Don't be fooled by James

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
Forum Member
You may start to think James isn't all bad with his councilling Gary , but he knows by the cheers Gary is popular and he (James) is umpopular (Booed.)
I think he is being FAKE nice to Gary first to stay in the game and second hopng for connections with Gary and his Hollywood friends ....Hoping for a dancing career in The Movies

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    1. He was behaving exactly the same with Gary before he heard the crowd noises

2. He hasn't been sucking up to Gary. He was the one who suggested taking a shower. That's a very risky way of trying to make connections.

So, wrong on both counts
  • Seamus SweeneySeamus Sweeney Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ag Nostick wrote: »

2. He hasn't been sucking up to Gary. He was the one who suggested taking a shower. That's a very risky way of trying to make connections.

So, wrong on both counts

He has only been 'acting' decent towards Gary after his early 'advice session' in the diary room.

And I'm ''right' on that count..;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    He has only been 'acting' decent towards Gary after his early 'advice session' in the diary room.

I noticed when they first arrived he was frequently sat next to Gary and filling Gary in on what he couldn't hear. Didn't see any of it after their gay argument though.
    Forum Member

I expect you're always in the right...always in the right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect you're always in the right...always in the right.

lmao...thanks for that :D

..p.s. we are in full agreement elsewhere about others..so I guess we're both "Always in the Right..Always in the Right.."

Will have Frightmares about Helen now..:o
  • yikeswhatnowyikeswhatnow Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James is odeous with very, very few redeeming qualities.
    He was really horrible to his first strictly dance partner. I can't remember her name... She was from Casulty. He tried to tone it down after that but always had nasty undercurrents.

James has now taken to passing off being rude, nasty, bitchy, bigoted, patronising as being "on the wind up". This is how he justified his mean and sneaky attack on Audly when he accused Audely of cooking to gain favour in the house.
    "I was on the wind-up" oh so that's ok then. Loveable rogue James.... NOT. >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was really horrible to his first strictly dance partner. I can't remember her name... She was from Casulty. He tried to tone it down after that but always had mast undercurrents.

James has now taken to passing of being rude, nasty, bigoted, patronising as being "on the wind up". This is how he justified his mean attack on Audly when he accused Audely of cooking to gain favour in the house.
    "I was on the wind-up" oh so that's ok then. Barrel of laughs James. >:(

I never watched Strictly..not really a fan of such programmes - just BB when it comes to reality - though I did watch the first two I'm a Celebrity series on ITV..before getting bored with the formula.

So thank you. Interesting piece of background, though despite his awful character - I have to concede that in terms of 'entertainment'/controversy, he makes for a 'good' housemate. Would prefer the deadwood go first.

Obviously David went..which ideally would follow with (in any order), Ricci, Lauren and Claire for now.

..PS : With George thrown out for discrimination towards the elderly/disabled/hard of hearing immediately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was really horrible to his first strictly dance partner. I can't remember her name... She was from Casulty. He tried to tone it down after that but always had nasty undercurrents.

James has now taken to passing off being rude, nasty, bitchy, bigoted, patronising as being "on the wind up". This is how he justified his mean and sneaky attack on Audly when he accused Audely of cooking to gain favour in the house.
    "I was on the wind-up" oh so that's ok then. Loveable rogue James.... NOT. >:(

I've also seen him on The Wright Stuff, absolutely hideous man who just says whatever comes into his brain. He came across as really thick.
    I never watched Strictly..not really a fan of such programmes - just BB when it comes to reality - though I did watch the first two I'm a Celebrity series on ITV..before getting bored with the formula.

So thank you. Interesting piece of background, though despite his awful character - I have to concede that in terms of 'entertainment'/controversy, he makes for a 'good' housemate. Would prefer the deadwood go first.

Obviously David went..which ideally would follow with (in any order), Ricci, Lauren and Claire for now.

..PS : With George thrown out for discrimination towards the elderly/disabled/hard of hearing immediately.

