Options

Vodafone Insurance...HELP!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,684
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone any idea if the 'Cover Me' Insurance from Vodafone will cover for an eejit (i.e. me :( ) dropping their phone down the toilet?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone any idea if the 'Cover Me' Insurance from Vodafone will cover for an eejit (i.e. me :( ) dropping their phone down the toilet?

DON'T tell them you dropped it or damaged it. Tell them you lost it - in my experience that's the only way you'll get a new phone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsBambi wrote: »
    DON'T tell them you dropped it or damaged it. Tell them you lost it - in my experience that's the only way you'll get a new phone.

Hmm someone else had mentioned this but I wasn't sure that they paid out for 'lost' phones.

Shall enquire...thanks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm someone else had mentioned this but I wasn't sure that they paid out for 'lost' phones.

Shall enquire...thanks!

I actually did lose my (Vodafone) phone once, and they gave me a new one. However, I spoke to a cabbie, and he said that he phoned up when he dropped his phone (sorry, not sure which company), and they said he wasn't covered. Good luck!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Hi lisalovesmuse,

myromeo is right, dropping your phone down the loo is covered by our insurance! :) Don't worry, it happens to the best of us, I've done it with three of my previous phones!

Have you managed to get your replacement sorted yet?

If not, let me know and we will look into it for you.

Thanks,

Espi
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To them who have dropped their phone down the loo..... what were you doing to be able to drop it into the loo? I have never understood how this can happen.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elke21 wrote: »
    To them who have dropped their phone down the loo..... what were you doing to be able to drop it into the loo? I have never understood how this can happen.

Maybe it fell out of a pocket?

I have a pair of jeans that have quite small pockets, they are ok for general wearing but things do fall out occasionally, especially when pulling them up/down. So I always take my phone out (if it is in the pocket) before I go to the loo as I keep thinking it would just be my luck for it to fall out and somehow manage to go down the loo.