75 year old Blind No campaigner punched in the face...

Comments

• Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Hmm so there were no unionists with hair there, not stereotyping now are we.

I have to apologise. On further inspection there were Unionists there with hair, too!

Photographic evidence of Unionist Nazi salutes:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxxJgSECUAArbU-.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxwsH1nIgAAKmeJ.jpg

Youtube footage of Unionist Nazi salutes in Glasgow:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE32ZW2sA7U
  • JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    I have to apologise. On further inspection there were Unionists there with hair, too!

Ah, there's all those Rangers fans that kicked the whatsit out of Manchester. Nice to see them again.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member

Or is it Rangers fans doing the red hand of Ulster?

Either way, can't we just put them in a little boat, tow them out to sea & leave them there?
  • BrawladBrawlad Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Has this just happened this morning?

Police at my polling station. I hope its like that all over. I fear some are going to put pressure on people as they enter to vote.

The only police at my polling station were voting
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    Or is it Rangers fans doing the red hand of Ulster?

I come from a deep Protestant background, and i can assure you they don't hold up their hands up pretending to be a Red Hand of Ulster banner. That just doesn't happen. Sadly, they are Nazi salutes. Maybe if they had painted Red hands i could take your point. But i've never known a Prod to pretend his hand was the Red Hand.

Agreed on towing them out to their own wee island. :)
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    I come from a deep Protestant background, and i can assure you they don't hold up their hands up pretending to be a Red Hand of Ulster banner. That just doesn't happen. Sadly, they are Nazi salutes. Maybe if they had painted Red hands i could take your point. But i've never known a Prod to pretend his hand was the Red Hand.

Agreed on towing them out to their own wee island. :)

Island? You're being too kind to them. I was thinking about just dropping anchor & you know...leaving them there :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Island? You're being too kind to them. I was thinking about just dropping anchor & you know...leaving them there :D

That'll also work. ;-)
  • JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member

An interesting human observation experiment though. 'Lord of the Flies live'

If Cowell sees this............
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Just like like the evidence i saw last night of shaven headed Unionists in George Square throwing Nazi salutes.

How is a Nazi salute aggressive?

I wouldn't do it myself or condone others doing it, but it's not hurting anyone.
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray266 wrote: »
    I'm not suprised some sections of the Yes lobby are very sinister lets hope they are very disapointed today.

They call them the Yestapo!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, he was actually assaulted by a member of the public. NOT AN OFFICIAL yes campaigner.

But either way, IT'S NOT ON.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meilie wrote: »
    How is a Nazi salute aggressive?

You have to be joking. That is the maddest thing i've read all day, and that includes the Andy Murray troll tweet.
  • Rose BuddRose Budd Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kathrynha wrote: »
    The kilt: the Scottish traditional clothing invented by a Yorkshire man :)

It's really not, first worn by Irishmen - as was the bagpipes
  • clinchclinch Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No because they would rule us from Leeds and I couldn't bear that.

No they bloody wouldn't. York is our capital. Capital of the north as well, incidentally.
  • AbewestAbewest Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GTR Davo wrote: »
    For the children? sounds like another dumb liberal argument that they always seem to throw about.

It's the favourite argument of the Revd Lovejoy's wife -- and the Simpsons writers don't half love ripping the pish out of it. When all else fails, think of the children.
    Forum Member
    You have to be joking. That is the maddest thing i've read all day, and that includes the Andy Murray troll tweet.

It's just a few idiots holding their arms in the air. Not really the same as punching a blind man in the face and telling him that his view doesn't count as he will soon be dead.
  • AbewestAbewest Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    by Yes voter and when challenged the Yes voter said “we’re doing this for children – you’ll be dead and gone”.’

Some sections of the Yes side are now getting out of control and if it is a No there is no way they will take it quietly.

I seriously think they will riot if they don't get their way.

How can they possibly riot? The Yes supporters are that rarest of things, a true democracy movement in action, as the likes of Elaine C Smith and her ilk keep telling us.
  • KathrynhaKathrynha Posts: 642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rose Budd wrote: »
    It's really not, first worn by Irishmen - as was the bagpipes

The modern kilt was an 18th century invention of a Yorkshireman. The wearing of a large piece of tartan material draped and pleated round you rather like a sari was what the scots wore previous to that. Whether they nicked that idea from the Irish of not I don't know, but the modern kilt is definitely a Yorkshiremans invention!

The bagpipes I believe are also debatable as various cultures have similar instruments.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No you're wrong. The kilt first appeared at the end of the 16th century. The Yorkshire man you are referring to 'supposedly" came up with the more modern version of the kilt in the late 17th or early 18th century.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The modern kilt was an 18th century invention of a Yorkshireman. The wearing of a large piece of tartan material draped and pleated round you rather like a sari was what the scots wore previous to that. Whether they nicked that idea from the Irish of not I don't know, but the modern kilt is definitely a Yorkshiremans invention!

The bagpipes I believe are also debatable as various cultures have similar instruments.

The Yorkshire man supposedly invented the kilt. I haven't seen any articles that state this as fact.
    Forum Member
    No you're wrong. The kilt first appeared at the end of the 16th century. The Yorkshire man you are referring to came up with the more modern version of the kilt in the late 17th or early 18th century.

Who cares, and what has this got to do with a blind man being attacked by yes voters?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's a yes vote and we end up skint, with no pension, house devalued and higher income tax - I might riot :D
  • SuesSues Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JT2060 wrote: »
    I can't slag them off too much; I am from near Hull.

Me too! Although I am forced to live in Leicester now. My hubby loves to annoy me by calling me a 'Humbersider'.

Sorry, off topic.
  • Angels_babyAngels_baby Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No police at my polling station. A group of no campaigners on one side of the way in and a group of yes campaigners on the other side. Spoke to both of them on the way out, would be rude not to have known them all most of my life. They told me the bakers opposite had brought them out rolls and tea this morning.

This I'd imagine is how most polling stations will be today.
  • TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Has this just happened this morning?

Police at my polling station. I hope its like that all over. I fear some are going to put pressure on people as they enter to vote.

Some unionists seem so paranoid! I've walked past several Edinburgh polling stations today and all very good natured. Some animated discussions going on-but what a healthy thing for politics that is!