Options

one tiny confusion before the cracks fully close

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
Forum Member
when the doctor's life is rewinding, he sees amy going to put up a card in the window.

he says she can hear me which must mean and then turns around and sees the crack on the road

why does amy being able to hear the doctor mean the crack must be there?

many thanks

Comments

• Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    booksbio15 wrote: »
    when the doctor's life is rewinding, he sees amy going to put up a card in the window.

he says she can hear me which must mean and then turns around and sees the crack on the road

many thanks

I never took it to mean that.

What I understood from that scene was the Doctor realising there was a perfect place in the timeline where he could talk to Amy and not have her freak out about a disembodied voice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    Yes I understood it to mean that she could hear him but not see him. Perhaps the crack just reminded him of a time when he could speak to her without her thinking her ears must be deceiving her.
  • Options
    ducturductur Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

many thanks

There has to be a crack there for The Doctor to be able to 'bleed' through to that time and be there to see Amy, let alone speak to her.

The crack closing symbolizes this.

D
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member

many thanks

The cracks were still, at that point, in every time and at every place. There was no link between Amy hearing him and the crack being there.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    The cracks were still, at that point, in every time and at every place. There was no link between Amy hearing him and the crack being there.

This. The Doctor was there because the cracks were there. Amy couldn't hear him because he was fading out of the universe through them, so he had to take the opportunities to talk to her when she wouldn't be freaked out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Insteads of starting a new thread i thought id ask this here.

what was the really obvious thing we missed in the first episode that SM said about
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member

many thanks

Amelia said in the first episode that she could hear voices through the cracks. If the Doctor isn't communicating in this way, how else would he be talking to her?
    I took it as meaning that she just presumed she was hearing more voices through the cracks and decided to ignore them.