric episode. I can't stand the character and there's really no need to see his arse but i think i've gotten used to him now just being balls on the wall crazy and a complete and utter demented psychopath. Murdering all those women after Jimmy left the house and having the cop kill Dora's daughter, is there no stopping this nutter? Someone's gotta stop him, i just wonder who.

I thought Sarah Paulson did fantastic work as Dot and Bette this week. Fantastic acting from her.

The scene between Stanley and Dell was quite :o and when Stanley told the pretend doctor to suck his c*ck! :D

I think there's only 4 episodes left to go now?
  • Andy_BaldwinAndy_Baldwin Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Did anyone spot Nancy from Nightmare On Elm Street, in Eps 7 & 9?
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Dandy gets his comeuppance I'm wondering if he'll end up like the girl in Tod Browning's "Freaks" - "one of us..."