Options

ADELE - Skyfall (James Bond theme) (new single)

Comments

• Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Perfect fit - Lana + Gatsby. As is Adele + Bond.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konebyvax wrote: »
    Perfect fit - Lana + Gatsby. As is Adele + Bond.

It's not Science some things just work for whatever reason and likle Adele or not her doing Bond just makes a whole lotta sense :p
  • Options
    vagbreathvagbreath Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is this supposed to premiere?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vagbreath wrote: »
    When is this supposed to premiere?

Country Date
    USA 2013
    Sweden 12 July 2013
  • Options
    WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So let me get this straight, Adele who (by sales) is the most popular artist in the world at the moment, will be "the most unpopular decision ever not only for a bond film but for any movie".

Also, the biggest selling artist in the world at the moment by a country mile should be replaced by someone who is "more widely accepted".

I really struggle to understand the logic and mindset of certain posters on here at times, I really do......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Exactly GL and why is it a problem as i said a bond theme is another tool to market the film Adele could sell snow the eskimo's and not only that she covers a huge demographiv who enjoy her voice and fits the Aesthetic of a bond theme. Whether you disagree or not its the right chice and a good decision was made unless your suggesting they had gotten Gaga, or Rihanna to help market the film i mean S&M played over the credits very Bond :p

My comments were she was chosen for no other reason then to make rich people even richer. Would have prefered a more universally accepted artist thats not so marmite. So many people are sick of adele now due to the over hype, over played and may more reasons that many just think the world needs a rest from her now.
    Of course it will suit her fans but for those of us who are not fans its just something else we will have to endure having her sing on a major movie.
    But when I watch it it will be on blu ray so the FF button is my friend.;)
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    My comments were she was chosen for no other reason then to make rich people even richer. Would have prefered a more universally accepted artist thats not such marmite. So many people are sick of adele now due to the over hype, over played and may more reasons that many just think the world needs a rest from her now.
    Of course it will suit her fans but for those of us who are not fans its just something else we will have to endure having her sing on a major movie.

But that would apply to whoever sings it, not everyone is going to like the artist, I'm sure that not everyone liked Shirley Bassey, Sheena Easten etc.

By the way, Adele is universally accepted and is the perfect choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My comments were she was chosen for no other reason then to make rich people even richer. Would have prefered a more universally accepted artist thats not so marmite. So many people are sick of adele now due to the over hype, over played and may more reasons that many just think the world needs a rest from her now.

The horror.........the horror....
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

you are actually certifiable aren't you?

This the same Adele notable for her absence from the Jubilee concert, and from the Olympics opening/closing ceremonies. The same one who hasn't released a new song for 18 months or a single for over a year...who hasn't done an interview in 2012 or any magazine shoots...who hasn't appeared on The Voice and won't be appearing on the X factor, who didn't attend her last awards ceremony, who (almost uniquely) hasn't released a deluxe version of her album even though it'd push her sales beyond the record books cos she doesn't operate like that. That Adele?

but of course all other artists who have done Bond themes, Duran Duran, Aha, Sheena Easton, etc were universally loved:D
  • Options
    GlengavelGlengavel Posts: 1,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This the same Adele notable for her absence from the Jubilee concert, and from the Olympics opening/closing ceremonies. The same one who hasn't released a new song for 18 months or a single for over a year...who hasn't done an interview in 2012 or any magazine shoots...who hasn't appeared on The Voice and won't be appearing on the X factor, who didn't attend her last awards ceremony, who (almost uniquely) hasn't released a deluxe version of her album even though it'd push her sales beyond the record books cos she doesn't operate like that. That Adele?

In other words, she's had her ten minutes of fame.

Next!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glengavel wrote: »

Next!

in other words she'll be around when the publicity **** like Jessie J etc have long gone;)

poor powers of interpretation there Glengavel, back of the class with you.
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Glengavel wrote: »

Next!

