Options

"Caroline is a Trained Dancer.."

Comments

• Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cranfield wrote: »
    If the article wasn't based on checkable fact, it would be too dangerous for the DM to print it.
    I notice in her (and her management's ) responses, she doesn't deny it.

Like others, I do not object to celebrities having had some training, its almost inevitable if they are employed in the entertainment business, but its when it seems to have hidden, or seriously underplayed that it bothers me.

Her romance with a 17 year old boy (she was 32), creeped me out a bit, but I think this is the last straw, she has lost my vote.
    Yeah right.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely a torpedo attempt by the DM. Not seen one as bad as that since the last time they had a real go at Ola. What was that? Three weeks ago? Never has a paper been more obvious in it attacks than the DM.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Also, lots of people seem to have a warped sense of the word "hidden":
    When it comes to dancing, Caroline’s no stranger, having danced in performing arts school, and as winner of BBC Three’s Dancing on Wheels series with disabled partner, James O’Shea. The duo went on to represent Great Britain in the 2009 Wheelchair Dancing European Championships in Tel Aviv, where they finished 16th. Can Caroline climb high on the Strictly leaderboard or will Flack lack the moves to crack the competition? Only time will tell.

Her official BBC bio from the start of the series, that. If they've been trying to hide things like that, then they've done a pretty shoddy job of it.
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously, you believe the Daily Hitler??? I feel for you. It's a nasty rag full of sad people who feed off hate.

And you appear to be the sadist of the lot....Get a life.......or grow up...
  • Options
    ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it turns out that she has more dance training than Pixie and Frankie put together. Hahaha.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    sorrento wrote: »
    And you appear to be the sadist of the lot....Get a life.......or grow up...

Do you work for the Daily Mail? Perhaps you align with its bigoted view of the world? I don't. It's a nasty vile little toilet roll that pumps out hate on a daily basis.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, lots of people seem to have have a warped sense of the word "hidden":

Her official BBC bio from the start of the series, that. If they've been trying to hide things like that, then they've done a pretty shoddy job of it.

Hiding in plain sight is the sneakiest sort of hiding.
  • Options
    Flora_McDonaldFlora_McDonald Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sorrento wrote: »
    I like Caroline...but I won't be voting for her tonight after reading that article

Huh? I read the topper and decided that life was too short for that spiteful drivel, and left the page. It's a loser attitude typical of a certain section of society that envy and jealousy are displayed towards an intelligent, attractive woman who has made something of her life and natural abilities. Whether or not she has previous experience, she is still having to learn these very challenging and demanding new dances every week, and without putting in a lot of hard work, she'd not manage it.

I don't know why anyone would let someone's former dance experience influence their vote. The fact that people are motivated enough when they're young to practise rather than go and watch TV or play with their friends should be seen as admirable, rather than the reverse. Loads of people get some form of dancing or music tuition when they're young.. It doesn't mean that they'll be any good at it. I have lots of friends who learned piano for years, but none of them could so much as play a Christmas carol now.

No-one would watch Strictly if it was full of people with two left feet. Everyone brings something different to the table, and Caroline has made huge progress and developed a wonderful ability to express herself in the course of the show. I can't wait to see her final dances, and would be delighted if she won.

I cannot believe that anyone would be influenced by anything they read in the Daily Fail - seriously! The showbiz stuff is usually planted by publicists or fabricated drivel carefully enclosed in quotation marks which attribute the content to A Source. It's chip wrapping.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Yes, tell that one to Stephen Gately.

or Christopher Jeffries and many many others who have been trashed by the scum that work at the Mail.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Never mind her dancing experience I thought the article was especially spiteful about her love life. I mean, do we read similar articles about Jake or Simon or Mark? No, because she is an attractive girl (who seems extremely nice) she has every single man she ever had an interest in mentioned in a newspaper article. Talk about double standards! This will affect the telephone votes. I remember Craig on ITT saying that Caroline was remarkable as she had no previous training and that is a lie!!! I just wish they would be honest about it and it seems the only two people who have never had dance training (either thru Stage School or Dancing Schools) is Jake and Simon. Even Mark I believe went to a stage school when he was a child. I just hate it when a programme publicity dept take the general public to be really fools and downright stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also, lots of people seem to have a warped sense of the word "hidden":

Well I have watched It Takes Two and Craig actually said that Caroline was remarkable as she had no previous dance training and that is a lie. Then he looked at Zoe and said has she? Silence!! So it may have been put on the BBC page but it was not openly discussed on SCD or ITT. Three years of dance training , every day, is not a "bit of dance in Stage School" to be fair. It is an unfair advantage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    sorry ignore.
  • Options
    babyboomer10babyboomer10 Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    I just like to see the best dancers in the final & with Pixie missing the best 2 left are Frankie & Caroline.

I remember there was a witch hunt against Gabby Logan because as a teenager she had represented Wales at gymnastics - supposedly she had an unfair advantage because her training gave her better poise than the no hopers with two left feet. Fast forward a few years and a gymnast with an Olympic silver medal waltzes off with the title. Double standards.

It is not going to be a life changer whoever wins but it is guaranteed to be a fabulous night's entertainment as long as we have the best in the final, which we nearly have.

