Options

which pros to get ringers next year

Siobhan_KellySiobhan_Kelly Posts: 202
Forum Member
I reckon Aliaz Tristan Natalie and Aliona will be the lucky ones next year.

Comments

• Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natalie deserves a good ringer. She had a (charming, but still a) dud this year and hasn't had a legitimate contender since Scott in 2010.

I get the feeling that Jo will get someone really good next year too.
  • Options
    shrinkingvioletshrinkingviolet Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think out of those I'd say only Natalie and Aliona were a possibility - Tristan is a newbie so isn't really owed one and Alijaz did win last year.

I do think that pros that show they can handle a dud do deserve to be rewarded the following year with a good partner though - this situ Aliona got of dud, dud, dud shouldn't happen. Likewise in reverse - with than in mind, I really want Kevin (2 finals in 2 series) and Pasha (3 finals in 4 series) to get duds.
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    I think out of those I'd say only Natalie and Aliona were a possibility - Tristan is a newbie so isn't really owed one and Alijaz did win last year.

I do think that pros that show they can handle a dud do deserve to be rewarded the following year with a good partner though - this situ Aliona got of dud, dud, dud shouldn't happen. Likewise in reverse - with than in mind, I really want Kevin (2 finals in 2 series) and Pasha (3 finals in 4 series) to get duds.

Aliona wasn't even supposed to be on the show last year and she has had several good partners. I think Natalie has had more than enough duds now! Pasha is definitely due a dud or 3.
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have only two words -

Not Pasha
  • Options
    Polly11Polly11 Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Tristan, aliona, natalie
  • Options
    themightypierrethemightypierre Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have only two words -

Not Pasha

I'll add another two. Not Kevin.
  • Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Polly11 wrote: »
    Tristan, aliona, natalie

I agree.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I think Karen deserves a ringer.
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely Natalie, and Brendan (if he's still with the show).

It would be a bit unfair to the contestant but I'd like to see the look on Anton's face if they gave him a young, fit obvious contender. After the initial delight wore off, he'd be scared stiff and exhausted after a week!
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon Aliaz Tristan Natalie and Aliona will be the lucky ones next year.

Well they should be, I totally agree but it looks as if Natalie and Aliona are a permanent fixture of the early exit camp, which is a shame as they are far far better dancers and teachers than the female pros who got further than them.
  • Options
    Strictly_fanStrictly_fan Posts: 16,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think if Kevin's still here he'll get a older lady because he first 2 years have been good. I reckon Aliona will get a younger guy. Tristan should get someone young. He always gets the older ladies. It's about time he had a younger lady. I think they some new pros in. And Trent should get another good partner
  • Options
    xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    Tristan at least give him someone young even on DWTS he got the shit or the older lady
  • Options
    PebroxPebrox Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    It's about time they gave Natalie somebody good, we've been deprived of her ability for too long! Would also like to see Tristan given the chance to show what he can do. Suspect Kevin may get another... Pasha won't as he had a great run and now finally picked up the trophy.
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Natalie definitely deserves a better pick next year, I may be wrong but I don't think she's ever had a really strong contender has she? She certainly hasn't had one for a while. Aliona too, I'd also like to see what Joanne can do with a good partner.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear God, please give Anton a half decent partner for once! :o

His only hope was with Patsy Palmer.

The boy deserves a fighting chance. :D
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Natalie had Scott Maslen and Ricky Whittle!!!

Scott just couldn't hack it but he was a VERY good dancer. As for RW?! What are you talking about - never had a strong contender?!!!!
  • Options
    peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We get dozens of these threads every year, and it amuses me to imagine a scenario where the producers would ever sit down and work out which professional dancer 'deserves' either a ringer or a dud. LOL.

Turn it around. The production team's job is to assign the professional dancer who best meets the celebrity's needs and, importantly, the need to get people talking about the partnerships and therefore watching the show.

No dancer is bigger than the show, as James Jordan found out earlier this year.
  • Options
    alan_tracyalan_tracy Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    peeve wrote: »
    ... it amuses me to imagine a scenario where the producers would ever sit down and work out which professional dancer 'deserves' either a ringer or a dud. LOL...
    No pro dancer has won twice. That is not a coincidence. Contrast with DWTS, where repeat wins are a feature.

In the past it has been stated that all dancers are paid the same fee, rising the further they stay in competition. BBC do not want 'star' dancers, they want an interchangeable crew. The producers construct new 'stories' every year, which needs a new bunch of faces. New face, do well to become a contender. Until you win, then back to a support role.

You're right it's absurd to think of 'deserve' as a criterion for setting partnership. There's an element of pigeonholing for the supporting cast, Anton gets the older woman, Natalie appears to be getting the older man. Aljaz may have got himself the 'bubbly' partner slot. That continues as long as they play the role without complaint or hint of rebellion. See James Jordan.
  • Options
    PastaPasta Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan_tracy wrote: »
    You're right it's absurd to think of 'deserve' as a criterion for setting partnership. There's an element of pigeonholing for the supporting cast, Anton gets the older woman, Natalie appears to be getting the older man. Aljaz may have got himself the 'bubbly' partner slot. That continues as long as they play the role without complaint or hint of rebellion. See James Jordan.

There are also practical considerations - Kevin, like Darren before him, is a short guy and will probably be paired with someone appropriate in size, whether or not they are a 'contender'. (Also, though he got Susannah to the final last year, she was not a ringer by any stretch of the imagination.)
  • Options
    bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They better give Natalie someone decent,
    Aliona is a gonner next year
    I think Jo and Aljaz with get big personality or popular figure next year again
    I think they will give Kevin and Janette good partners next year
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tristan and Joanne because they didn't really have a chance to shine this year, and Natalie because she's long overdue to a good partner. I think Pasha is probably overdue a dud, especially now he's won, and remembers he's twice reached the final previously with Chelsee and Kimbereley.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    I hate to say this but I think Tristan might be the new Anton du Beke. Look at how he was treated on DWTS! Closest he ever got to a contender was Dorothy Hamill

I think Aljaz might get a good partner, since a part of me thinks Robin being replaced by Trent meant they had no one to throw Alison to, hence throwing her to Aljaz.

I do hope they give Aliona someone who's not out Week 1, since that's 3 years running (yes, I'm including Johnny Ball), same thing for Natalie.
  • Options
    Ellie_Ellie_ Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please PLEASE give Tristan someone good next year. I want him and his lovely smile around until the final please!
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan_tracy wrote: »
    No pro dancer has won twice. That is not a coincidence. Contrast with DWTS, where repeat wins are a feature.

In the past it has been stated that all dancers are paid the same fee, rising the further they stay in competition. BBC do not want 'star' dancers, they want an interchangeable crew. The producers construct new 'stories' every year, which needs a new bunch of faces. New face, do well to become a contender. Until you win, then back to a support role.

And yet the 4 pros in the final last night now have 8 final appearances between them - with only one of them being a final newbie - and last year potentially 2 of the pros in the final could have won for the second time.
  • Options
    EnglishspinnerEnglishspinner Posts: 6,132
    Forum Member
    Iveta, though if male ringers continue to be rarer than hen's teeth, I'll be happy with another Markish comedy turn.