Anyone know of an app that can texture video footage

JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
Forum Member
Anyone know of an app that can texture video footage just like app can texture pbhotos

I want to record some home video and turn it into like a cut scene animation from a video game

If there isn't such an beast then there should be because it would be brilliant

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Strangely enough coming from me, no.
    But if you want to make your own videos, your way, you have my full support, never mind the crtiics on here (I provided a couple of links to the appropriate websites for the software I use) and nobody else on here so far's come up with anything better with the free trial downloads..
    My last two major multimedia projects never really got off the ground due to lack of ideas (bits can be found on Youtube).
    At the moment I'm working on a Sinclair computer graphics/anitmation simulation by doing different sequences at a time (my first one was Spectrum only but had no sound and last over a minute (It would have taken pages of code to actually do on a proper Speccy back in the day).
    This time it's got music but I've had to use twenty first century music making software for the sound track.
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure about 'texture' as such but I should think most video editing packages have some kind of adjustment or filter than can be applied if you want to reduce the number of colours or add blurring etc. Worth remembering that a photo takes just a moment but a video clip is 25 'moments' per second so if it's more than a minute or two be prepared to be patient!

I've used one called avidemux which has at least a few to do with effects and colour range but as I've only used fairly basic functions (e.g. chop/resize/convert) I don't know the full set of what's available but it's worth a look.

e2a: http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/ for windows, mac, linux
    e2a2: though if you want something for e.g. a fondle{slab|phone} I have NFI
  • D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You really have to film against a one colour background or it's a horrible messy time consuming job. Google "chroma key".
  • JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
    Forum Member
    I'm looking for this sort of effect
    http://goo.gl/Fqp6Xz
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JethroUK wrote: »
    I'm looking for this sort of effect
    http://goo.gl/Fqp6Xz
    Is that a 'posterise' or some similar word? Definitely a reduced palette which I think probably counts as 'relatively straightforward', plus or minus success...

To get the right name of the effect you want it's probably worth having a go in a picture editor to find the one you want or at least get the details of what it's doing so you can find it by technical summary or description if there isn't a special name for it.
  • JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
    Forum Member
    Is that a 'posterise' or some similar word? Definitely a reduced palette which I think probably counts as 'relatively straightforward', plus or minus success...

Exactly
    It's actually a case off removing/reducing information so a photograph/film looks like a hand drawn sketch/cartoon
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Something like Viva Video Pro?