Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i hardly believe that

Well aren't the clever one. :rolleyes:
    I've got about 70 friends on Facebook. All of them I've met and know well. I ignore friend requests from relative strangers. Of course you can control who follows you on Facebook but not twitter.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shackfan wrote: »
    Well aren't the clever one. :rolleyes:
    I've got about 70 friends on Facebook. All of them I've met and know well. I ignore friend requests from relative strangers. Of course you can control who follows you on Facebook but not twitter.

You can make your twitter profile private, so you have to approve requests for people to follow you if you like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hardly believe that

Well I don't care if you believe it...

A ton of them are from several schools, college, and a lot of them are family. I have met every single person on my list. I said 300 not 3000.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care.

Did you not go to school or college? A ton of them are from several schools, college, and a lot of them are family. I have met every single person on my list.

but they are not really friends
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but there are not really friends

So? I was referring to Facebook friends, which is what they're called. This doesn't mean I believe they're actual friends who are close and dear to my heart.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They're Facebook friends, which is what this thread is about.

Jeez.
  • NicolaClareNicolaClare Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    I have 386 friends on Facebook, but I DO know them all, as in, I've moved house a lot and I have friends from my childhood, school, college and family.

But I'm losing followers all the time on Twitter, but it's not bothering me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So? I was referring to Facebook friends, which is what they're called. This doesn't mean I believe they're actual friends who are close and dear to my heart.

ok then, but they are not true friends
  • shhhhhshhhhh Posts: 3,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ladies ladies, please calm down.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Friends" is the term used across the board for convenience. Whilst some are friends, most are merely associates or other persons who may prove useful or of interest at some point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Who said they were?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm perfectly aware of this fact. And you know this because I just told you in the same post you quoted.

Are you trolling or do you get a kick out of being annoying? Every thread you either respond with an answer along the lines of "I don't want to tell you" or something that more than states the obvious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    Who said they were?

i must of got the meaning behind the word friends wrong, oh silly me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm perfectly aware of this fact. And you know this because I just told you in the same post you quoted.

Are you trolling or do you get a kick out of being bloody annoying? **** sake.

no i don't mean to be, sorry if i am
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't use the facebook or twitter

Me neither
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    "Friends" is the term used across the board for convenience. Whilst some are friends, most are merely associates or other persons who may prove useful or of interest at some point.

Yes, acquaintances may be more accurate a description, in the case of some people.

Plus I suppose there's always the difference between knowing who someone is ie. where they live (roughly - which country), some of their interests etc. and knowing what their up to or what they've been doing lately, if you know what I mean.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not surprising, since you said your first post on the subject that you don't use either site so it's understandable.

Quite why you choose to try and correct people on the subject though, I have no idea.
  • NicolaClareNicolaClare Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    I know people who have over 2000 friends on Facebook....
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Er, who said they were? Do keep up:rolleyes:
  • shhhhhshhhhh Posts: 3,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

MUST HAVE
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    About 283 on Facebook (most are people from school or University that i barely talk to or friends of friends ive met on trips). and something like 592 or something on twitter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shhhhh wrote: »
    MUST HAVE

yeh i must of
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeh i must of

Should of. :D
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153