ImpingerImpinger Posts: 3,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Impinger wrote: »
    Interesting. You were going to be in New Zealand and decide whether or not to come back here depending upon the result of the referendum.
    anndra_w wrote: »
    Thats pish.

Well now, Anndra. It would appear that your lies have just caught up with you:
    If there's a yes or a no vote I'm off to New Zealand regardless but whether I decide to return could depend on whether Scotland joins NZ as a successful independent country or remains tied to sad remains of the UK.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=73465310
  • Options
    geemonkeegeemonkee Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "could" - important word.
    Bit of a desperate attempt to discredit someone in any case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not my role or mission to try to discredit anybody. Some people appear to be perfectly capable of doing that all by themselves. Just that when it jumps out, then it's fair enough for it to be pointed out.

If you want to tell porkies, then you need to have a memory good enough to remember them, because other people will remember what you've said. Alas, tis lacking in Anndra. :D
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You went through all of his posts to find THAT? :confused:

Well done. You can't see it, but i'm standing and giving you a round of applause. You sure showed that guy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand liars. It's great to unearth them. :D
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ex leaders should disappear into the wallpaper.
  • Options
    anndra_wanndra_w Posts: 6,557
    Forum Member
    Well now, Anndra. It would appear that your lies have just caught up with you:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=73465310

Yeah after the vote. That is what I said. You've tried to make out i wasn't here campaigning and voting during the campaign. Anyone knows that I was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only time the fat controller will be disappearing from politics is in the "..and into dust you shall return" context.
  • Options
    HammyHammy Posts: 4,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not my role or mission to try to discredit anybody. Some people appear to be perfectly capable of doing that all by themselves. Just that when it jumps out, then it's fair enough for it to be pointed out.

If you want to tell porkies, then you need to have a memory good enough to remember them, because other people will remember what you've said. Alas, tis lacking in Anndra. :D

He hasn't told any porkies.

You questioned him about being here at the time of the trouble in George Square, because you didn't agree with his take on it. Wasn't he supposed to be in New Zealand you asked.

He said not at that time.

You then posted, "Interesting. You were going to be in New Zealand and decide whether or not to come back here depending upon the result of the referendum. "

He then replied "that's pish"

Well his reply isn't lying and you post is pish, if he is still on the issue, of whether he was in Scotland (which you were questioning) at the time of the trouble in George Square, the bolded part of your post is implying he was in New Zealand at the time he's just said he wasn't, so it's no wonder he replied the way he did.

As for the part of trying to catch him out with the whether he was coming back or not dependent on the result, he expanded on the post that you've highlighted in his very next post on that thread, which also confirm what he had been saying about not being in New Zealand at that time.

Do you remember his next post, when black sheep replied to his post and said he wasn't even staying here and was emigrating.

"I'll be here for a bit one way or the other after the 18th. How long I stay out there for depends on a number of factors including indy. I'm not going for good though, I love Scotland too much to do that. I only can keep away for so long."

• Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only time the fat controller will be disappearing from politics is in the "..and into dust you shall return" context.
    I prefer Great Chieftain of the Puddin' Race
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he's certainly in the running to win who ate all the puddings.
  • Options
    ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barky99 wrote: »
    was a lot more than 30, know some of police on duty that night - people got stabbed for wearing yes badges, having a Scottish flag etc

Nobody got stabbed, that was a FB rumour that the police quashed very quickly.
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Well he's certainly in the running to win who ate all the puddings.

That's what we like to see...

Ignore the policies, statements and his record in government and concentrate on his eating habits. It's easier that way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what we like to see...

Ignore the policies, statements and his record in government and concentrate on his eating habits. It's easier that way.

Well he is a tad portly.

But back to the man himself. Here we have somebody who basically walked out of Westminster now wanting to go back to that very place. It's not a display of integrity in my opinion.
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,956
    Forum Member
    Well he is a tad portly.

But back to the man himself. Here we have somebody who basically walked out of Westminster now wanting to go back to that very place. It's not a display of integrity in my opinion.

You say that as if Westminster and our politicians there are big on integrity. As Clegg and the Lib-Dems have proven over the last few years, it a can be pretty valueless quality in the game of modern realpolitik; that's a game Salmond often does very well at.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,592
    Forum Member
    Well he is a tad portly.

Integrity? What are you blethering about? Anyway you can say whatever you want but Alex Salmond is going to be back at Westminster in May and I do hope it puts a lot of noses out of joint.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    taurus_67 wrote: »
    You say that as if Westminster and our politicians there are big on integrity. As Clegg and the Lib-Dems have proven over the last few years, it a can be pretty valueless quality in the game of modern realpolitik; that's a game Salmond often does very well at.

