Options

Lowell Financial....so bloody angry!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,684
Forum Member
✭✭✭
has anyone had any dealings with this company?

I have just had a phone call on my work no from this collection agency for my sister! At first they didn't give any details just repeatedly kept asking for her.

When I said they had the wrong number she got really snotty with me. I asked who she was and was told 'Lowell Financial' I then asked how she had got my number (I haven't given it out to anyone other than when I filled in my application for my mortgage!), explained this was a private business, was my work number and that they were not to call this number again and she hung up on me!

I'm looking for a number to complain but can't seem to find one. These companies have a tendency to keep calling (have experience with an ex and debt agencies!) even though I have stated not to and I don't want anyone else in my work answering the call!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Lowell Group customer site is currently under construction. :o

In the meantime please contact us using the following details, where we will be only too pleased to help.

Lowell Group
    Enterprise House
    1 Apex View
    Leeds
    LS11 9BH

T 0845 300 9410
    F 0845 300 9411
    E enquiries@lowellgroup.co.uk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DaveBax wrote: »
    Lowell Group customer site is currently under construction. :o

In the meantime please contact us using the following details, where we will be only too pleased to help.

Lowell Group
    Enterprise House
    1 Apex View
    Leeds
    LS11 9BH

T 0845 300 9410
    F 0845 300 9411
    E enquiries@lowellgroup.co.uk

Thank you! Managed to find it and gave them a call.

Turns out they are actually looking for me but decided to be sneaky and ask for my sister! WTF?

They are chasing me for an old, and by old I mean when I was 18/19 credit card debt with Capital One, which I refute.

The girl I spoke to said there was a cheque sent for a payment of £20 in 2008....I don't even have a chequebook, neither doesn anyone I know and a payment made in 2006!

It's all utter boll****!

The debt doesn't even show on my credit file!!!

How do I get rid of these jokers?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    how weird...wierd...strange is that? OP makes a post with company name in thread title; six minutes later a reply by someone (claiming to be) from the company.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Epicurean wrote: »
    how weird...wierd...strange is that? OP makes a post with company name in thread title; six minutes later a reply by someone (claiming to be) from the company.

What?

I'm assuming they've copied straight from the website as that's what it says???
  • Options
    chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

it's a copy and paste from the lowell group website!
    not someone from that company posting....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chenks wrote: »
    it's a copy and paste from the lowell group website!
    not someone from that company posting....

Err...yep..just did a search for the OP and posted the results :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Knew that! There's some strange ppl on here :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Back on topic...Citizens Advice?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back on topic...Citizens Advice?

I'm having a look on the moneysavingsexpert forum, so much stuff it's melting my brain!

Think I need to send a letter to them asking for my original credit agreement?
  • Options
    davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    Don't call them again and don't admit the debt to them in writing or on the phone. How old is this debt from if it is yours? If its more than 6 years old it is statute barred and there is naff all they can do.

A CCA request as you've seen on MSE may also help as if they have no agreement, the debt can't be enforced. If you do send one send the fee of £1 by postal order and not cheque and under no circumstances sign the letter. You'll be amazed what these people can do with a signed letter and a copy of photoshop
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davethorp wrote: »
    Don't call them again and don't admit the debt to them in writing or on the phone. How old is this debt from if it is yours? If its more than 6 years old it is statute barred and there is naff all they can do.

A CCA request as you've seen on MSE may also help as if they have no agreement, the debt can't be enforced. If you do send one send the fee of £1 by postal order and not cheque and under no circumstances sign the letter. You'll be amazed what these people can do with a signed letter and a copy of photoshop

I never admitted to anything on the phone. Told the women that last dealings I had were when I was 18/19 which is over 10 years ago!

I'm concerned about the whole cheque thing in 2008 and a payment in 2006 as I know it states that if you've contacted, made payment or admitted the debt is yours in the last 6 years you're liable.

I haven't made any payment, didn't even realise there was an outstanding debt!
  • Options
    davethorpdavethorp Posts: 8,701
    Forum Member
    They are probably just trying it on to be honest, claiming payments have been made when they know full well it is statute barred. They would have to prove you made the payments anyway for it not to be statute barred and I doubt they could do that

If they write to you, send a letter telling them its statute barred, there should be a letter for that on MSE somewhere
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are probably just trying it on to be honest, claiming payments have been made when they know full well it is statute barred. They would have to prove you made the payments anyway for it not to be statute barred and I doubt they could do that

If they write to you, send a letter telling them its statute barred, there should be a letter for that on MSE somewhere

Thanks! I've asked for advise on MSE too, so many letters and my wee brain is pickled!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Sorry, it was the "us" misled me....I do tend to be a bit literal at times. :)
  • Options
    seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes exactly Dave, it's what I thought.

It's statute barred and they have bought the debt either recently or trying in hope to rake in more money by going over old unrecoverable debts.

By claiming they received a payment in the last two years it gives them justification to go fishing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry, it was the "us" misled me....I do tend to be a bit literal at times. :)

As they say, been there, done that :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't the fact they contacted me on my work telephone number against DPA or something? I really can't believe they got it and it isn't searchable through Yell or Phone Book or anything really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Isn't the fact they contacted me on my work telephone number against DPA or something? I really can't believe they got it and it isn't searchable through Yell or Phone Book or anything really.

Clearly they have got your number from somewhere; that may or may not be against the DPA. However, if you don't know how they got it, and they won't tell you, there's nothing you can do about it.