What hip "joke" are we going to get this week?

Comments

• MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got a horrible feeling Bruce will come out with some cringe making yoof speak reference to Hip Hop. :mad:
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind Bruce, how about the totally unfunny Bruno who is becoming more cringeworthy each series.

Each of the judges can waste time competing with each other for "camera attention," even Darcy does it now, but less so than the others.
    Bruce does it the most as he thinks "He's in Charge."

He should be aware when time is being wasted and cut his nonsense short, like any good host. But he still thinks it's; "The Bruce Forsyth Show" so won't. Hence the dirty looks he sometimes gives the floor manager off screen when he's probably being told to get on with it.
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »
    OP if you hate Bruce so much why are you constantly posting about him? I avoid things I hate.
    Why the obsession. Is he a former Lover who dumped you?;)
    Or do you just get pleasure about being nasty about 85 year olds? Just curious.

I have not considered your first theory before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SWRD85 wrote: »
    It is the hippocampus, that other name isn't correct.

It still sounds like the tundra in Africa where the Animals live.

sir Bruce's jokes may be old but they are still some of the best.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    The only one I can think of (and it's a bit of a bad one I'm afraid) is that everyone likes a bit of hip hop, but Craig can only hop!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SWRD85 wrote: »
    It is the hippocampus, that other name isn't correct.

I thought so, but part of me was thinking maybe it's a part of the brain I haven't heard of. Which considering my job, would not be a good thing. Anyway it still works with the overall 'hip' theme of the thread. :)
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    OP if you hate Bruce so much why are you constantly posting about him? I avoid things I hate.
    Oh dear. There's me trying to introduce some levity about the fact that we know the 'jokes' are telegraphed a week in advance and this week there's bound to be another one about Craig's hip op, and what do I get? This.

As for him being my former lover, apart from finding him physically unattractive (going bald, long chin, big teeth, big nose) when he was younger, I could have been :rolleyes: - in his autobiography he's bragged about having many affairs while still married.

To everyone else: Sorry about the wrong spelling of hippocampus, I always associate 'hypo' with medical matters and 'hippo' with horses. I didn't check. Apologies.

I like those hip jokes offered so far - you're all far wittier than me.
  • piimapoikapiimapoika Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    I've looked it up. Hippocampus is from the Greek hippos=horse and kampos= sea monster. Originally a half horse half fish monster that pulled the sea-god's chariot; then the fish called a seahorse; then the part of the brain that is supposed to look like a seahorse. Perhaps a forumista who is a brain surgeon could tell us if it really does.

Other hip words are hippocras (a spiced wine, named after the doctor Hippocrates), hippocrepian (resembling a horseshoe), hippodrome (horse racing track), hippophagy (eating horse meat) and lots more that Sir Bruce may or may not know.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Someone will do a really stiff Latin dance and Craig will look witheringly at him/her and say he should have donated his old hips to them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't describing Bruce's jokes as,"some of the best" be a bit of a "hip"erbole?

Sorry!
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

People are entitled to their opinions on this forum
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Oh dear. There's me trying to introduce some levity about the fact that we know the 'jokes' are telegraphed a week in advance and this week there's bound to be another one about Craig's hip op, and what do I get? This.

As for him being my former lover, apart from finding him physically unattractive (going bald, long chin, big teeth, big nose) when he was younger, I could have been :rolleyes: - in his autobiography he's bragged about having many affairs while still married.

To everyone else: Sorry about the wrong spelling of hippocampus, I always associate 'hypo' with medical matters and 'hippo' with horses. I didn't check. Apologies.

I like those hip jokes offered so far - you're all far wittier than me.

Some might say that you protest to much Janet and that a nerve may have been inadvertantly touched.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    People are entitled to their opinions on this forum

