The oddly overlooked sentence at the wrap party

was Rebecca to Amy: "I've been trying so hard with you, and you KEEP slapping me in the face!"

How odd that no one is interested in what we missed of Amy repeatedly "slapping Becky in the face".

One can only conclude that the utter lack of curiosity on the subject is that it doesn't look as if the answer would make Amy look wonderful and Becky look awful.

What was edited out, one cannot help wondering?

Comments

• Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was Rebecca to Amy: "I've been trying so hard with you, and you KEEP slapping me in the face!"

How odd that no one is interested in what we missed of Amy repeatedly "slapping Becky in the face".

One can only conclude that the utter lack of curiosity on the subject is that it doesn't look as if the answer would make Amy look wonderful and Becky look awful.

Aren't we only allowed to discuss anything that makes Becca/Lucy/Mo/Annabel look 'bad' and Amy look 'good'? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aren't we only allowed to discuss anything that makes Becca/Lucy/Mo/Annabel look 'bad' and Amy look 'good'? :D

You're probably right. Let's hope there is no death penalty for breaking the rule. :(.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really? Ithought it was the other way round.....;-)
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought she was just talking about what Amy'd said about Rebecca using the concealer on the ITV2 show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she was just talking about what she'd said about using the concealer on the ITV2 show.

There must be more to it than that, surely. "you KEEP slapping me in the face" does not work re. a single incident. And it doesn't include the perception that Rebecca had been trying her best with Amy, since she was not there for that interview.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member

Why would the answer make Becky look good necessarily though :confused: As we have no evidence of it and the only defense is it was edited out, maybe it didn't happen and Rebecca was lying to make her case and sound better :cool: ;-)

By the way there are an awful lot of posters on here that already think Amy is woeful and Rebecca the bee's knees so suggesting this isn't being explored because people only want Amy to look wonderful and Becky awful is surely a joke of some kind.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There must be more to it than that, surely. "you KEEP slapping me in the face" does not work re. a single incident. And it doesn't include the perception that Rebecca had been trying her best with Amy, since she was not there for that interview.

Not really, no. I just saw a very frustrated Rebecca and 'you keeping slapping me in the face' as an emotional response to what she saw as Amy's apparent lack of care/appreciation for the efforts she'd made towards her while in camp, with the concealer issue being the icing on the unappreciated cake.

Not sure there's anything more to it. Or anything worth dwelling on at this late stage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would the answer make Becky look good necessarily though :confused: As we have no evidence of it and the only defense is it was edited out, maybe it didn't happen and Rebecca was lying to make her case and sound better :cool: ;-)
    I don't think it makes sense to talk about it being a 'defence' that something was editing out: obviously almost all the interactions were edtited out, since they had been together for days and we saw them for minutes. It was at the very least rebecca's perception that she had been 'trying' with Amy, and that Amy had repeatedly 'slapped her in the face'.
    By the way there are an awful lot of posters on here that already think Amy is woeful and Rebecca the bee's knees so suggesting this isn't being explored because people only want Amy to look wonderful and Becky awful is surely a joke of some kind.
    Yes, it's pretty 50/50; but it was very noticable that after that programme it was Amy's fans who rushed to start several critical (sometimes properly nasty) threads about Rebecca, and not the other way round. I don't start many threads, relative to the number of posts I make; but belatedly it struck me that there were hundreds and hundreds of posts about the bloody concealer and virtually none about the 'slapped me in the face' sentence.
  • Vicks-LouiseVicks-Louise Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But maybe other things happened that never made the edited cut of the show - Becky knows the situation better than we do
  • imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member

Nothings been overlooked. It's just a common day expression that everyone uses to exaggerate.

Really? Ithought it was the other way round.....;-)

too right. Just don't mention the J-word.
  • peterstonepeterstone Posts: 5,159
    Forum Member
    Bearing in mind the fuss Rebecca made when Amy made the heinous crime of sitting inbetween her and Matthew I doubt Rebecca tried that hard somehow
  • Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Not really, no. I just saw a very frustrated Rebecca and 'you keeping slapping me in the face' as an emotional response to what she saw as Amy's apparent lack of care/appreciation for the efforts she'd made towards her while in camp, with the concealer issue being the icing on the unappreciated cake.

This is how I took her comment too, but Rebecca should now be aware that Amy cares about no- one but Amy.

Her CM's came in handy when she needed someone to pass the buck to that's all. The rest of the time she was in her own little bubble world of Amy.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What we haven't seen we haven't seen.

However there are two incidents that can be seen as 'slapping Rebecca in the face'.

First is the concealer.

The second is the blue bikini that Rebecca was shocked that Amy still had as Amy had TOLD her she had given it up.

