• Strictly_fanStrictly_fan Posts: 16,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish Pixie would come back. That's all I wish for :(
  • Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    The threads about others' postings are more inappropriate than the debate about Pixie IMO. At least the former is mainly on topic.

Fair enough :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish Pixie would come back. That's all I wish for :(

She won't be back my love. But you can still watch her dancing on the BBC strictly forum I'm sure. She may be in the Strictly tour? Don't be upset babe xxx
  • Serenity.Serenity. Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Personally, I'm now finding all the posts complaining about people's outrage even more irritating than the posts containing the outrage.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,750
    Administrator
    Is it a Christmas wish?
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Serenity. wrote: »
    Personally, I'm now finding all the posts complaining about people's outrage even more irritating than the posts containing the outrage.

Are we still allowed to be astounded?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it a Christmas wish?

Intriguing :)
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Is it a Christmas wish?

IF we say yes will you add a puff of smoke ( purple preferably) and a sprinkle of fairy dust please? :)
  • Serenity.Serenity. Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    Are we still allowed to be astounded?

Ooh go on then - makes a change from outrage! :D
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All this outrage is a genuine travesty ;)
  • Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    Is it a Christmas wish?

Indeed it is, wrapped in a big red ribbon and I'm standing under the mistletoe with it :blush:
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im not happy either I thought Pixie was a winner
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nancy1975 wrote: »
    [/B]

At first glance last Saturday's result could be taken as reminiscent of that DO, Latin by one of the favourites to win (well, according to some) pitted against a ballroom by somebody on their third DO, in the quarter final, and Latino out on their first count. But it's not quite the same. I don't think us rabid Austin and Erin fans argued the toss very much at the time as to whether his salsa was better than Lisa's waltz. That was another issue and we accepted he didn't have a good night by his standards. What caused massive lingering grumpiness was that they couldn't be saved at all from 4th position in a leaderboard of four. I think it was worked out that the judges scores and public vote would have had to have been reversed exactly for Austin to stand a chance, and with Tom in there it was never going to happen. It was sort of the same situation with Gethin the previous year, and the same fury was felt by his fans that he was always going to be condemned. I do think the DO should not be in play at all when there are so few couples left anyway, and they should all have a fighting chance of making it through if they really and truly are more popular than somebody else who stays in.

But that aside, given the above, I don't see any PIXIEWUZROBBED tags sprouting in the same way as Austin's has had for years because as said above, it wasn't a surprise that she was so good, she was rather vacuous on interviews to say the least, and any memorable moments she had was usually down to Trent's choreography. She also had a chance to be saved from where she was if people truly wanted her to be. They didn't vote in any big numbers, she had a carp dance that didn't grab the floating voters who are important now...and that's it.

I think my main grumpiness came from the fact that It was a 2 dance week and they did their top scoring dance in the dance off and Brendan all but admitted they had concentrated on the ballroom for just such an eventuality. From the minute you knew a 36 scoring salsa was up against a 39 scoring waltz you knew it was curtains.

Doing the lowest scoring dances of a 34 AS for Austin and a 33 jive for Lisa might still have given the same result but seemed less of a forgone conclusion.
  • coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And that AS would have scored 40 today,
    #neverforgetaustinwuzrobbed
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Is it a Christmas wish?

oooo exciting you must be Lord Sauron, he who forged The One Thread...pleased to meet you Dark Lord.....
  • Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have 2 questions...
    1-Do you know why 8 threads have been closed / moved ?
    2- Will we have to endure more conspiracy threads etc each time the dancers leave?
    I don't think I can cope with too many more, if this happens each week nearing the final:(
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jennifer_F wrote: »
    Have 2 questions...
    1-Do you know why 8 threads have been closed / moved ?
    2- Will we have to endure more conspiracy threads etc each time the dancers leave?
    I don't think I can cope with too many more, if this happens each week nearing the final:(

1. Too many different threads talking about the same thing.
    2. Will depend who gets booted off next. :D
  • nancy1975nancy1975 Posts: 19,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    I think my main grumpiness came from the fact that It was a 2 dance week and they did their top scoring dance in the dance off and Brendan all but admitted they had concentrated on the ballroom for just such an eventuality. From the minute you knew a 36 scoring salsa was up against a 39 scoring waltz you knew it was curtains.

Doing the lowest scoring dances of a 34 AS for Austin and a 33 jive for Lisa might still have given the same result but seemed less of a forgone conclusion.

All my past pain is resurfacing...:o:(

;-):D:p

I think I was more cheesed at the time that he didn't get to do an AT than make the final.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not outraged and astounded but I AM traumatised.

I've just watched the Bacofoil routine for the first time.
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D

Do you want the eye & brain bleach?
  • Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have heard about it, but what / who is it ?
    Do I need a stiff drink beforehand?
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Once watched never forgotten.
    It's Lisa Snowden & Brendan's showdance
  • Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member

I know a good therapist :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once watched never forgotten.
    It's Lisa Snowden & Brendan's showdance

I couldn't resist a look so Youtubed this dance and :o

I love Brendan but even I couldn't defend that :o At one point it looked like it needed to be XX rated for starters :o

Any spare brain bleach and I'll take it. I can't look at Brendan the same at the moment :o
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You might need several after

LIsa and Brendan's showdance.

Enjoy ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3DAOLqqJLDM