The death of Frank Butcher

2»

Comments

• RyAn_?RyAn_? Posts: 6,283
    Forum Member
    oooh then Pat can by the house Denise/Kevin want! She can lease it to them! I have a feeling the Wicks wont get the house what with that biatch in the Post Office planning to sack her.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mike Reid died not Frank, why not just leave things as they are. The character left a while ago and thats how it should be left. Reality & friction are not the same.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think people are suggesting it out of respect to Mike more than anything else, so that he isn't just quietly forgotten. Frank was a pivotal character for many years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    VB Fan wrote: »
    Mike Reid died not Frank, why not just leave things as they are. The character left a while ago and thats how it should be left. Reality & friction are not the same.

Think you meant Fiction lol

I think Frank should be found to have passed away whilst clutching a photo of Pat. Pat will find this out and will rename herself Paat as a tribute. It will also be discovered that Big Mo and Pauline both had affairs with Frank and it would also be discovered that Frank still owns the Car Lot and leaves it to Dot upon his death. That would be a classic Frank Butcher ending lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought, Sid Owen could sing him a song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Well the car lots empty, so heres an old stupid bit of video I did a year ago when bored with 2 hours to spare, a small tribute to a lost legend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bofiwX9GQ8o

RIP Mike
  • circling girlcircling girl Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    EE has lost a great character. It's a shame Mike Reid couldn't have done one more stint as Frank. Instead we have to suffer dumb sh*t like "The Mitchell Sisters".
  • julieannujulieannu Posts: 1,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if he died off screen they could discover he has left Pat and Peggy a load of cash in his will?

Hmmmm, maybe, or some sort of letter for Pat even, saying what she meant to him. Would like to see some of the Butchers back, wouldn't be unfeasible for Diane and Ricky to return, would fill Pat's house up too.
  • tq21tq21 Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'll probably just have Pat get a phone call and she'll tell Peggy and then they'll go off screen to his funeral.

Can't see them having a funeral on the square
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Keewee6 wrote: »
    they cant really have a dead man still part of the (away cast) thats weird

Ultimately no, but I can't see the harm in leaving Frank's death just a few years, then having him die of natural causes.
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Instead we have to suffer dumb sh*t like "The Mitchell Sisters".

You dont like the Mitchell sisters?

are you kidding me? they are awesome - two magnificent actresses that have brightened up the soap
  • samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just because an actor dies in real life, no matter how big he is, it doesn't automatically mean, that the character should die. When Laura Sadler died, Holby City didn't kill off Sandy Harper, they just had her win the lottery and move away. When Percy, Maud and Phyllis died in Corrie, they just moved to a nursing home. Just because an actor dies, it's up to the show to figure out what to do. But if the character is long gone and if half the current characters won't know who he is it doesn't mean that he should actually die, just because the actor has too.
  • Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    Let the family of Mike Read decide I guess.
  • A CillayA Cillay Posts: 8,215
    Forum Member
    It should definatley be mentioned.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    Personally I dont think it should be mentioned unless theres a storyline to come out of it (ie - a Janine/Ricky return for example).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    I hope EastEnders choose to feature this, he was such a big part of the show and still has strong links with the square through ex-wives Pat & Peggy.

A big funeral would do nicely to honour one of their greatest stars. I'm sure Sid Owen, Charlie Brooks & Sophie Lawrence wouldn't object to a brief return to pay their respects to their screen-father.

We could see Claire again, meet Frank's other son Dan, and Jacques & Liam could also come back with new heads.

Frank wasn't really a family man, he was an awful father for upping and leaving when it suited, but ultimately he was very loved and reuniting the Butcher family would be a nice touch I think.

Yes, something should be done. Frank was flawed but loveable and one of EE's great characters.