Options

Nigel Worthington back into football management with York City

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Becomes the new manager of York City and seems like a massive coup for the Div 2 club.

Any thoughts from Norwich fans (and others) here?

Comments

• Options
    Chippy ChipsChippy Chips Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a Norwich supporter.

He did a decent job at Norwich. Was a bit out of his depth when the club got promoted to the top flight in 2004, but at the level York are it he'll do just fine I think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a Norwich supporter.

He did a decent job at Norwich. Was a bit out of his depth when the club got promoted to the top flight in 2004, but at the level York are it he'll do just fine I think.

Nice one. Yeah, we just need to be solid in Div 2, and challenge for Div 1 as we move to the new stadium in two seasons time, which is when we'll have some spending power.

We're never going to be a Premiership club, so we're all very hopeful for how he'll do at our level.

All to best to you this season. Work in the US a lot and that Kamara lad you got from Kansas City is pretty useful!
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A risky appointment surely given he hasn't been a club manager for six or seven years and he doesn't have much experience of battling it out in the lower leagues. Plunging him straight into a relegation dogfight is a big gamble given the dire consequences for the club if they go down.
  • Options
    Chippy ChipsChippy Chips Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Work in the US a lot and that Kamara lad you got from Kansas City is pretty useful!

Cult hero already :cool: Love the guy.