Showbiz wigs: Wogan, Forsythe, Blackburn......

2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What is it with these old guys and their hair pieces? :confused:
Do they really think we're convinced? At least Paul Daniels and Larry Hagman saw the light and ditched them.

I was watching Tony Blackburn on GMTV this morning and his wig is appalling and I thought Terry Wogan's was bad. :eek: Bruce Forsythe's is slightly more convincing but only just.

Any other showbiz wigs I've missed out? I saw a topic about Graham Norton but I don't think his hair is a wig.................is it? :confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a bad surgery forum, and it had pictures of Ben Affleck-close up it looks like he has had some kind of weave. I dont think its a full on wig though.

My cousins wifes father (tongue twister) had a terrible wig on at their wedding. Me and my brother were snorting like pigs laughing throughout the whole ceremony. Oh the humour that a shit wig can bring to an event!
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching an interview with Donald Trump on Larry King Live yesterday and, although I could listen to him all day as his knowledge about real estate and generic business matters, my eyes are always drawn towards his hair.

Every time he appears on TV or in the press, etc., it looks as if every last strand is in the same place. Is this a wig?
  • LarocLaroc Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read somewhere that Terry Wogan has three wigs, one with a just cut look, second a growing in a bit do and the third a needing a haircut.
  • lulululu Posts: 4,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laroc wrote:
    I read somewhere that Terry Wogan has three wigs, one with a just cut look, second a growing in a bit do and the third a needing a haircut.

Wonder if he jots down in his diary when it needs changing :D
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laroc wrote:

I can quite believe that as every so often it looks shorter.

We all know it's a wig Terry, give it up! :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    But Wogan wouldn't be Wogan without his syrup - it would be like taking the stutter away from Arkwright!
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why but Ive always thought it would be really funny if someone such as Wogan had their wig blown off by a sudden gust of wind live on TV!! Or a guest could pull it off! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donald Trumps is just a bad combover.
    Brucie is open about wearing a wig.
    Who says Terry and Tony Blackburn have wigs?
  • lulululu Posts: 4,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    count_olaf wrote:
    Brucie is open about wearing a wig.
    Who says Terry and Tony Blackburn have wigs?

You're joking.....right? :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    For someone who is reasonably intelligent (I hope) and is pretty aware of the celebrity world I am ashamed to say that all these people's wig-wearing habits (bar Brucey until about a year ago) is news to me....I am ashamed of myself and I profusely apologise in advance..... :o:o:o
  • M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    Barbara Windsor uses wigs all the time
    though not because of major hairloss, mainly ease of use
    wake up wig on = glam
    going out at night, new look = change the syrup!

she posts them through her various wig dressers letterboxes at night ready for collection in the morning, I just hope the dog never thinks its a rat and gets hold of it as it drops through! :D
  • bom-jiggybom-jiggy Posts: 15,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can quite believe that as every so often it looks shorter.

We all know it's a wig Terry, give it up! :rolleyes:

I didn't know :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bom-jiggy wrote:
    I didn't know :o

Blimey, where have you been hiding? ;)

I forgot to mention GMTV's John Stapleton. It didn't dawn on me until about 8 or 9 months ago but the top is definitely (allegedly ;) ) a wig. Have a close look next time he's on.
  • macsgirlmacsgirl Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I forgot to mention GMTV's John Stapleton. It didn't dawn on me until about 8 or 9 months ago but the top is definitely (allegedly ;) ) a wig. Have a close look next time he's on.

Dunno about an Irish, but it's deffo a dye job.
    No one his age has pure black hair like his! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    macsgirl wrote:

If you look at the front just above his forehead you can tell something's not quite right. ;)
  • flufferfluffer Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    macsgirl wrote:
    The lighting crew at GM:TV asked him to stop using such jet black dye as it was absorbing the light. He makes my skin crawl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didnt Richard Whitely wear a hairpiece as well and theres something unnatural about Jimmy Tarbucks hair.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaccob wrote:
    Didnt Richard Whitely wear a hairpiece as well and theres something unnatural about Jimmy Tarbucks hair.

Yes i do believe he did, and was the topic of much banter between him and Carol. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    count_olaf wrote:
    Letterman used to have a nightly feature and competition on Trump's unusual combovers, where contestants often ended up mistaking monkeys' hair for Trump's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaccob wrote:
    Richard Whitely doesn't surprise me but I always thought Jimmy Tarbuck was slighly balding although I am going back to the days of Winner Takes All. :o
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any pictures of Wogan, Brucie etc without their rugs on?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    I've heard Joan Collins always wears wigs.
  • macsgirlmacsgirl Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AureliaC wrote:
    I've heard Joan Collins always wears wigs.

Yep - it's true! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    He's not that famous - but my own personal favourite rug is the one belonging to Michel Thomas language teacher to the stars. I think he is based in LA, and was once on the Big Breakfast teaching carpet monster to speak Spanish in an hour.
    He was quite a short tempered fellow with those who didn't have the gift for a foreign tongue. I always like to think of his wig spinning like a top when he got frustrated and enraged with his dim witted students.

I will try and find a lovely pic of him and rug (spinning hopefully).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its NOT a wig for gods sake.