What was your favorite ever mobile phone?

1235»

Comments

• soransoran Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tdenson wrote: »
    Ah yes, that was it. It's all come flooding back now. The flip down mike was to get the phone far enough from the earpiece to span mouth and ear.

Also had the nickname of the Sony Kitkat. They also did the Sony Mars Bar around the same time.

My personnel favourite phone was the HTC HD2 mainly due to it being a complete breath of fresh air after having the original iPhone. It could run pretty much anything you threw at it, and remains as one of the most modded phones ever.
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    My HTC Desire S. Shame it got nicked but my Huawei isn't too far behind it.
  • PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i probably used my nokia 3310 for about 4 years. i loved nokias, once you used one you could use any of them back then, all the menus & were the same pretty much.

my bb pearl was my 1st "smart" phone, but i wouldn't have called it smart, maybe just "above average intelligence" tbh. hardly anyone wrote apps for it & the o/s was never updated. that put me off bb for life.

just two more for the list.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scotty2012 wrote: »
    I bought the K800i when it was released. Loved it and the C905 which was released a year or so later.

I had the K850i, which was a nice phone but really buggy and prone to switching itself off all the time. I then had the C905. Both those phones had excellent cameras. I have some pictures from nights out that I can't believe we're taken with the phone.

The C905 had some nifty features but I found that Orange had made most of them unusable with their horrible firmware. They'd completely disabled the shortcut menu and added a nasty Orange sidebar to the home screen. Thankfully I was able to flash it with the vanilla OS. Sadly the camera lens cover (which also served to activate the camera) broke not lon g after I got it.

Those two SE phones were miles ahead of the Nokias I'd had previously in terms of features, but neither of them was particularly reliable.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Nokia N8 manufactured with a metal casing soild feel to it.

Now have a new Galaxy 11 which is made out of plastic and feels less solid,still use my N8 now.:)
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One phone I always liked but never got round to buying because of its high price was the Nokia 8850.

It was a gorgeous phone, but it was hugely expensive at the time.
  • tjbantamtjbantam Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Until i got my current phone, the best i'd had was the Sony Ericsson K850i, but nothing compares to the Galaxy S3. Brilliant phone!
  • sonicshadowsonicshadow Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    I loved my Siemens A55 in blue, had it for about five years, it suffered so many drops on concrete, being thrown in Superdrug by accident, falling down stairs to a hard floor in work, accidentally being thrown up stairs and hitting a radiator, and only the clip on the battery cover ever broke, I doubt any phone today could survive all that. It was stolen in the end!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved my Siemens A55 in blue, had it for about five years, it suffered so many drops on concrete, being thrown in Superdrug by accident, falling down stairs to a hard floor in work, accidentally being thrown up stairs and hitting a radiator, and only the clip on the battery cover ever broke, I doubt any phone today could survive all that. It was stolen in the end!
    http://www.gsmarena.com/siemens_a55-394.php:D
  • sonicshadowsonicshadow Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    dezire wrote: »
    Such a good phone. Sometimes I miss the more simple phones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Samsung D500 was the best phone I ever had in my life

I hope its ok up there in Silicon Heaven :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »
    Samsung D500 was the best phone I ever had in my life

I hope its ok up there in Silicon Heaven :cry:

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_d500-900.php

A cracking little phone - I had two of them! I loved being about to block calllers with the blacklist function. I remember the slider being really smooth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Sony Ericsson K800i what a phone it was and the abuse it withstood