FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am hoping that one day this title sequence is used in the show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IACAV_CPpWo

Comments

• FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    I like it. The animations are so smooth.
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kinda looks the same as the current one, just a bit cheaper in places.
    What we need in the title sequence is a vortex which looks as good as the one featured in the RTD titles
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,467
    Forum Member
    I like most of Neonvsiual's work. They're usually very good.

If they were going to feature the search for Gallifrey as the ongoing story arc for the next series, this one would be great:

http://youtu.be/LzNuZuRcUxM
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    GDK wrote: »
    I like most of Neonvsiual's work. They're usually very good.

If they were going to feature the search for Gallifrey as the ongoing story arc for the next series, this one would be great:

http://youtu.be/LzNuZuRcUxM

I love the NeonVisual stuff. Actually, the one you have linked to is the one I thought they were talking about when they said a fan-made credit sequence had been chosen by Steven Moffat for the show itself. SO good. I love the way the TARDIS noise syncs with the music in the opening bars.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As usual with this video maker it just looks like an overly glossy and tacky reimagining of others peoples work and concepts. Maybe on a technical level it's got its merits (I have no knowledge of this) but aesthetically and conceptually it has little merit. Still. A slight improvement over that appalling 'rivers of lava' one which looked like a PlayStation 2 cutscene which was being pimped relentlessly not long ago. That isn't saying much. Doesn't have the right feel for Doctor Who and snacks of someone who can click the necessary buttons but doesn't 'get' the show.
  • Xmas_TrenzaloreXmas_Trenzalore Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    Kinda looks the same as the current one, just a bit cheaper in places.
    What we need in the title sequence is a vortex which looks as good as the one featured in the RTD titles
    I dunno, I reckon the more elaborate weave through the cogs was amazing.
    Dunno how I feel about the neon though.

Anyway, these guys does a pretty mean time vortex that I would put on par with the RTD one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7E5i1O0xNw
    I love the way the camera shakes in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNEjx6XUbfQ
    This one is just plain cool.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still consider NV's work to be on the whole very much overrated. I remember when the aforementioned lava river was featured on the BBC site. I just find it all a bit.... excessive, if technically great. Perhaps when the US make another Who movie.

Though my opinion is probably skewed by the amount of comments he censors. Don't like that.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    I still consider NV's work to be on the whole very much overrated. I remember when the aforementioned lava river was featured on the BBC site. I just find it all a bit.... excessive, if technically great. Perhaps when the US make another Who movie.

Though my opinion is probably skewed by the amount of comments he censors. Don't like that.

That's exactly it! Too glossy. Too 'American' and I mean in the bad sense. A show on the CW or Syfy network. Too pointlessly flashy. As I said. It's just other peoples ideas painted over with unwanted gloss and fuss when it isn't needed. Lacks nuance or subtlety.
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno, I reckon the more elaborate weave through the cogs was amazing.
    Dunno how I feel about the neon though.

Anyway, these guys does a pretty mean time vortex that I would put on par with the RTD one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7E5i1O0xNw
    I love the way the camera shakes in this one.

I'm really not fond of his attitude, so I don't like him much at all.

That first one is a really nice title sequence, if the BBC professionally re-did that one, I think that would be an ideal sequence, with a better theme tune though.

The vortex in the second one is brilliant, love those bursts of electricity or whatever it is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As usual with this video maker it just looks like an overly glossy and tacky reimagining of others peoples work and concepts. Maybe on a technical level it's got its merits (I have no knowledge of this) but aesthetically and conceptually it has little merit. Still. A slight improvement over that appalling 'rivers of lava' one which looked like a PlayStation 2 cutscene which was being pimped relentlessly not long ago. That isn't saying much. Doesn't have the right feel for Doctor Who and snacks of someone who can click the necessary buttons but doesn't 'get' the show.
    That's exactly it! Too glossy. Too 'American' and I mean in the bad sense. A show on the CW or Syfy network. Too pointlessly flashy. As I said. It's just other peoples ideas painted over with unwanted gloss and fuss when it isn't needed. Lacks nuance or subtlety.

Bingo.

Also, NV tries way too hard, and his attitude is appalling.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    The intros are technically impressive - I especially like the weaving through the cogs in the intro posted by the OP.

But they're not very 'Doctor Who'... they're too elaborate, too OTT, as people have already said. The strength of the title sequence is its simplicity, not its complexity. I also feel that the colours in the one posted by the OP are a little jarring in places - the neon aspects combined with the music give the whole thing a voodoo vibe :D That said they're still technically impressive, regardless of the appalling attitude of the guy who created them which I've seen quite a bit of.
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is NV the angry one who lost out last time...?
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I loved that!
  • Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    There were some titles he uploaded a week or so ago that were free for other people to download and use or something, but they've now been removed. Did something happen or has there been a hissy fit?
  • andy bramleyandy bramley Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    He said on his facebook page that he's going to host them on his own website he's building instead of YouTube due to the shear amount of trolling by people such as are present in this thread and then call him an arse for censoring them..
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    This one is superb. Should have been used.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for checking me out andy - but you shouldn't believe everything you read.

As for xandercom - his original version of the sequence had footage from The Snowmen at the end which was flagged. You can follow the comments chain on his Facebook version of the video for yourself.

Obviously he doesn't own that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    This one is superb. Should have been used.

Fabulous!
    Secret thank you note to the moderators for cleaning this mess up :) I feel safe again!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been a fan of neons for years and he's nothing but polite, respectful and generous to their fans

Hahahahaha what. No he isn't. He's only nice to those who brown-nose him and say he or his work is the best thing in the world.