On with the motley!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    Never mind her dancing experience I thought the article was especially spiteful about her love life. I mean, do we read similar articles about Jake or Simon or Mark? No, because she is an attractive girl (who seems extremely nice) she has every single man she ever had an interest in mentioned in a newspaper article. Talk about double standards! This will affect the telephone votes. I remember Craig on ITT saying that Caroline was remarkable as she had no previous training and that is a lie!!! I just wish they would be honest about it and it seems the only two people who have never had dance training (either thru Stage School or Dancing Schools) is Jake and Simon. Even Mark I believe went to a stage school when he was a child. I just hate it when a programme publicity dept take the general public to be really fools and downright stupid.

Mark took a Saturday drama class, Sylvia Young confirmed he never took dance classes.
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I have watched It Takes Two and Craig actually said that Caroline was remarkable as she had no previous dance training and that is a lie. Then he looked at Zoe and said has she? Silence!! So it may have been put on the BBC page but it was not openly discussed on SCD or ITT. Three years of dance training , every day, is not a "bit of dance in Stage School" to be fair. It is an unfair advantage.

Zoe also had to feign ignorance when Tim said that Caroline had had training. To say 'yes' or 'no' would mean that she then had to say ... 'But neither has celeb x, y or z' or 'so has celeb x, y z'. The closest ITT got this year to mentioning any previous dance training was pointing out that it could be harder for celebs who have previous training as they had to unlearn what they knew to start again.

It was on the official Strictly BBC site from launch night. It's hardly been hidden.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    I remember there was a witch hunt against Gabby Logan because as a teenager she had represented Wales at gymnastics - supposedly she had an unfair advantage because her training gave her better poise than the no hopers with two left feet. Fast forward a few years and a gymnast with an Olympic silver medal waltzes off with the title. Double standards.

Matt Baker came second, too. Now, if only Gabby Logan had had the decency to undergo a sex change during her series, eh?....

(I'm kidding. I think)
  • Options
    steff0202steff0202 Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    It's the final, I've enjoyed all the finalists. I couldn't care less about whether she has 'trained'
    in dance or not. Just enjoy the night, it's not the end of the world.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And for all that her frame is not as good as Frankie's or her footwork as good as Simon's. So please can somone tell me what advantage the past training has given her?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She might lose votes because of this article. But then again she's on the front of the Sun saying she's been dumped. That might gather a sympathy vote. Time will tell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One thing celebs have presumably learnt never to say when the subject of previous dance experience comes up, is that they 'just sat on a chair' in show xxxxx.

DVO got so much stick for that. That (and being partnered with James) doomed her from the start.

I personally never warmed to DVO and thought the whole "sat on a chair" saga was ridiculous and did not make me feel any kinder towards her.

What finished me off was the emotional "I never see my daughter" articles and James telling the viewers that she was upset about not seeing her child often and yet she was previously flying all over the place on holiday without her child!! These celebs are not forced to do SCD and they should know after 12 years of the show, how much work is entailed in rehearsals etc. Daft to complain to the public about it. It is their choice to do the show!!!!!! .
  • Options
    Flora_McDonaldFlora_McDonald Posts: 963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How would they know? Craig made it obvious he was guessing by asking for confirmation, and Zoe made it obvious that she didn't know by not answering.

Three years of dance training when a child means nothing by the time you're an adult, unless you decide to take part in Strictly, when it becomes the kiss of death. Look at what happened to Denise Van Outen, who was head and shoulders better than anyone else in her year, and was probably the person who worked hardest in training too. In my view she should have won. Previous dance experience seems to put people at an unfair DISadvantage.
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She might lose votes because of this article. But then again she's on the front of the Sun saying she's been dumped. That might gather a sympathy vote. Time will tell.

Agreed. There have been a few articles for all of the finalists that might get them, the sympathy vote.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mark took a Saturday drama class, Sylvia Young confirmed he never took dance classes.

Thanks that sorts out that problem then!!!! I think he has been amazing although I had no idea who the heck he was!! He has improved tremendously and I am now even more impressed as he has no previous training! Good for him. Also I will never forget Simon's Tango!! WOW
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How would they know? Craig made it obvious he was guessing by asking for confirmation, and Zoe made it obvious that she didn't know by not answering.

Three years of dance training when a child means nothing by the time you're an adult, unless you decide to take part in Strictly, when it becomes the kiss of death. Look at what happened to Denise Van Outen, who was head and shoulders better than anyone else in her year, and was probably the person who worked hardest in training too. In my view she should have won. Previous dance experience seems to put people at an unfair DISadvantage.

Training as a child? Caroline was 20 years old when she took the three year dance course in Cambridge, not 10!!!
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »
    I do wonder if some of the lower rung zelebs/RTV Stars have some sort of contract with the Mail and their sidebar or shame. The amount of times they happen to get snapped picking a sofa, doing the shopping, peering into a shop window, drinking a cup of coffee, frolicking in the surf, watching an envelope being opened seems disproportionate to their actual fame.
    Yeah the PR agents of these zelebs probably have the Heil's show biz editor on speed dial. I knew when Mark was announced for Strictly he and his PR would pull out all the stops to get himself in the tabloids

As said I said before the only place Sylvia Young is quoted is in the Daily Heil in a highly dubious article so that to me is not confirmation.
This discussion has been closed.