As much as I can't stand James I'd rather have George and Stephanie out, or Ricci who does nothing.
    Forum Member
    He was really horrible to his first strictly dance partner. I can't remember her name... >:
    Funny that. Maybe because it didn't happen? I've always seen him standing up for his partners when the judges are unnecessarily harsh.
  • white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I liked was his mystification at the crowd booing, concluding it was because he was friendly with the younger women in the House sometimes!! Oh dear. James is Comedy Gold!!
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    You may start to think James isn't all bad with his councilling Gary , but he knows by the cheers Gary is popular and he (James) is umpopular (Booed.)
    I think he is being FAKE nice to Gary first to stay in the game and second hopng for connections with Gary and his Hollywood friends ....Hoping for a dancing career in The Movies

If Gary and his friends had that much clout in Hollywood he wouldn't be reduced to appearing on RTV shows.
  • yikeswhatnowyikeswhatnow Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny that. Maybe because it didn't happen? I've always seen him standing up for his partners when the judges are unnecessarily harsh.

It did happen.
    Georgina or Georgia Bouzova was her name. He was practically abusive to her. She was not the best of dancers but he was rude and unsupportive to her.
    I don't think I've been harsh at all about James. I remember being surprised that he came back for another strictly after the way he treated Georgina. He did tone it down after that the but undercurrent was there.

Did you watch strictly that year? How do you rate his behaviour ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    What I liked was his mystification at the crowd booing, concluding it was because he was friendly with the younger women in the House sometimes!! Oh dear. James is Comedy Gold!!

Well, when you're the 'Brad Pitt of The Dance World' what other reason could it be?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Tissy wrote: »
    If Gary and his friends had that much clout in Hollywood he wouldn't be reduced to appearing on RTV shows.

Gary's acting days are pretty much over as he is 70+ years old w/ disabilities but don't fool yourself. He still has plenty friends in Hollywood. He is very eccentric etc... but many still love him and treat him with the respect he deserves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but he's the Brad Pitt of dancing, he had a bigger personality than the rest of his SCD comrades, he is a very intelligent guy, and he's very funny.

Couple that with his completely none shifty eyes, his genuine concern for Gary, with absolutely no bitching behind his back, and I think we have ourselves a pretty all round great guy.

All hail James.
  • SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

that wasn't James's final conclusion ..... he was going through a list of things that may have in result being booed. If you go on You Tube you will see a full clip why he seems to come over patronizing & condescending.
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

So, wrong on both counts

I agree.
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well yes, that was comedy gold :D but he did work his way through the mystery of the booing to conclude that it was his condescending and over-bearing manner (the reasons for which he explained pretty well) and his 'angry face' that was not going down well with the crowds. So he's not in the least delusional about himself ('Brad Pitt of the Dancing World' aside ;-))

I like James, condescending warts and all. I find him interesting and funny to watch and the house would be a far duller place without him. And I like his relationship with Gary.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bela wrote: »
    Well yes, that was comedy gold :D but he did work his way through the mystery of the booing to conclude that it was his condescending and over-bearing manner (the reasons for which he explained pretty well) and his 'angry face' that was not going down well with the crowds. So he's not in the least delusional about himself ('Brad Pitt of the Dancing World' aside ;-))

I like James, condescending warts and all. I find him interesting and funny to watch and the house would be a far duller place without him. And I like his relationship with Gary.

don't forget his face that his parents constructed :D
  • yorkie11yorkie11 Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James reminds me of David Brent. I find it a bit cringeworthy when he launches into his speeches.
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    don't forget his face that his parents constructed :D

:D He does have a scary face construction. His parents should have given more thought to the eye-positioning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Jenbonjovi wrote: »
    I've also seen him on The Wright Stuff, absolutely hideous man
    I also dislike him from TWS where he takes every opportunity to mention he's married to Ola. She must be sat at home cringing. He is batting well above his average.

Looking at the pics of him on their website, he really LOVES himself.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also dislike him from TWS where he takes every opportunity to mention he's married to Ola. She must be sat at home cringing. He is batting well above his average..

though let's clear this up once and for all, most definitely and categorically, for the right team :cool:
  • WarpWarp Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing has changed in his actions towards Gary, so I'm not fooled by anything if anything you're fooled into thinking James is the devil because he takes the time to speak and explain to gary things in a manner you don't deem suitable but Gary obviously does.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

seconded.