Resubscribing to TopupTV

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
Forum Member
Hi guys

I'm trying to resubscribe to TUTV so I can watch the darts on Sky sports over Christmas but I can't get through to anyone!

WTF. Has it gone? Should I either bother risking my bank details with them lol?

I don't want to do it online, coz normally they have a better offer over the phone.

Anyone got a number that will get thru to them?

What's happened to Sam the man!?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Try 08712 714271 I got through on that number about two weeks ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Cheers, are you still a subscriber?
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TV Time Mike may well be their only subscriber :eek: ;)

Think most of their staff went off to get more secure jobs. One of them went to work for the Evil Empire that is Sky. Since he was evil anyway seemed like a sensible move :D

Theres not much life left on TUTV let alone this forum so you pays your money and takes your chance. Give that number a try and see how you get on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you never know Everything Goes:D

It can be cool being the only man on the island:cool:

And yes I still subscribe to TV Fav. package not much of sports fan.

Haven't been since Ian Rush left LFC, and that's a long time ago:eek:

Anyway good luck with the phone number hope you get through and don't have any problems:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,252
    Forum Member
    If you were once a subscriber, can you not just re-activate online?
    Forum Member
    If i did it online I wouldn't get the offer. I emailed them and someone called today. Got Sky Sports 1+2 for £17.49. Sorted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Glad you've got it sorted. BTW, "Sam the man" was actually Sam the woman. :)
    Forum Member
    jhall1 wrote: »
    Glad you've got it sorted. BTW, "Sam the man" was actually Sam the woman. :)

Ha ha! Sorry Sam.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got a call about six months ago, seeing if I would reconnect to top up tv. I laughed and said service is rubbish and I don't have the equipment anymore she said something I just put the phone down.

Really, unless its free why on earth would I go back ????
  • powarpowar Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    candygirl1 wrote: »
    I got a call about six months ago, seeing if I would reconnect to top up tv. I laughed and said service is rubbish and I don't have the equipment anymore she said something I just put the phone down.

Really, unless its free why on earth would I go back ????

I laughed also.

Considering they are a buisness trying to generate new customers, it makes perfect sense for them to contact you. What on earth would happen if they gave you and so many others it for free?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the problem is that the brand is tarnished now in the view of many who use to have it but now have moved to BT etc.

We can't really afford to change for several reasons so we have stayed with them and will continue to stay until the end as we can't have freesat and really isn't money available for Sky or Virgin and we are unable to get internet for several reasons as well so end result this is it for us.

If they could get investment and rebrand the service then get a new PVR unit that is HD ready etc and could be hooked to the internet, if you had it, then they might turn things around but I don't see that happening.
    Forum Member
    I subscribed over xmas to watch the darts. I've cancelled it now. £17.49 for one months viewing of Sky sports one and two was good value for me.

Top up tv is handy when you don't want to get a 12 month contract with Sky.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    redmeister wrote: »
    I subscribed over xmas to watch the darts. I've cancelled it now. £17.49 for one months viewing of Sky sports one and two was good value for me.

Top up tv is handy when you don't want to get a 12 month contract with Sky.

Thats the main issue i have with Sky.
    They insist you subscribe for 12 months and you MUST have a basic channels package too, both of which, i DO NOT want but they insist on it so, TopUp TV for me will always win.
    The PQ is good enough and its not to costly either IMO.
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Thats the main issue i have with Sky.
    They insist you subscribe for 12 months and you MUST have a basic channels package too, both of which, i DO NOT want but they insist on it so, TopUp TV for me will always win.
    The PQ is good enough and its not to costly either IMO.

What about when Sky Sports becomes available on Now TV via Roku? This could be a winner if the subscriptions are as flexible as the movie service.
    Forum Member
    a516 wrote: »
    What about when Sky Sports becomes available on Now TV via Roku? This could be a winner if the subscriptions are as flexible as the movie service.

Its something i will certainly look at but do i want to hammer my internet use?
    Whilst i don't have a download limit, there is a fair usage policy to consider and if there is heavy traffic, the quality goes down badly!
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
    popeye13 wrote: »
    Its something i will certainly look at but do i want to hammer my internet use?
    Whilst i don't have a download limit, there is a fair usage policy to consider and if there is heavy traffic, the quality goes down badly!
    Fair point, ISP offerings have got to improve for IPTV to become more viable.
    Forum Member

Its getting better, but its got to get alot better before IPTV wont be a worry for some in terms of usage policy and risking of quality taking the dive it currently does when traffic is heavy.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,404
    Forum Member

...in which case presumably Sky will be undermining their own satellite sports subscription service which, as popeye13 quite rightly points out above, requires that a customer buys a basic entertainment pack first in order just to get the opportunity to buy the sports pack. That seems a bit of a rip off to me and not good value for money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    powar wrote: »
    I laughed also.

Considering they are a buisness trying to generate new customers, it makes perfect sense for them to contact you. What on earth would happen if they gave you and so many others it for free?

Whilst I can see your logic, I just don't see how contacting an ex customer would automatically assume that I would ever go back to them. Unless their technology has improved I won't be going back... Maybe try someone else, I for one won't ever recommend top up tv to anyone.

Also as Argos one of top up tv main distributors now sells the new you view perhaps top up tv is going the way of dinosaurs.
  • promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...in which case presumably Sky will be undermining their own satellite sports subscription service which, as popeye13 quite rightly points out above, requires that a customer buys a basic entertainment pack first in order just to get the opportunity to buy the sports pack. That seems a bit of a rip off to me and not good value for money.

Same can be said for the live Sky movie channels offered through Now TV. They can be accessed for £1 less than if you got them via satellite from Sky direct - and there's no minimum requirement of the Entertainment Pack.

They must be confident that they'll lose a minimum number of subscribers or they wouldn't do it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah that is true.
  • kasgkasg Posts: 4,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are improving, e.g. Plusnet Unlimited, no limits, no FUP, nice and cheap!
  • John896John896 Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    I just phoned them up and asked did they have any offers for sky sports 1 and 2, and got them as a pack for £14.00 per month.
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John896 wrote: »
    I just phoned them up and asked did they have any offers for sky sports 1 and 2, and got them as a pack for £14.00 per month.

Closing down sale. Everything must go :D;)
  • John896John896 Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Very true i got one of those TUTV i-can receivers in my local tesco for £8.00 clearance,not a bad receiver to be fair.BBC one hd and Channel 4 hd picture looks not to bad.