Your powers of prediction are about as highly developed as your sense of humour....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Claire and H robbed again....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in other words she'll be around when the publicity **** like Jessie J etc have long gone;)

Jessie J isn't a publicity ****, the media are jessie j ****. they write stories about her for the dumbest things.

also, adele was at the grammys this year. that's really the only important awards ceremony anyway. i dont even think she was nominated for a glamour award this year, so it makes sense why she wouldn't go. other than that she's been pregnant and might not want to sing at the jubilee or the olympics a part from her stage fright.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes my pint is that that is a valid point she has been chosen to maximise revenue because she can sell she has a name that everyone knows a huge global fanbase. And also marmite or not whoever is chosen will not be universally accepted people ahve differing tastes and opinions so i don't know who they'd pick that eveyrone liked because as we know haters gonna hate whatever. And secondly apart from this news i haven't heard hide nor hair of her since the anouncement of her pregnancy so if there is still hype and suchlike she can hardly be at fault.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    Jessie J isn't a publicity ****, the media are jessie j ****. they write stories about her for the dumbest things.

also, adele was at the grammys this year. that's really the only important awards ceremony anyway. i dont even think she was nominated for a glamour award this year, so it makes sense why she wouldn't go. other than that she's been pregnant and might not want to sing at the jubilee or the olympics a part from her stage fright.

i meant the Billboard Awards. And Jessie J was on everything it was possible to be on this summer - or did it just feel like it?:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

but of course all other artists who have done Bond themes, Duran Duran, Aha, Sheena Easton, etc were universally loved:D

No one is talking about universally loved, we are talking about an artist who is very marmite (for want of a better word).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well as she is having a baby and wont be seen of or heard of for half a decade at least (I can hear the cheers:D) then we could argue Jessie J and the like will be around when adele is forgotten about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes my pint is that that is a valid point she has been chosen to maximise revenue because she can sell she has a name that everyone knows a huge global fanbase. And also marmite or not whoever is chosen will not be universally accepted people ahve differing tastes and opinions so i don't know who they'd pick that eveyrone liked because as we know haters gonna hate whatever. And secondly apart from this news i haven't heard hide nor hair of her since the anouncement of her pregnancy so if there is still hype and suchlike she can hardly be at fault.

Yes she has gone out of the limelight but people are still scarred by the intense overexposure she had for the best part of a year.
    I dont believe adele has a big fanbase at all, millions of randoms bought her album, dont mean they are part of her fanbase. How many millions bought her 21 album whilst standing in the queue in tescos just to see what the hype was about, and how many of these said WTF after listening to the album.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one is talking about universally loved, we are talking about an artist who is very marmite (for want of a better word).

I diasagree some will love her others hate her and the rest of the world indifferent sme as any other. And anyway your forgetting a Bond theme is to market the film and we are all talking about it even you who very much don't like her so job done and anyway its like 3 minutes at the beginning of a two hour film go out for a toilet break or some popcorn you'll never even know :p

And i don't disagree about her sales many won't go back but even if a farction of her 20m+ of both albums come back thats a pretty solid fanbase.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I diasagree some will love her others hate her and the rest of the world indifferent sme as any other. And anyway your forgetting a Bond theme is to market the film and we are all talking about it even you who very much don't like her so job done and anyway its like 3 minutes at the beginning of a two hour film go out for a toilet break or some popcorn you'll never even know :p

Problem is everyone else will have the same idea, the queue for the ladies will be very long.;)

I dont waste money going to the flicks much now anyway, with a larger screen TV and blu ray no need to anymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Problem is everyone else will have the same idea, the queue for the ladies will be very long.;)

I dont waste money going to the flicks much now anyway, with a larger screen TV and blu ray no need to anymore.

Haha more likely the men it's Adele + Daniel Craig most women will be sitting front row 3D glasses sipping a glass of white whilst working their through a second box of choclate and they call it an action film :p

And agreed the internet is a wonderful thing for films :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well as she is having a baby and wont be seen of or heard of for half a decade at least (I can hear the cheers:D) then we could argue Jessie J and the like will be around when adele is forgotten about.

i dont think people will forget adele, though, that dig that simon cowell made at her on the us x factor was met with many comments agreeing with him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sjp07 wrote: »
    i dont think people will forget adele, though, that dig that simon cowell made at her on the us x factor was met with many comments agreeing with him.

What dig, please?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i meant the Billboard Awards. And Jessie J was on everything it was possible to be on this summer - or did it just feel like it?:)

she just did a lot of summer festivals(she did more of them last year with a broken foot) like most UK acts did. the only difference is she did the olympics as well and the media have been obsessed with her this year even though she hasnt even put out an album. she wasn't at the teen choice awards, the kids choice awards, the much music awards, the billboard awards, or the vmas. i think the media coverage along with her stint on the voice has produced a jessie j overload even without her always being there.