Why is Dotty still called Dotty?

haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Surely she would have revealed by now that her name is Kirsty? It doesn't make any sense, unless the plot with Nick is ongoing and his disappearance is some sort of ruse.

Also, however bad the kid is, if she'd invited some friends from school to her birthday party they would have turned up for some free cake!

Comments

• STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    I thought Dotty was her real name. I didn't realise she was called something else.
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Dot (or anyone else apart from Dotty/Kirsty and Nick) know that she is not called Dotty
  • glitta17glitta17 Posts: 2,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think EastEnders have 'conviently' forgot her real name, or they are choosing to withhold it for a future storyline, looking at the spoilers for the next few weeks perhaps they are.
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    glitta17 wrote: »
    I think EastEnders have 'conviently' forgot her real name, or they are choosing to withhold it for a future storyline, looking at the spoilers for the next few weeks perhaps they are.

Care to expand further.....?
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    only dotty & Nick know her real name is kirsty. Even the authorities seam to have turned a blind eye to the fact an 80 odd yr old woman with a needy husband is also caring for an 8 or 9 year old who just appeared from nowhere and obviously her school has not asked for a birth certificate when she enroled or it would have been rumbled by now.
  • lmcd08lmcd08 Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i was actually thinking this myself whilst watching last nights episode, hopefully her real name with come out soon enough.
  • StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    only dotty & Nick know her real name is kirsty. Even the authorities seam to have turned a blind eye to the fact an 80 odd yr old woman with a needy husband is also caring for an 8 or 9 year old who just appeared from nowhere and obviously her school has not asked for a birth certificate when she enroled or it would have been rumbled by now.

Birth certificate? I've never had to produce one for mine when when enrolling them in schools.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    I had to produce birth certs for all my kids entering nursery and again on entering infant school.

The whole dotty thing is doing my head in,surely someone would have found out who she really is by now.
  • teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    Maybe she does know, but its an affectionate nickname?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know Dotty wasn't her name! Is she definitely Nick's daughter?
  • bel110bel110 Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe from Dotty's point of view she likes being 'Dotty' ... it's like an escape for her, a nice home, loving grandma etc ... maybe she's afraid that if she goes back to being Kirsty, that means going back to a life of uncertainty and crime!

I hope the name thing is part of a darker plot though!
  • StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naughty T wrote: »
    I had to produce birth certs for all my kids entering nursery and again on entering infant school.

The whole dotty thing is doing my head in,surely someone would have found out who she really is by now.

Hmm...my kids have been to 7 different schools and I've never been asked for them. Just as well as I've no idea where their birth certificates are :D

Indeed! And where is her mother, has this been mentioned?
  • Eve3275Eve3275 Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glitta17 wrote: »

Well, I haven't seen them but whatever it is, I hope it's not as lame as the Jane/Leslie thing turned out to be. :o
  • glitta17glitta17 Posts: 2,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazellis wrote: »
    Care to expand further.....?
    well i read that in the next few weeks, she seems to be causing Dot issues and in my Soaplife mag it says she gets arrested by lying :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,326
    Forum Member
    Studmuffin wrote: »
    Hmm...my kids have been to 7 different schools and I've never been asked for them. Just as well as I've no idea where their birth certificates are :D

Indeed! And where is her mother, has this been mentioned?
    Dotty/Kirsty's mother turns up at Dot's looking for her daughter on Feb 16th (saw pics in AAS today). It says that she asks for Kirsty and Dot realises she means Dotty which implies that she doesn't know her real name at the moment but it could be the wording

I find it unbelievable that Dot doesn't know she's called Kirsty. Even if the school didn't ask for a birth certificate (my daughter's school did ask for it so I guess it depends on the school:confused:) they would have needed her records from her previous school, which would be in the name of Kirsty, and there's also stuff like medical records, assuming Dot's registered her at the surgery:confused: It's probably one of those plotholes we're not supposed to think about:rolleyes:
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    So is she Nick's daughter? And did the whole it's not Nick it's the child who wants to kill Grandma s/l die down?

This must have been during my non-EE phase, I didn't realize she wasn't called Dotty in real EE life.
  • bel110bel110 Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    So is she Nick's daughter? And did the whole it's not Nick it's the child who wants to kill Grandma s/l die down?

This must have been during my non-EE phase, I didn't realize she wasn't called Dotty in real EE life.

I guess we don't know for sure that she's Nick's daughter ... we may find out more about this soon!

As for the killing Dot sl, well it has kind of died down, after Nick left there was one quite chilling scene where Dotty gave a bit of an evil contemplative look and then since then we've barely seen her. Some of that is due to Dot's absence I guess, now she's back the SL may pick up again, but we have to assume she's been happily living with Dot and being good as gold and loving to her grandma all these months since Nick left!

Personally I think she's evil!
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Inside Soap says that in the coming week a face from Dotty's past makes a surprise return.

Please say this isn't Nick :sleep:
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no its her mother and dotty also plots
    to have jim taken back to the care home by blagging a day off school tipping water over jims lap and then tells dot he wet himself according to inside soap
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inside Soap says that in the coming week a face from Dotty's past makes a surprise return.

Please say this isn't Nick :sleep:

'Ello MA!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Its a legal requirement for a school to see the original of a birth certificate to prove identity.:sleep:
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    no its her mother and dotty also plots
    to have jim taken back to the care home by blagging a day off school tipping water over jims lap and then tells dot he wet himself according to inside soap

I'm presuming that if it's her mother, this is a plot device to get rid of 'Dotty' although during the Nick/Dotty murder plot storyline, they told Dot that Dotty's mother was dead, which was probably a lie.

I think Nick is her dad, as when they were alone, he said something along the lines that if she didn't call him regularly, he would come back for her and that as he was her dad, the law was on his side.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    shelby67 wrote: »
    Its a legal requirement for a school to see the original of a birth certificate to prove identity.:sleep:

My daughter has been to a nursery school and now school, not once in the application process or whilst she has been at either school, have I been asked to produce a birth certificate or other proof of identity, either by the schools or the local authority.

It must vary depending on the local authority.

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents :)