Options

How abysmal is EastEnders thesedays?

Rapunzel2010Rapunzel2010 Posts: 136
Forum Member
The show has never been this bad. Even in 2004 it was better.

Bryan Kirkwood has ruined my favourite TV show.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    I'm still very much a fan! Never miss an episode and enjoy it as much now as I was pre - Brian Kirkwood.

What has changed to make you dislike it so much at the moment?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    With the exception of Alife, I think the show is doing fine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Even with Shane Richie's return, I think if they just used him a bit less all would be fine and dandy. I like the character, just not to the extreme he keeps popping up!
  • Options
    MarieHMarieH Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart form Kat being back, I think its still a great soap.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    ave83it wrote: »
    Even with Shane Richie's return, I think if they just used him a bit less all would be fine and dandy. I like the character, just not to the extreme he keeps popping up!

I agree with you on this.
  • Options
    bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Yet another Eastenders bashing thread!
  • Options
    MarieHMarieH Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not working tho is it ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eastenders is doing just fine
  • Options
    Carol.WCarol.W Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    EastEnders isn't in a good state at all and you know something is wrong then the real fanatics hate on it :o

http://www.walfordwebforums.co.uk/prod/index.php?/topic/937-what-on-earth-is-going-wrong/
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said somewhere else its bad right now and the worst soap by far at the moment, but being a huge Steve Mcfadden fan am enjoying his dealings and him being the man again but thats about it am affraid, Ben coming back looks good though.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could you not have put this is with other half dozen bashing/hate threads about BK and EE its getting ridiculous now.
  • Options
    MadWorld_NESMadWorld_NES Posts: 37,961
    Forum Member
    Account made in Dec 2010... why is it that all these threads are made by different people who have only just joined up? Or... should I say... the same people who keep being banned and making new accounts? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is definitely some trolling going on with theses threads there is too many not to be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarieH wrote: »
    Apart form Kat being back, I think its still a great soap.

No she's one of the only reasons I'm still watching! Along with Janine, Pat, Dot, Ian, Ronnie, Max, Bianca and Masood!

I do love EE but somethings just gone from it for me. I've felt like this since the live ep. I seem to watch it out of habit and find myself being bored which has never happened with EE for me before.

I know people slate 03/04 but I'll happily admitt I actually enjoyed the show back then. Ferraraihs aside I really cared about every character and they kept my attention throughout the ep. I started a thread on this a few weeks back which listed all the decent storylines occuring at the time and I have to say even though we had some awful ones; shirley's cat, the fairground, real walford.. I'd happily watch it ten times over then watch the current episodes.

EDIT: found my list, I don't know about any of you but it looks more interesting then most of this year so I'm not sure why people always refer to that as the poor era in posts..

Phil returning from portugal without Lisa
    Lisa later turning up at Phil/Kate's wedding
    Dennis' introduction
    Dennis revealing Den was alive after killing Dalton
    Den's return
    The Watt's family all being together for Chrissie's later introduction
    Chrissie cutting off Kate's hair after discovering her affair with Den
    Ian/Laura/Garry/Lynne/Baby Bobby
    Kelly Taylor was a good little character too (shame she was only ever seen as "zoe's friend")
    Kat/Alfie getting together and him stopping her and Andy's wedding
    Zoe/Sharon/Dennis
    Dennis Vs Den in the vic leading to Dennis accidently hitting Sharon
    Sonia struggling with her feelings for Martin because he'd killed Jamie
    Janine/Barry/Natalie/Paul
    Janine pushing Barry off the cliff
    Laura/Pat's friendship
    Laura Vs Janine rivalry
    Janine in the aftermath of Barry's death - "If only he'd worn slip on shoes"
    Laura's death and Janine getting the blame, running around the square begging for Pat's help
    Mark's exit
    Pauline's struggle to keep Martin in line after he returned from prison
    Kat's miscarraige
    Lil Mo's rape trial (not the actual second rape - that was abit too much for me)
    Lisa teaming up with Den and Dennis
    Phil being framed for the robbery
    Kat/Alfie's wedding
    Phil's return on Xmas day to get revenge on Den
    Andy marrying Sam for her money and chucking her out when she lost her businesses
    Sam being conned by the solisitor and Den
    Stacey's first appearance
    Jean's first appearance
    Paul's dissapearance
    Jane's first appearance and her struggle between Ian and David
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Account made in Dec 2010... why is it that all these threads are made by different people who have only just joined up? Or... should I say... the same people who keep being banned and making new accounts? :rolleyes:

Joined this year Oct 5000+ posts

dude? lol
  • Options
    Carol.WCarol.W Posts: 172
    Forum Member

What do you mean by this? are new members not allowed to voice an opinion out of fear they'll be branded a troll?

