Options

Toashiba 32WLT58 over SonyKDLV32A12 ?

I am aiming to get a HD ready 32" LCD.
I have been looking around and have plumped for the above 2, particularly as they have many connections.

...The Toshiba is a good deal less than the Sony, so am very tempted...but can anyone tell me what they think is better ???

Is the sony worth the extra ???

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    the Toshiba model you reffer to is the Rear Projection TV and the Sony V Bravia 32" is LCD, is this right to you?

I can't comment on the Toshiba model as I haven't seen it in action yet, I can say that the Sony 32 V Bravia is very good, even more so on the demos I've seen with it outputting an HD TV signal in a local Sony Centre.

I'd say what most people would say, try and look in a number of different retailers that stock both and play around with them to gauge the quality of the image they output, obviously try them using the internal freeview tuner for real world results.

Clearly there is a big price difference, an alternative could be the 32" S range Bravia which a slight step down from the V range, very similar TV but slight differences in the chips that process and output the sound and a different casing. but it does save you around £300, Bravia S 32" is around £1,100 online. the V is around £1,400
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    the toshiba i was referring to is a LCD, maybe i put the wrong reference.

I liked the toshiba as it has many connections (3 scart, 2 hdmi) but obviously thought that the SONY may be a better bet....

Thanks for the info though, v helpful
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my opinion I'd stick to the Toshiba, there's been a few posts regarding the Bravia range and I wasn't impressed with the quality of any of the Bravia range on SD. I've seen one Hitachi can't remember which model it was, the local stores sell 32LD7200, 42PD6600A and 42PD7200A but I know the picture quality looked beter, but they were either too large and expensive for what I was looking for.
  • Options
    thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    there's a good deal at empire direct on the toshiba 32wlt58
    you get the tv with the pedestal stand AND a floor stand
    for £1049.99 + £20.00 delivery = £1069.99
    http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/index.asp?bhcp=1

the sony is about £500 dearer at the same site :eek:

unbeatable ranking top 100 products

23/100
    http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/product/Toshiba-32WLT58-32-in-HDTV-Ready-LCD-Television/27407091.html

95/100
    http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/product/Sony-KDL-V32A12-32-in-LCD-Television/27098748.html
  • Options
    dave25285dave25285 Posts: 678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We got one (the Toshiba) just before Christmas, and its fantastic on both RGB sky and HDMI from an upscaling DVD player.

Only problem was that the stand took hours to put together as the screws didn't fit properly.
  • Options
    jeallen01jeallen01 Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dave25285 wrote:
    Only problem was that the stand took hours to put together as the screws didn't fit properly.

Apparently that is a very common problem with the Toshiba stands!
  • Options
    thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my uncle's toshiba came with a pedastal stand already attached
    it has a nice swivel action, 15 degrees left or right

i agree about the picture quality..it has a 3d effect