Options

Is Saorsat receivable in England?

CigaretteSmokerCigaretteSmoker Posts: 492
Forum Member
I remember reading a post that a few people had success receiving Saorsat in Wales and also Western England, but I was wondering if there were any further reports of the signal being received further East since then?

Comments

• Options
    mw963mw963 Posts: 3,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a thread about this in the "Non Platform Specific Satellite" section, but you'd have to master the archive search system to access it (something that I don't find easy!).

But in essence apart from Devon and Cornwall and the extreme western strip of coastal Wales there didn't seem to be any success. I think even someone on the Isle of Man couldn't receive it.

I get it here in Devon on a 1 m dish without difficulty but to be honest there's nothing much on it to interest me - all seems done on the cheap although that might be a bit unfair. I would put the dish on something else if I didn't already have dishes on 13 E 19 E 28 E and 5 W, and with no personal interest in sport or films....
  • Options
    pedro2000ukpedro2000uk Posts: 2,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

but to be honest there's nothing much on it to interest me -.. and with no personal interest in sport or films....

there is a bit of useful fta footy for those who want the footy (see LJs) & who just happen to live in the areas it can be received in but for anyone else - dish size wont help as it just pulls in signals off an adjacent (but 1) footprint on the same frequencies so just trashes it.
  • Options
    John896John896 Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    On a 1.2m dish the signal is very strong in Swansea,the only thing i watch is Shortland Street on Rte One.
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Check in "Non Platform Specific Satellite" as martinwatkins posted.
    Regards