Showbiz wigs: Wogan, Forsythe, Blackburn......

Comments

• 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    count_olaf wrote:
    Its NOT a wig for gods sake.
    Of course it is, for God's sake. :p
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    Laroc wrote:
    I read somewhere that Terry Wogan has three wigs, one with a just cut look, second a growing in a bit do and the third a needing a haircut.

That man's name is an inspiration! I wonder if TW's totally bald? I have noticed the subtle greying of the temples. I wonder if he uses Tippex to colour it in? Wiggex, maybe? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of the sides look real to me so I reckon he's just bald on top but adds a bit to the sides just to blend it all in. ;)
  • ikkleosuikkleosu Posts: 11,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That man's name is an inspiration! I wonder if TW's totally bald? I have noticed the subtle greying of the temples. I wonder if he uses Tippex to colour it in? Wiggex, maybe? :D

I actually don't think Terry wears a wig at all. If you notice his hair has changed colour and consistency over the years and now he has an obvious bald patch on the back of his head. If it was a wig surely that would be covered up?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ikkleosu wrote:
    I actually don't think Terry wears a wig at all. If you notice his hair has changed colour and consistency over the years and now he has an obvious bald patch on the back of his head. If it was a wig surely that would be covered up?
    Are you joking? :confused: It's common knowledge it's a wig.
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Graham Norton has definitely got added extensions to his hair, and I also think Will Young has too.
  • DrPepperDrPepper Posts: 2,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember back in the days when Bono had a mullet he won a Brit award and the camera angle showed he had a large bald spot - he didn't seem to hide it.

20 years later and about 50 hats and tadaa - a full head of hair :rolleyes:

Nicolas Cage too I think.

It's a touchy subject as I would like to turn the tide on my receding hairline but I will remain wigless - for now :D
  • ikkleosuikkleosu Posts: 11,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you joking? :confused: It's common knowledge it's a wig.

Nope not joking. I know everyone talks about it being a wig but that doesn't mean it is. It just doesn't make sense to me that someone would wear a wig that leaves them with a large obvious bald spot. *shrug*
  • acerspadesacerspades Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    I bet they all stick them on the radiator when they have been out in the rain!

They all need a Bronson from Grange Hill moment, imo!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DrPepper wrote:
    I remember back in the days when Bono had a mullet he won a Brit award and the camera angle showed he had a large bald spot - he didn't seem to hide it.

20 years later and about 50 hats and tadaa - a full head of hair :rolleyes:
    I'd never thought about Bono but yeah I guess he has had some miracle treatment done. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry Wogan hides it well!!! I didnt know that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this thread is hil-hair-rious!
    Love it
  • deisegirldeisegirl Posts: 3,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jessiejess wrote:
    He's not that famous - but my own personal favourite rug is the one belonging to Michel Thomas language teacher to the stars. I think he is based in LA, and was once on the Big Breakfast teaching carpet monster to speak Spanish in an hour.
    He was quite a short tempered fellow with those who didn't have the gift for a foreign tongue. I always like to think of his wig spinning like a top when he got frustrated and enraged with his dim witted students.

I will try and find a lovely pic of him and rug (spinning hopefully).

LOL he has the King of the Wigs alright...it's appalling. We had the short version of his Italian course at home so I was listening to it for a while walking to and from work before a trip to Italy last year....he really was narky! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaccob wrote:
    Didnt Richard Whitely wear a hairpiece as well and theres something unnatural about Jimmy Tarbucks hair.
    No, he didn't. He was thin on top and combed it over.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Laroc wrote:
    I read somewhere that Terry Wogan has three wigs, one with a just cut look, second a growing in a bit do and the third a needing a haircut.

Oh my god, call me stupid if you want, but I genuinely didn't know he wore a wig. He's one of my heroes. Mainly because he looks like my dad and I was very confused when I was very very small.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    apparently when the stone roses were at the height of the fame in 1989, they were offered the chance to go on wogan.

the band weren't warm to the idea, but decided to go on when ian brown came up with the idea that it would be really funny to appear on the show and TAKE OFF WOGAN'S WIG.

sadly the producers of wogan got wind of the idea, and stopped the roses from appearing. and we all missed this piece of epochal television.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    apparently when the stone roses were at the height of the fame in 1989, they were offered the chance to go on wogan.

the band weren't warm to the idea, but decided to go on when ian brown came up with the idea that it would be really funny to appear on the show and TAKE OFF WOGAN'S WIG.

sadly the producers of wogan got wind of the idea, and stopped the roses from appearing. and we all missed this piece of epochal television.

That would have been amazing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anybody see The Frank Skinner Show a couple of years ago when Bruce Forsythe was a guest? The Skinnerettes played Wig Wam Bam as he walked on. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One person thats always puzzled me is Jack Nicholson.In "one flew over the cuckoo's nest his hair is receeding the same as Danny Devito.Now one is totally bald,the other just thinning out?
  • oscardelahoyaoscardelahoya Posts: 4,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Bruce Forsyth's a transplant not a wig?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    The best wig in showbiz belongs to Bruce Springstein.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleni wrote:
    The best wig in showbiz belongs to Bruce Springstein.

Get outta here, that's not a wig!!

Is it?! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Yes it is that's why its the best.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look at the front just above his forehead you can tell something's not quite right. ;)

Gosh I'm slacking too. I've always prided myselfy on being an excelllent wig spotter, but I always thought Terry had a good head of thick Irish hair. Yes dyed obviously, just a bad comb over that looks thick at the parting. I will have to take a closer look!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry to drag up an old thread, but I can't believe gary Numan hasn't had mention yet..
    He now looks like a large Black cat has taken residence on his bonce:eek::p