Jeez.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joined this year Oct 5000+ posts

dude? lol

Haha, I know... it's sad :p

I don't see why so many people just come on DS to moan though. EE isn't as bad as all these people are making out.

And Carol - surely you see my point though? There are hundreds of threads made about this by new accounts and more often than not the accounts are deleted/banned later that day :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But is it necessary to start a new thread saying how they think Eastenders is bad, when their is currently 100 others currently doing it?
  • Options
    Ederrin gracieEderrin gracie Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    bazellis wrote: »
    Yet another Eastenders bashing thread!
    lol I know but at the same time its understandable, the show is just rotting before our very eyes..For all santers faults the show never felt like it was trapped in the mid 00s
    I said somewhere else its bad right now and the worst soap by far at the moment, but being a huge Steve Mcfadden fan am enjoying his dealings and him being the man again but thats about it am affraid, Ben coming back looks good though.
    Although not a huge fan but I do appreciate his work.I have been saying in the last 4 years that its time for them to put phil "the ardman" to rest and make him more of a kingpin with footsoldiers.I dont like the way this story was created (bit out of the blue with robbing roxy) but at least this is the phil we know..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol I know but at the same time its understandable, the show is just rotting before our very eyes..For all santers faults the show never felt like it was trapped in the mid 00s Although not a huge fan but I do appreciate his work.I have been saying in the last 4 years that its time for them to put phil "the ardman" to rest and make him more of a kingpin with footsoldiers.I dont like the way this story was created (bit out of the blue with robbing roxy) but at least this is the phil we know..

Yes its the Phil of old we know :D
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lauren__ wrote: »
    No she's one of the only reasons I'm still watching! Along with Janine, Pat, Dot, Ian, Ronnie, Max, Bianca and Masood!

I do love EE but somethings just gone from it for me. I've felt like this since the live ep. I seem to watch it out of habit and find myself being bored which has never happened with EE for me before.

I know people slate 03/04 but I'll happily admitt I actually enjoyed the show back then. Ferraraihs aside I really cared about every character and they kept my attention throughout the ep. I started a thread on this a few weeks back which listed all the decent storylines occuring at the time and I have to say even though we had some awful ones; shirley's cat, the fairground, real walford.. I'd happily watch it ten times over then watch the current episodes.

EDIT: found my list, I don't know about any of you but it looks more interesting then most of this year so I'm not sure why people always refer to that as the poor era in posts.

Posting that list and reminding myself of what was happening at the time really highlights that 2003/2004 was pretty good. Yes, there was the odd stinker of a storyline but there were good characters and stories as well. I loved Sharon and Dennis, and all the Janine stuff. Janine was a much better character back then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More Eastenders and Kat & Alfie bashers :rolleyes: I love them both being back in the show especially Kat, she's one of the few shining stars of the show at the minute making it bareable to watch. <3

I agree its rather dull at the minute but the New Year spoilers look brilliant. I wish people would stop moaning, if you don't like it, don't watch it!
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kat & Alfie are a curse to the show!.. Last time they were around the show was in a bad way too
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,962
    Forum Member
    MCRicken wrote: »
    More Eastenders and Kat & Alfie bashers :rolleyes: I love them both being back in the show especially Kat, she's one of the few shining stars of the show at the minute making it bareable to watch. <3

I agree its rather dull at the minute but the New Year spoilers look brilliant. I wish people would stop moaning, if you don't like it, don't watch it!
    i wish people would stop saying that :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i wish people would stop saying that :rolleyes:

It is true, though :p

Some people seem to complain about everything, yet nobody is forcing them to sit and watch it!

I agree that some of the episodes have been dire lately (last night's one, for example) but I'm also enjoying a lot of the sotrylines. And it is much more watchable now that Kat and Alfie's screentime has been cut down to what the other characters get.