There's some pretty precious people on this board, who will "rush to the defence" of some on TV, who probably wouldn't give 'em the time of day.
  • SummeririsSummeriris Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, Look at all these posts. And here I thought that the majority of the posters who put them up wouldn't be any the wiser about Bruce's puns. After all they mute him and FF as a matter of course. It begs the question, how do they know what he is saying and doing really when they don't watch him and there is s ascramble at their homes for the remote to be the first to dmute/FF him????? Who is Telling them, Stop!!! These people hate Bruce Forsyth and don't want to know anything that he is doing on screen. Respect their wishes about living in a Forsythless world
    Forum Member
    Summeriris wrote: »
    Wow, Look at all these posts. And here I thought that the majority of the posters who put them up wouldn't be any the wiser about Bruce's puns. After all they mute him and FF as a matter of course. It begs the question, how do they know what he is saying and doing really when they don't watch him and there is s ascramble at their homes for the remote to be the first to dmute/FF him????? Who is Telling them, Stop!!! These people hate Bruce Forsyth and don't want to know anything that he is doing on screen. Respect their wishes about living in a Forsythless world
    As I've said before some of us can read body language and facial expressions and the "jokes" are obvious - many we've heard before when we did listen to him when he was entertaining a few years ago.
    Forum Member
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    Some might say that you protest to much Janet and that a nerve may have been inadvertantly touched.
    Grow up.
    Forum Member
    Oh dear. There's me trying to introduce some levity about the fact that we know the 'jokes' are telegraphed a week in advance and this week there's bound to be another one about Craig's hip op, and what do I get?
    Just realised I did make a "joke" saying 'hip op' - quite pathetic, but I'll look hangdog, spread my hands and say "That was the funny bit. ......Please yourselves."
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sometimes, in the scramble for the remote, he's uttered the first couple of words before FF or mute kicks in and unfortunately for BF the 'joke' or 'punchline' is so blatantly obvious that even the cat has got there before him.
    Forum Member
    Before I waste the morning on here, can I just make it clear to those who say we hate Fforsyth. Most of us don't hate him. That's a very strong emotion. Don't know about others, but I dislike him and he irritates me. Everything about him is predictable and it's just plain tedious, especially the way he tries to make the show about himself when he's just a small part of it.

Just as on this forum, if you don't like what someone says, you can put them on "ignore", many of us hit the mute button or FF so we can also ignore Fforsyth.

I tried to make this a light-hearted thread, but the "they hate Bruce" brigade had to muscle in and drag it down from the light-hearted to try and turn it into another anti-Bruce thread.
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Before I waste the morning on here, can I just make it clear to those who say we hate Fforsyth. Most of us don't hate him. That's a very strong emotion. Don't know about others, but I dislike him and he irritates me. Everything about him is predictable and it's just plain tedious, especially the way he tries to make the show about himself when he's just a small part of it.

Just as on this forum, if you don't like what someone says, you can put them on "ignore", many of us hit the mute button or FF so we can also ignore Fforsyth.

I tried to make this a light-hearted thread, but the "they hate Bruce" brigade had to muscle in and drag it down from the light-hearted to try and turn it into another anti-Bruce thread.
    Well said and thank you.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's some pretty precious people on this board, who will "rush to the defence" of some on TV, who probably wouldn't give 'em the time of day.

I don't mind people defending someone, but there are rules
    on the forum such as please treat other users with respect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    I don't mind people defending someone, but there are rules
    on the forum such as please treat other users with respect.

This is true, but it's also poor etiquette to imply with a "sweeping statement" totally incorrect accusations about others on this board.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is a very good point, if people mute and fast forward Sir Bruce how can they know anything about his performance?
  • SummeririsSummeriris Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I've said before some of us can read body language and facial expressions and the "jokes" are obvious - many we've heard before when we did listen to him when he was entertaining a few years ago.

Then why make a point of FF/Muting? If he's that obvious save the batteries in the remote. And why start a thread and then complain that you are spending the whole morning answering posts?:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Then why make a point of FF/Muting? If he's that obvious save the batteries in the remote. And why start a thread and then complain that you are spending the whole morning answering posts?:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Once again my words been twisted. I did not complain that I spent the whole morning answering posts - I said "before I waste the morning on here", which can easily be done reading through posts. :rolleyes: I have sufficient command of the English language that what I write is actually what I mean, pure and simple, but some posters seem to think there's a hidden meaning and need to translate and twist it into something to suit their own agenda.

As for saving batteries - they're rechargeable so I don't waste them!

I started this thread for a bit of light-heartedness amidst all the angst, but, of course, certain people decided it was a HATE (such an over-the-top assessment of criticisms) thread and added their vitriol about other posters.

The only bits of Fforsyth that I heard last night was him adding his own irrelevant personal judgements on the dances to those of the judges. I muted everything else. So I have no idea if he told any "jokes" at all, let alone hip jokes. But I did see a lot of gurning, hand actions and body movements which suggested he was saying something.