Let's just rename this the TERRY forum. I'm out

13»

Comments

• Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't put his threads on ignore, so you can't block him.

He spams and dominates the board by bumping his own threads.

His posts may never be overtly unpleasant, but the faux disingenuity which he adopts is designed to do nothing less than take the piss out of fellow forum members too many of whom take him at face value. And his posting becomes increasingly salacious.

He's a troll.

This.
    Monaogg wrote: »
    I suspect folks would mind far less if the threads started were fewer and he made more of an effort to fit what he wants to say into an existing thread.

Also this...he could easily add 90% of the statements he makes in his threads in other existing threads. If he did, there'd be no problems.
  • StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree they are a bit irritating but I always assume he's a bit lonely which is why he starts so many so I feel sorry for him :(

I don't read them either mind :D
  • allaboardallaboard Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terry is some sort of weird parody (not sure if that's the right word I'm looking for, but it does for now!). People should not take him seriously. I rarely open his threads and skip past his posts, thus he does not bother me.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...but the faux disingenuity which he adopts is designed to do nothing less than take the piss out of fellow forum members too many of whom take him at face value. And his posting becomes increasingly salacious.
    And that, in a nutshell, is the issue. But there's nothing the mods can do about it because it's not obviously outside the T&Cs. Whereas this thread is.
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have him on ignore, but I do ignore his threads and any thread where I see he is the most recent poster.

Trouble is, this leaves fewer and fewer threads to actually read or respond to.

He's smothering this forum.:(
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly can't decide if he is genuinely like that or playing some long term troll game for his own amusement. I hope it's the latter tbh (although why anyone would ever bother putting so much of their time into something like that is frankly bizarre).

I generally assume his threads and posts are going to be idiotic or nonsense and so ignore them.
  • Fuchsia GroanFuchsia Groan Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    I don't have him on ignore, but I do ignore his threads and any thread where I see he is the most recent poster.

Trouble is, this leaves fewer and fewer threads to actually read or respond to.

He's smothering this forum.:(

And interesting threads which are more worthy of longevity are pushed off the front page by his bumping. Why the hell that issue at least is not addressed by the moderators escapes me.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,750
    Administrator
    This thread has been closed. Once again, starting threads is not against our community guidelines and it really is quite simple to look over any thread you don't wish to enter.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,750
    Administrator
    And interesting threads which are more worthy of longevity are pushed off the front page by his bumping. Why the hell that issue at least is not addressed by the moderators escapes me.

To address this particular post, any thread 'worthy of longevity' would be on the front page because others would be replying to it.
This discussion has been closed.