Options

Meeting Attractive People in Public

AndrewPdAndrewPd Posts: 6,718
Forum Member
Do you ever feel frustrated when you meet someone attractive in public knowing that you can't have them?

Comments

• Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AndrewPd wrote: »
    Do you ever feel frustrated when you meet someone attractive in public knowing that you can't have them?

Why can't you have them?
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really. :D
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I often see a fit guy in public but then think hes probably taken
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    Why can't you have them?

Because it doesn't seem polite to tell a stranger you fancy them. It is infringing on their space and maybe distressing them.

And even if you did end up with that person you would still find many other people annoyingly attractive.

It seems to be just like a unquenchable lust/drive.

It might be because I am single and have never had a relationship that I feel it what I do strongly.
  • Options
    HieronymousHieronymous Posts: 7,290
    Forum Member
    Not quite sure about this.

What are the chances of meeting someone attractive in private?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have several mirrors in my house...
  • Options
    Forum Member

It depends what you mean by private. By public I mean shopping or walking or using the library.
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It never seemed to impact on the people that met me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has a stranger ever approached you in public?

If you are in a relationship do you have a wandering eye or is your attraction fixed on your partner?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I dunno, I met this Russian girl in public and it was only because I believed that I was out of her league that I thought I couldn't have her. She even waited for me AND followed me from where I met her. I saw her Merc behind me twice.
  • Options
    HieronymousHieronymous Posts: 7,290
    Forum Member
    It depends what you mean by private. By public I mean shopping or walking or using the library.

Exactly. You mean meeting by chance which I can't imagine happening in private.

And, if you meet by chance, how the hell do you know that you can't 'have them'?
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizarre thread is bizarre!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly. You mean meeting by chance which I can't imagine happening in private.

And, if you meet by chance, how the hell do you know that you can't 'have them'?

I am referring to brief meetings. It seems difficulty to start a relationship this way without knowing anything about your object of interest.

What do you say? Do you stare penetratingly or nod your head a bit?

I don't even know how I would cope in a relationship.

Statistically I think you won't be able to have them.
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What about waiting for a bus?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    If women ever wants validation that there are some truly scary men out there and the streets are a dangerous place to be, then this thread is confirmation of that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Someone talked to me in Tesco's today. Briefly. Did it mean anything. They were probably just gregarious?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Some men genuinely believe that if a member of the opposite sex just as so much as looks and/or talks to someone, then that is a sign they are up for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am referring to brief meetings. It seems difficulty to start a relationship this way without knowing anything about your object of interest.

I hear screaming "PHWOAR! Nice jugs, love!" followed by a whistle is taken well by women.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Smile, say hello, comment on the book they're reading/perfume they're wearing/scarf they have on.

Statistically, most will respond favourably.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some men genuinely believe that if a member of the opposite sex just as so much as looks and/or talks to someone, then that is a sign they are up for it.

even if you get with their husband?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone talked to me in Tesco's today. Briefly. Did it mean anything. They were probably just gregarious?

No. They wondered if you knew where the flour was. They seriously didn't want to have your babies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AnitaS wrote: »
    What about waiting for a bus?

That depends on how long you are waiting.

I have had a long friendly convo at the bus stop and on the bus with a man from Madagascar.

He started the conversation and said he was glad I was up for a chat because he found the British stand-offish and unwilling to talk at bus stops. In other countries talking to random strangers is probably far more socially acceptable or natural.

It seems odd to wait somewhere for twenty minutes and not talk to the other people or person waiting. Dogs usually greet each other excitedly straight away and even head straight for a butt sniff.
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Difficult for us here to tell not being there. Did she smile a lot? Did she play with her necklace and flick her hair? Did she ask you for a quickie round the back of the loading bays? Those are all signs that she could be attracted to you.

*edit*

exchange 'she' for 'he' since the OP clarified the situation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I should clarify at this point that I am Gay!!

So watch out men...coming to a Tesco's near you soon.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems odd to wait somewhere for twenty minutes and not talk to the other people or person waiting. Dogs usually greet each other excitedly straight away and even head straight for a butt sniff.

That's probably where you are going wrong. Maybe try this next time.