The best winner (in dance ability)

Comments

• jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jill Halfpenny
    Jill Halfpenny.

Mark was my favourite winner but some of his ballroom was shocking.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Jill Halfpenny
    postit wrote: »
    Actually, the best dancer was Natalie. Though not a winner, she was undoubtedly the best dancer by a mile.

Yes, Natalie by a mile but voted for Jill on this.
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Jill Halfpenny
    Jill was the best. That jive...
    I never rated Kara at all, she was a super dancer, yes, but I cannot recall any of her dances.
    Louis and Harry were simply stunning too, and were my favourite male dancers. I loved Mark in the early days too, but he did have his stronger and weaker dances.
  • tawnytawny Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jill Halfpenny
    I think Kara is terribly overrated.

and me
  • OldShep56OldShep56 Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alesha Dixon
    I have always looked at the couple when deciding who is 'best' and I voted for Alesha simply because I thought her and Matthew made a stunning couple on the floor. Len has always proclaimed their Viennese the best he had seen til Kara and that dance till brings tears to my eyes.
    Matthew and Alesha should have made babies, they'd have been beautiful.
  • SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    Louis Smith
    My favourite winner is Louis Smith ...imo he was the complete package, plus he had one of the best teachers in Flavia....They made a striking couple.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Chambers
    Actually, the best dancer was Natalie. Though not a winner, she was undoubtedly the best dancer by a mile.

Yes i agree. Few of the winners were the best the series they appeared in. None are pro standard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Chambers
    ads84 wrote: »
    Jill was the best. That jive...
    I never rated Kara at all, she was a super dancer, yes, but I cannot recall any of her dances.
    Louis and Harry were simply stunning too, and were my favourite male dancers. I loved Mark in the early days too, but he did have his stronger and weaker dances.

Same. She left me cold and the romance' with Artem bored me.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Kara Tointon
    Most interesting feature of this poll is the total dominance of females. Half the winners have been male and yet only about 13% of us think the best winner was amongst them.

FWIW I think it's between Jill, Alesha and Kara and a good case could be made for any of them BUT non-winner Natalie G eclipsed them all.
  • MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kara Tointon
    Voted for Kara Tointon as she won but where's the Natalie Wuzrobbed option? :)
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Alesha Dixon
    Arcana wrote: »
    Most interesting feature of this poll is the total dominance of females. Half the winners have been male and yet only about 13% of us think the best winner was amongst them.

FWIW I think it's between Jill, Alesha and Kara and a good case could be made for any of them BUT non-winner Natalie G eclipsed them all.

I agree entirely. :)
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis Smith
    Seymour wrote: »
    My favourite winner is Louis Smith ...imo he was the complete package, plus he had one of the best teachers in Flavia....They made a striking couple.

I agree with you...plus Louis was a complete novice, has kept up dancing (at least 3 private corporate events with Flavia), was thrilled to be asked back for the Christmas special and the results show and has repeatedly stated that he misses SCD and dancing very much. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Chambers
    I enjoyed Louis in the Xmas special just gone, but never warmed to him when he was a contestant and never thought he should have won.
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alesha Dixon
    I voted for Alesha.

I loved Jill and even though I voted for her at the time, I always knew her previous experience was an advantage and that niggled away at me. Artem's choreography spoiled Kara for me because nothing bugs me more than pros who don't stick to the same rules as the rest. I thought Louis was superb on the Christmas special and in the pro dance in the final with Aliona, but I don't remember him being that good when he was on the show! :D
  • robbleonarobbleona Posts: 6,261
    Forum Member
    Kara Tointon
    For me, it was Alesha although it was close between her and Kara. :)

same here...only the other way around.
    Forum Member
    Kara Tointon
    I enjoyed Louis in the Xmas special just gone, but never warmed to him when he was a contestant and never thought he should have won.
    Glad he won...kimberley and DVO were trained, and worse still, full of themselves.
    Forum Member
    Kara Tointon
    tawny wrote: »
    and me

kara overrated?? same thing will be said of caroline slack in a few months from now...
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jill Halfpenny
    I agree with you...plus Louis was a complete novice, has kept up dancing (at least 3 private corporate events with Flavia), was thrilled to be asked back for the Christmas special and the results show and has repeatedly stated that he misses SCD and dancing very much. :)

Honestly did a double take at him in that pro dance in the semi final. Thought it was just someone who looked a bit like him at first.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Chambers
    robbleona wrote: »
    Glad he won...kimberley and DVO were trained, and worse still, full of themselves.

Here we go again...zzzzzzzzzz
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Kara Tointon
    robbleona wrote: »
    kara overrated?? same thing will be said of caroline slack in a few months from now...

I'd say it now.
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Jill Halfpenny
    I'd say it now.

and I'll join you.
  • zonazona Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Alesha Dixon

Agree!. Even with dance training she would have been top of her class anyway. She exuded dance both technically and lyrically, which many dancer can't or don't do. Denise Van Outen - another good dancer, but not winner - was technically sharp but her body was as stiff as a board to me
  • KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louis Smith
    and I'll join you.

She's a trained dancer, you know! ;-):D
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kara Tointon
    For reference, here's how the winners rank in terms of average judges' scores:

1) Alesha - 36.5
    2) Kara - 35.7
    3) Harry - 35.6
    =) Abbey - 35.6
    5) Caroline - 35.1
    6) Tom - 34.5
    7) Jill - 33.6
    8) Mark - 33.5
    9) Louis - 33.5 (33.46 if worked out to two decimal places, hence lower than Mark)
    10) Natasha - 33.0
    11) Darren - 31.2
    12) Chris - 31.0
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alesha Dixon
    I'd say it now.

Me too and I really liked Caroline on the show, trained dancer or not. I only knew her from the gossip pages with a dim recollection of the SCD spin off series, but I felt she was living her dream of doing the show and that counted for oodles for me. Is she up there with the best though? Not really. :)