Caroline wins

1235»

Comments

• Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robbleona wrote: »
    Probably because you hadn't guessed, (though there were clues when she opened the very first show) that she also had 2 years of dance training and had 'tried out' for cats, les miserables and various other shows.Which makes her MORE trained up than pixie. Your in good company. Most of the GBP didn't know till sunday.....

Hahahaaa! This is the very first time I have ever heard of 'trying out' for shows being classed as dance experience. That is hilarious!

Let me explain this to you. I'll keep it simple. When you 'try out' it means you go to an audition - with hundreds of others - and sing a bit/dance a bit. It all happens in one day or over two days if there are lots and lots of other people.

And then, like Caroline, you do not get picked for any of them because you are not good enoug/do not fit the part/ cannot sing/cannot dance/whatever, and you go home. That is it. And that is what happened to Caroline, because she went on to do something quite different - TV.

*sighs*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    I'd have thought that finding anyone without any dance background at all would be a challenge in itself. Sending children to dance classes seemed to be the thing to do when I was young - if only so parents could get some peace.
    And no matter how badly anyone dances in a club it is still dancing. Whether people try to do a Madonna or Kylie they are taking the randomness out of wiggling about. Even simple dances like the Gay Gordons, the Time Warp and the Macarena ae dances.
    Caroline's limited dancing background is no more likely to give her a head start than doing woodwork at school makes a boy a trained joiner. If anything it just showed that she at least had an interest in dancing. I'd sooner see interested dancers than people who couldn't put any less effort into the show. The widdys and Sergeants are old hat and very boring now. When Christopher Parker crashed about in the first series he seemed to be paving the way for clown acts. I know that it is an entertainment rather than a dance show but deliberately being that bad can have limited appeal. It is the Carolines of the world who make it worth watching.
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »
    Hahahaaa! This is the very first time I have ever heard of 'trying out' for shows being classed as dance experience. That is hilarious!

Let me explain this to you. I'll keep it simple. When you 'try out' it means you go to an audition - with hundreds of others - and sing a bit/dance a bit. It all happens in one day or over two days if there are lots and lots of other people.

And then, like Caroline, you do not get picked for any of them because you are not good enoug/do not fit the part/ cannot sing/cannot dance/whatever, and you go home. That is it. And that is what happened to Caroline, because she went on to do something quite different - TV.
    *sighs*
    Nothing will convince people that she didn't fill in for Aliona last year. Because the headline said 'trained dancer' then that's what gets trotted out. The fact that she hasn't been hired as a dancer .. ever .. in the fifteen years since matters not apparently. They wouldn't give a fig though if she was a fave of theirs, the only reason they care is because she won and their fave didn't.
    We keep hearing that Caroline hid it from us .. she didn't. She didn't talk about it but then neither did Pixie or Frankie .. but neither did any of them pretend to be novices either.
    It's celeb Strictly Come Dancing .. and a lot of celebs will have been to theatre school of some kind and will have an interest in dance. Like Ian .. these are the ones I'd much rather see than the comedy acts etc.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    daziechain wrote: »
    Nothing will convince people that she didn't fill in for Aliona last year. Because the headline said 'trained dancer' then that's what gets trotted out. The fact that she hasn't been hired as a dancer .. ever .. in the fifteen years since matters not apparently. They wouldn't give a fig though if she was a fave of theirs, the only reason they care is because she won and their fave didn't.
    We keep hearing that Caroline hid it from us .. she didn't. She didn't talk about it but then neither did Pixie or Frankie .. but neither did any of them pretend to be novices either.
    It's celeb Strictly Come Dancing .. and a lot of celebs will have been to theatre school of some kind and will have an interest in dance. Like Ian .. these are the ones I'd much rather see than the comedy acts etc.

Spot on, this endless bitching from the same sad trolls is getting beyond a joke now.

It was clear from when she performed the Cha cha cha again just how much better she was than in week 1, that was down to weeks of training with Pasha and nothing to do with some performing arts course 15 years ago!
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the celebs past and present would have had an advantage of some description, whether it be stage school, doing some sort of dance as a child, or a sportsman having strength and stamina. These days this would be very difficult to avoid. However there is an distinct difference in having an advantage and an unfair advantage. An unfair advantage in my book is someone that had trained in ballroom and latin specifically, and to my knowledge, none of the celebs had,
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Ha ha ha ha ha. Caroline supporters still denying that 3 years dance training benefitted her, only on DS would this happen;-)
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Spot on, this endless bitching from the same sad trolls is getting beyond a joke now.

It was clear from when she performed the Cha cha cha again just how much better she was than in week 1, that was down to weeks of training with Pasha and nothing to do with some performing arts course 15 years ago!

i thought it was against the terms and conditions to be insulting to FMs?
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hear you loud and clear. ;-)

I just cannot understand why it matters now anyway. :confused:
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha ha ha ha. Caroline supporters still denying that 3 years dance training benefitted her, only on DS would this happen;-)

Why does it matter that others don't share your views? :confused:

What exactly is the problem? :confused:

I just don't 'get' it at all. :blush:
  • Options
    robbleonarobbleona Posts: 6,261
    Forum Member
    sofakat wrote: »

*sighs*
    And got MORE training by kristina for that other TV show she did, yeah...

But I digress.Even if she wasn't 'good enough', my guess is that if pixie, frankie or indeed that other, ahem, 'virgin of dance' simon had been reported as 'trying out' for cats', having previously been at dance school for three years AND in a dance troup like caroline was, people like you would have been the first to squeal 'unfair'!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why does it matter that others don't share your views? :confused:

What exactly is the problem? :confused:

I just don't 'get' it at all. :blush:

Maybe its because pixie and frankie were slaughtered (even by that halfwit olly murs) for having previous training... :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member

no! I won't have that!! I saw a few people on facebook in denial too!! ;-)
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't know if this post refers to my comments or not, but speaking for myself - certainly not a Caroline supporter - I don't think anyone has denied that any dance training is better than no training at all.
    However, as I said earlier, it is almost impossible these days to find celebs certainly those than appear on screen and stage, that have not done any dance at all. As long as they have not been trained in ballroom and latin - the technique differs vastly to other dance styles -there is no unfair advantage.
    I can assure those that do not know, that had Caroline studied Ballroom and Latin for 3 years, she would have been a hell of a lot better than she was. The standard of her ballroom in particular, is consistent with a beginner.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robbleona wrote: »
    And got MORE training by kristina for that other TV show she did, yeah...

But I digress.Even if she wasn't 'good enough', my guess is that if pixie, frankie or indeed that other, ahem, 'virgin of dance' simon had been reported as 'trying out' for cats', having previously been at dance school for three years AND in a dance troup like caroline was, people like you would have been the first to squeal 'unfair'!!

Hmm, yes all that training certainly taught her how to watch the floor to see where her wheelchair partner was going. Never did get that really sorted by the final.