Options

Just bought a PVR9200T, but...

TonyWTonyW Posts: 372
Forum Member
Not used it yet because there are some scratches on the front mirrored panel. I feel I should return the whole thing to Comet as a new product shouldn't be in that condition IMO.

I am a bit disappointed as I was looking forward to setting it up etc. :(

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    TonyW wrote:
    Not used it yet because there are some scratches on the front mirrored panel. I feel I should return the whole thing to Comet as a new product shouldn't be in that condition IMO.

I am a bit disappointed as I was looking forward to setting it up etc. :(

Check that this isn't because of some very fine plastic covering the front. It's a common mistake, I've even seen it on display with the covering in place! If it's genuinely scratched, yup take it back. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's all packed in the box again! Thanks for that tip, I'll double-check.
  • Options
    ncmancma Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    TonyW wrote:
    It's all packed in the box again! Thanks for that tip, I'll double-check.
    I thought that when I got mine but it was just the plastic, you have to look quite carefully when peeling off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    ncma wrote:
    I thought that when I got mine but it was just the plastic, you have to look quite carefully when peeling off.

funny that, i thought it was just me!!
    I've left mine on for now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    ncma wrote:
    Well, I've had mine for a week and have just peeled off the plasic ..... Live and learn !!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Hi
    having been bitten by Comet when I puchased my 9200T check the unit .

1 Did it have set set of channels already loaded
    2 Is there any reservations stored in the record schedule.
    3 Arthe defaults changed.

My did together with the imprint of a 13A plug on the top and and engineeers fault list sellotaped to the bottom .

Keith
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    ncma wrote:

I also belong to this club!

First thought was "Oh no, I'm going to need to send this back." Then was scared to peal it off in case it wasn't meant to be removed and I was actually taking the front off :D So glad I've just found this thread!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andro was right! I peeled off the plastic covering, and the mirrored panel looks shiny as it should. :) It just looked weird before as if I had got a second-hand model.

In response to kpee, none of those were stored. Everything started afresh, and the firmware/software match the current releases.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    TonyW wrote:
    Andro was right! I peeled off the plastic covering, and the mirrored panel looks shiny as it should. :) It just looked weird before as if I had got a second-hand model.

I made exactly the same mistake. Some muppet put my unit on display in the store when it was supposed to be reserved for me. I accepted it anyway, since it had only been there for about 4 hours. I peeled one side of the plastic off since the corner was already hanging.

I only noticed when I got home that the other side appeared scratched. After some fuming it suddenly occured to me that I should see if there was some plastic film there too..... tada! In my defense, it was stuck on perfectly and was pretty much invisible. Anyway, "scratches" gone, lovely looking unit.
  • Options
    Chris JamesChris James Posts: 532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Klopek wrote:
    I made exactly the same mistake. Some muppet put my unit on display in the store when it was supposed to be reserved for me. I accepted it anyway, since it had only been there for about 4 hours. I peeled one side of the plastic off since the corner was already hanging.

I only noticed when I got home that the other side appeared scratched. After some fuming it suddenly occured to me that I should see if there was some plastic film there too..... tada! In my defense, it was stuck on perfectly and was pretty much invisible. Anyway, "scratches" gone, lovely looking unit.

OK, Sunday - confession time. Me too. Funny thing was I expected it to have a protective film and tried to peel it off when I first got it - and failed. I then assumed wrongly it had no film and left it for a fortnight until I tried again and managed to get a fingernail under the corner.....
  • Options
    Captain CodCaptain Cod Posts: 2,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this catches most people out. It wouldn't cost much to add a little "Remove Protective Film" sticker, would it?
  • Options
    Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this catches most people out. It wouldn't cost much to add a little "Remove Protective Film" sticker, would it?
    ...and another sticker telling you to remove that sticker...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had my pvr since June and only just realised there's plastic film on the front.