Caroline wins

Comments

• amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done to Caro and her fans, she danced really well, but I didn't think her cha cha was 40 material. :blush:

Really happy for Pasha, have loved him from day one, so glad Pash has finally got the trophy
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catkins198 wrote: »
    Thought she would but Simon was far more deserving in my view. NO dance experience and improved week by week unlike Caroline the trained dancer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/3bhDz3YZYFjy4WgX4DfM7VR/simon-webbe
    The relevant bit:
    Facing the judgement of Craig is something Simon’s had to endure before – when he came third for his Cha Cha Cha in Strictly’s Christmas Special in 2011.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    For the 1 billionth time, YAY, WOO, WAY. TO GO! :D

Glad she won! :D

I am calm and reserved by the way! :D
  • stacesl3stacesl3 Posts: 812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So happy for Caroline and Pasha, she was excellent tonight! I loved loved their show dance, so happy that Pasha took a risk and did something different. Also loved Simon's AT and Frankie's Paso - all worthy finalists :) but really chuffed for pasha x
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Absolutely delighted with the result! :D Can't stop smiling.

Caroline is a worthy celebrity champion and Pasha is a deserving pro champion. They were a great partnership.

For me this was the most enjoyable Strictly series. The most likeable cast top-to-bottom, for me, and so much good dancing. I found all 4 couples who made the finals lovely, and any of the final 3 would have been legitimate winners. I can't ask for more than that.

I can't stop celebrating ever, I think when I go to sleep tonight, my body will dance with joy whilst I'm asleep! :D

Roll on the Christmas special and the tour. :D
  • Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New BBC import wins the show - now there's a coincidence.

Caroline Flack will be presenting 'Saints & Scroungers' for the BBC from 5th January.Is this a way of boosting that shows / a new recruits profile.Nah the BBC wouldn't set something like that up, surely :blush::D
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Caroline Flack will be presenting 'Saints & Scroungers' for the BBC from 5th January.Is this a way of boosting that shows / a new recruits profile.Nah the BBC wouldn't set something like that up, surely :blush::D

What, the Beeb has people in all the homes of those who vote, holding guns to their heads and forcing them to ring Caroline and Pasha's number???

Wow. They're more powerful than I thought!!!

Although the only one in my house was me .....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What, the Beeb has people in all the homes of those who vote, holding guns to their heads and forcing them to ring Caroline and Pasha's number???

Wow. They're more powerful than I thought!!!

Although the only one in my house was me .....

She's already been accused of having major advantage over the other contestant's due to 'a professionally trained dance background'.How very convenient that she will be leaving ITV for new pastures at the BBC from January 5th.A boost in profile will do wonders for Saints & Scroungers & the 'new presenter'.
  • LovesATangoLovesATango Posts: 3,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oooh, conspiracy theorist on the loose...somebody fetch a net and a tin-foil cap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh, conspiracy theorist on the loose...somebody fetch a net and a tin-foil cap.

...and the BBC has never rigged a phone in vote etc. etc. have they (that was on such an innocent show as Blue Peter as well) :blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    I feel less sorry for Caroline being the victim of a Daily Mail article now I know she is fronting a show that has such a Daily Mail ethos.
  • Siobhan_KellySiobhan_Kelly Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Well done to her and Pasha, now that Pashas won I hope that pathetic Irish woman who always bangs on about him on ITT will shut the hell up now
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Please explain how Caroline is planning on presenting a television programme that doesn't actually exist: http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/programmes/schedules/london/2015/01/05
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honeysmum wrote: »
    Deserved winner, delighted for Pasha, think their showdance was so different I am sure it worked in their favour (like Louis and Flavia). For me Kevins showdance he just did what he did last year with Susanna, it wasn't enough of a spectacle. Marks was too frantic and Simons was messy. If I was a professional in the final next year I would be looking at what had gone before. :p

My main concern for Caroline was the showdance as Pasha had ruined 2 chances of previous wins with messy showdances. Nice to see him put that right tonight.

Although personally I was wanting Simon and Kristina to win but Caroline is a worthy winner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    cwickham wrote: »
    Please explain how Caroline is planning on presenting a television programme that doesn't actually exist: http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/programmes/schedules/london/2015/01/05

It's a pre-recorded show so she'll start filming in January and it will be broadcast at a later date.
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a pre-recorded show so she'll start filming in January and it will be broadcast at a later date.

Somebody was editing the appropriate articles on Wikipedia (I've reverted them but you can still see them in revision history) to say that it was being broadcast from 5th January.
  • Arlene_MetcalfArlene_Metcalf Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Absolutely delighted with the result! :D Can't stop smiling.

Caroline is a worthy celebrity champion and Pasha is a deserving pro champion. They were a great partnership.

For me this was the most enjoyable Strictly series. The most likeable cast top-to-bottom, for me, and so much good dancing. I found all 4 couples who made the finals lovely, and any of the final 3 would have been legitimate winners. I can't ask for more than that.
    I agree with this wholeheartedly. Well said xx
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...and the BBC has never rigged a phone in vote etc. etc. have they (that was on such an innocent show as Blue Peter as well) :blush:

Yes, they did. Back in 2007. And they were fined for it quite heavily. Which is why it would be utterly stupid for them to do it again. If you suspect that they have, then report it to Ofcom.

Otherwise, your accusation just looks like sour grapes.

Geez, this is deja vu. I remember having this exact same discussion many years ago. Fortunately someone in the know came along and blew the argument out of the water.
  • VientreVientre Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay Caroline :)
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We called this very early on, and even my wife lost interest, she thinks it was the worst series ever because there was simply nobody to support. No doubt she'll give it another go next year. My thoughts are that contrary to general opinion, the presenting team simply doesn't work, Bruce had to go, but they had to get another male presenter in, the dancing is about male/female, so surely the presenting team should reflect this. Anyway, another year over.

Caroline was always going to win right from the start.
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    catkins198 wrote: »
    Thought she would but Simon was far more deserving in my view. NO dance experience and improved week by week unlike Caroline the trained dancer
    No dance experience? He was in a boy band!! Also .. he'd taken part in a previous Christmas Strictly. A trained dancer .. as if!! People talk about it as if she was qualified to be a Strictly pro. He wasn't more deserving .. she was and that's why she won.
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pork.pie wrote: »
    We called this very early on, and even my wife lost interest, she thinks it was the worst series ever because there was simply nobody to support. No doubt she'll give it another go next year. My thoughts are that contrary to general opinion, the presenting team simply doesn't work, Bruce had to go, but they had to get another male presenter in, the dancing is about male/female, so surely the presenting team should reflect this. Anyway, another year over.

She was in a dance off :confused: On the wrong week .. like Pixie .. she could have easily gone home.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely brilliant result. Well done Caroline and Pasha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    A standing ovation for her. Dancing is easy. Dancing to music that is not of your choice is a challenge. Dancing to someone else's choreography in front of a live audience is brutally hard, especially with the likes of CRH watching. She did brilliantly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    pork.pie wrote: »

Was it a staggered start because I thought Pixie was going to win from my starting position.