Options

BBC: Last Choir Standing- Myleene Klass & Nick Knowles

JimmyJoeJimmyJoe Posts: 17,883
Forum Member
✭✭
Nick Knowles and Myleene Klass are to co-host BBC One's new weekend entertainment show, Last Choir Standing.

They will be joined by a panel of music experts – Russell Watson, Sharon D. Clarke and Suzi Digby – as they scour the country for choirs that combine the power, passion and performance necessary to be crowned the nation's favourite choir.

Full press release from BBC about the show

:D

Comments

• Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JimmyJoe wrote: »
    you may like to know the American version of this show has been cancelled
  • Options
    richy23richy23 Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    JimmyJoe wrote: »

They call it entertainment? :eek:

And with Klass? :eek:

Dear God.
  • Options
    Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nick Knowles? :confused: Can't we have Gorgeous Gareth Malone from The Choir instead? I rather like him... :o:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More tired reality/talent/panel of judges crapiola. Great.
  • Options
    BugPowderDustBugPowderDust Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh my god, not more, please no. :cry: Can't they come up with something that doesn't involve reality/ voting/ judges/ sob stories of the contestants/ quizzes??
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh hell's bells - The Klass strikes again!! :eek::cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    The very first thread I created in DS was titled "Nick Knowles a million quid well spent". I was mocking his overblown golden handcuffs deal with the beeb.

That was a while ago, and how wrong I was, the BBC obviously got a bargain, Nick is so talented and has hosted so many wonderful shows that have invigorated UK broadcasting I take it all back, and to think he now gets to work with Maaaarleeeeene, well blow me down, What a wonderful development, thank you BBC, I only hope you have Myleene on a million quid contract too, fairs fair and all that, nappies ain't cheap you know, etc....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suppose poor old Marrrrleeeene has got to pocket the cash while she can - it's not as if she is on TV very often....

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you may like to know the American version of this show has been cancelled

That is typical of the BBC. Do the thing others do not want.
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    Nick Knowles? :confused: Can't we have Gorgeous Gareth Malone from The Choir instead? I rather like him... :o:D

I agree, the man is a legend:D
  • Options
    SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Oh hell's bells - The Klass strikes again!! :eek::cry:[/QUOTE

Klass ............one of the many things she lacks ! Along with talent, discernment, diplomacy, disgression, prudence, caution, tact, good taste, personality, wit, craft, ability' likeability, warmth .................

This new show will bomb badly. Fancy the BBC deliberately sabotaging their own show' before it's even started. Mind you, it's not their money is it, it's our's !
  • Options
    simondsUU933wsimondsUU933w Posts: 4,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen an ad for this on BBC1 - looks great.

Can't wait!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    simonp820 wrote: »
    Just seen an ad for this on BBC1 - looks great.

Can't wait!

I almost wet myself when I heard Hung Up by Madonna!
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least there is one expert on the programme. I bet she gets booed when she tells the truth though. Isn't that how these progs work?
    Alan
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    richy23 wrote: »
    They call it entertainment? :eek:

And with Klass? :eek:

Dear God.

Hi Richy Yes another long boring prog and with Klass too:eek:
  • Options
    frank jamesfrank james Posts: 1,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldbod wrote: »
    Yes another long boring prog and with Klass too:eek:

Never mind there's always Who Dares Sings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind there's always Who Dares Sings.
    Hmm stand by for tears & tantrums with some iffy decisions
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they deliberately selected two of the most irritating people on British television to present this programme?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have they deliberately selected two of the most irritating people on British television to present this programme?

Well they will save money on se-cur-ity for Klass as loverboy will be there :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes an irritating male & female TV couple has become the norm on most programmes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well they will save money on se-cur-ity for Klass as loverboy will be there :rolleyes:

Well he could probably do with the cash.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just the thought of this programme and ITV1's Who Dares Sings has put my teeth on edge already!

I can't stand Nick Knowles to me he come across as irritating and smug, I switch over when I see him he always looks like he hasn't had a wash for weeks, always looks dirty and greasy..errr horrible!! Now he has a big pay rise may he will be able to buy some soap and a spondge?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    :eek: Who dares Sings / :eek Last Choir :eek: Looks like Saturday night realy is the threshold of hell. It fair saps the mind to think of what they are going to come up with next in the vote/judging panel/general public bore-a-thons they kep milking for all its worth.

Surprised they havent done a show with hapless driving test failures who compete each week to see who is improving/got the most dead/dying/unemployed relatives , of course the general public will vote for the best & the winner after 11 weeks will get a free driving test or a car & no doubt the christmas no1 single as well.

Another summer, another wave of vote/reality tosh. Is there no end to it? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Who dares Sings / :eek Last Choir :eek: Looks like Saturday night realy is the threshold of hell. It fair saps the mind to think of what they are going to come up with next in the vote/judging panel/general public bore-a-thons they kep milking for all its worth.
    Who Dares Sings is being judged by a computer who tells the punters if they are wrong, no doubt they got some nerd along with some singing coach to programme the infernal machine, mind you you have got 2 robots presenting it :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another summer, another wave of vote/reality tosh. Is there no end to it? :eek:

They will both end in a couple of months then there will be X-Factor & Strictly Come Dancing until Christmas and then Dancing On Ice and another Musical Star Search in 2009.