But he likes to portray himself, and indeed the SNP, as not being like those other parties. When actually, he, and the SNP, are exactly the same as them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But he likes to portray himself, and indeed the SNP, as not being like those other parties. When actually, he, and the SNP, are exactly the same as them.

Well of course he is. To a certain extent he has to be. He is placed in the same democratic system with the same rules as the rest; as are UKIP and the The Greens. The differences between any of them will only be in actual policies and dogma rather than how they go about operating in the system to achieve them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was at a party last and there were two nurses who I tried to convince to vote yes the whole way through the campaign. They voted no. Last night they said they were voting SNP and I was so frustrated. I asked why are you voting for the SNP now when you voted no and they said because they were wrong to vote no. One of my uncles voted no as well and felt so guilty afterwards. Another friend said she regrets it as well. There seems to be a confidence that there will be another referendum and hopefully there is but certainly there are no voters who have realised quickly that they made a mistake. Even for people who were concerned and voted no seeing Scotland no gain it's independence was not a pleasant experience. There was no joy or celebration that day. The streets were quiet and there was a sadness that I never want to feel again. It's the worst I've ever felt since the morning my grandfather died. There was a sense of grief.

What a load of self pitying tosh.

Firstly, many of us who voted NO have no regrets. I don't know one fellow NO voter who wishes they'd voted otherwise, even if you seem to have some YE(s)-dar that finds regretful NO's.

Quiet streets?. I don't think so, the following day was a normal working day for most Scots. Or school. Or college. I spent the day after the vote in Ayr and Glasgow and they were as busy as usual. As loud and bustling as usual.

Fine, you felt sad. That's fine. But don't give us this guff about the nation being in a state of grief.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Integrity? What are you blethering about?

I'm "blethering" about Alex Salmond leaving Westminster. He left it because he had no faith in it. Now he wants to go back to it. To my mind, if you leave somewhere because you have no faith in it, then you don't go back there if you have the courage of you convictions, or in other words, any integrity. Yet wee eck has left Westminster, but now wants to go back.

BanglaRoad wrote: »
    Anyway you can say whatever you want but Alex Salmond is going to be back at Westminster in May and I do hope it puts a lot of noses out of joint.

Perhaps not. He's standing for election in a ward that voted no to independence. So perhaps that same ward might give him the same message again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The majority voted no but there was no celebrations or street parties to mark the fact. There was no joy. When I spoke to some people there was a sense of relief certainly but not joy. It was harder for me personally because I believe in independence so strongly but I don't believe that there was much sense of happiness. My mum voted yes in the end but she's not a fanatic like me about it the issue. She phoned me in tears because the orange lodge were marching through Glasgow by here office with a huge union flag and that alongside all the trouble on George Square Loyalist riots meant there was feeling of things being unsettled. It was not a happy time.

We No's didn't feel the need to shriek ad nauseum as the YES'ers had for weeks beforehand. Maybe in fact, the OTT behaviour of the other side meant people deliberately quietly voted, quietly celebrated and quietly then moved on. Without the self indulgent hoopla most people had tired of long before the 18th. We wanted to vote NO, get it over with and get on with our lives, as part of the UK. There were never going to be street parties.

Ahem.

Sorry if your mother is frightened by the flag of Britain. And what happened in George Square happened in a few hours, and was long done by the following morning.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the thing that frustrates me, there idiots I've spoke to who voted no and genuinely believe we're going to get devo-max. Hugely frustrating.

Nice to see you hold your opponents in such respect. That's the type of language that ensured people voted NO and why people fought to hold the Union together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm "blethering" about Alex Salmond leaving Westminster. He left it because he had no faith in it. Now he wants to go back to it. To my mind, if you leave somewhere because you have no faith in it, then you don't go back there if you have the courage of you convictions, or in other words, any integrity. Yet wee eck has left Westminster, but now wants to go back.

Perhaps not. He's standing for election in a ward that voted no to independence. So perhaps that same ward might give him the same message again.

It's quite unlikely. If you let your personal bitterness with Alex Salmond pass for a minute: just who else do you realistically think the good people of Gordon will vote for? The seat has been a Lib-Dem stronghold for years, but that's thanks to Malcolm Bruce and he's retiring. The state they are in now, it's hard to imagine they might risk a high profile name against Salmond.
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like how none of the others are pointing out that this is the SNP's to lose since the Libdems support is set to collapse in Scotland.