Rebecca said that Amy had 'lied to her face'.

It appears reasonable to assume that Rebecca spent time with Rebecca, was kind to her, and tried on at least two occasions to get her to give up certain contraband items, because they caused friction between ~Amy and the campmates possibly because of resentment and definitely because she was risking food.

The 'slapping' is really about 'listening' to Rebecca, agreeing, promising, and then taking no notice and lying directly about it.

It is insulting to be lied to in such a way.

And the concealer - well, even worse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You might be right Rhumba, but the use of the present tense made me think it was something more recent: since the end of the series, even during the wrap party. In either case, I would be interested to know what had actually happened.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You might be right Rhumba, but the use of the present tense made me think it was something more recent: since the end of the series, even during the wrap party. In either case, I would be interested to know what had actually happened.

I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL, if Amy had done MANY more things.

Problem is, we don't know.

I'd love to know, but think the other campers have realised they can't win.

It might come out in a year or two, or the next time Amy does reality perhaps.
  • ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if Amy did NOTHING wrong AT ALL. Most of them had it in for her from Day 1, these 'crimes' of Amy's would go virtually unnoticed were anyone else the perpetrator, but when you have it out for someone, you look for things, any things, to give you a reason to attack them. They way they surrounded her at the wrap party and all got a dig in was like watching wolves circling prey. Unfortunately for them, Amy didn't back down, and walked away looking graceful. Shame Becky couldn't do the same.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ChipPaper wrote: »
    Unfortunately for them, Amy didn't back down, and walked away looking graceful. Shame Becky couldn't do the same.

I think that is a wee bit fanciful. On average, the person who walks away is judged to be the one who has backed down, or at least off, even if they walk gracefully and not like one of the Wurzels.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL, if Amy had done MANY more things.

Problem is, we don't know.

I'd love to know, but think the other campers have realised they can't win. It might come out in a year or two, or the next time Amy does reality perhaps.

It could be lots of little things that accumulated over the entire show, both in camp and post-exit, where Rebecca gradually realised that Amy had no real interest in her friendship or efforts.
  • ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that is a wee bit fanciful. On average, the person who walks away is judged to be the one who has backed down, or at least off, even if they walk gracefully and not like one of the Wurzels.

What I meant was that when accosted and hassled Amy stood strong, refusing to show the weakness the others seemingly feed off. Then when all was said and done Amy walked away with her head held high, leaving all the others looking bitter and beat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    It could be lots of little things that cumulated over the entire show, both in camp and post-exit, where Rebecca gradually realised that Amy had no real interest in her friendship or efforts.

Yes, I think so too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I meant was that when accosted and hassled Amy stood strong, refusing to show the weakness the others seemingly feed off. Then when all was said and done Amy walked away with her head held high, leaving all the others looking bitter and beat.

That is your personal interpretation.

I thought Amy was a bit ruffled at being faced with her lie, thrashed a bit in an ignoble way, reasserted her lie and walked off blaming everyone else for making her feel uncomfortable.

I never thought for a moment that she looked good.

We see things differently.
  • KittyKreamKittyKream Posts: 4,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if Amy did NOTHING wrong AT ALL. Most of them had it in for her from Day 1, these 'crimes' of Amy's would go virtually unnoticed were anyone else the perpetrator, but when you have it out for someone, you look for things, any things, to give you a reason to attack them. They way they surrounded her at the wrap party and all got a dig in was like watching wolves circling prey. Unfortunately for them, Amy didn't back down, and walked away looking graceful. Shame Becky couldn't do the same.

Amy behaved in a very dignified manner to be fair to her. She stated her view and remained composed which can't of been easy in a potentially intimidating situation.

I'm not sure I would acted with such good grace!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KittyKream wrote: »
    Amy behaved in a very dignified manner to be fair to her. She stated her view and remained composed which can't of been easy in a potentially intimidating situation.

She does present herself carefully on camera i admit.

I'd use 'studied' even.

Although she manages this to a greater or lesser degree on occasion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is 100% projection. Everyone kept their heads high - why woudn't they? No one looked bitter or 'beat'. Amy went away for comfort and a cuddle, and presumably all the others carried right on partying.

Why was it intimidating? It wasn't spontaneous: they had obviously all agreed to put it out there on camera. As with the conversation with Alfonso: I'm not sure why Amy wanted it all filmed, but she obviously did.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good grace? She had to get out of that confrontation ASAP as she was lying yet again. How can anyone trust a word she says now? Al said as much to her when we saw what the producers allowed us to see of their conversation. Is he wrong too? She had blatantly lied about him. How would you like to be on the receiving end of that?