Is it going to be weird - Simon, Cheryl, Louis....yet no Dannii?

d56d56 Posts: 5,471
Forum Member
Does it depend on how good the new judge is? Or how the ratings are? Or the chemistry between the new judge and the other three?

Even though I'm happy for Dannii going back to the Aus show, because she enjoyed it so much, closer to her son etc, I do think it will be weird seeing the UK panel and someone else in her seat. Especially as that was THE PANEL. When you think of X Factor and you think of its peak you think Simon, Cheryl, Dannii and Louis.

Comments

• mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very. It already feels weird. Its like theres somebody missing. Especially seeing Simon and Cheryl back again.

I understand why shes in Oz but I will miss her on the UK show.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    marianner wrote: »
    Very. It already feels weird. Its like theres somebody missing. Especially seeing Simon and Cheryl back again.

I understand why shes in Oz but I will miss her on the UK show.

Same!
    She absolutely killed it on her last two years. I've never seen someone on the show have such a transformation and change of public opinion. In 2010 she was the absolute golden girl and couldn't do anything wrong. So different from 2008.

I really do think it's going to be odd this year, depending on how the new judge goes down...
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    I am not too fussed. It didn't effect me much when they went in 2011, it did not effect my viewing experience. I know everybody puts a lot on that judging line up but if you look at it on paper Series 8 & 9 had much more credible judging line ups in terms of actual experience as an artist. Im not a Tulisa fan and Louis was still there but Gary Barlow, Nicole Scherzinger, Kelly Rowland, Tulisa all have success at topping charts over a period of time.

Im more worried that with Simon and Cheryl coming back it will just highlight that the talent is secondary compared to who is sat behind the desk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    It probably depends on the 4th judge. Sharon replacing Tulisa was proof on how one judge can detract from or lift the entire panel. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get Sharon back if they can't get Dannii, at a push they could try for Katy Perry who worked very well with them in 2010, otherwise it might not be worth the risk as this year has a lot riding on it, and they should just move forward with Simon, Cheryl and Louis.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Same!
    She absolutely killed it on her last two years. I've never seen someone on the show have such a transformation and change of public opinion. In 2010 she was the absolute golden girl and couldn't do anything wrong. So different from 2008.

I really do think it's going to be odd this year, depending on how the new judge goes down...

I think a lot of a shows success is down the talent but, having a reunion with one person missing is weird. Ppl will automatically be asking 'wheres Dannii?' No matter how Simon tries to come around that.
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obviously with BGT coming up, Simon's been busy going on about XF.

So, from the headlines I've just seen in the DM (don't know if they're true or not) - he apparently blames Gary for the ratings dip, he really wants Louis back, he quite likes Mel B but hasn't decided on anything yet, he's wont hire Nicole because she'd clash with Cheryl and Cheryl's the best judge ever (zzzz... :p )
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope that whatever female they do get to join the panel, she is able to fit in as an equal. I never got the Dannii love and it was clear that it was Dannii/Louis vs Cheryl/Simon and there was too much politics involved. I think a lot of people warmed to Dannii because at a time when Cheryl and Simon were up each other's arses, she seemed the most professional. I remember back when it was Simon/Sharon/Louis. Whether you liked all the judges or not, they were all on an equal footing and could say what they wanted to each other.

When Dannii joined, it became Dannii vs Sharon, with Simon stirring up sh1t between the women in the press. Then it was Dannii vs Cheryl with the media printing stories of Dannii slagging off Girl's Aloud and Cheryl slagging off Dannii. I don't know if the two of them came to some sort of true in private to not slag each other off in the press but there was a distance between them on the show. They were both nothing but complementary to each other but a telling sign was Dannii caming out holding Louis Walsh's hand. Considering that Louis had slagged Dannii off before, there must've been some behind the scenes politics we weren't aware of for Dannii to make Louis her ally.

Dannii/Louis vs Cheryl/Simon

Dannii/Louis vs Cheryl and Simon

Dannii/Louis vs Cheryl and Simon

I really hope Simon doesn't pick another female judge just to start all this drama in the press again. It would be enjoyable to watch if there were four judges who could say what they think without having to worry about how it is going to affect them not only in the press but in the behind the scenes politics. The only way this can be achieved is if Simon picks someone who is on an equal footing with Cheryl.

It will be interesting to see who the fourth judge is and despite Simon's declarations that Cheryl will have a say in it, I don't believe this and I hope Cheryl is not that naive either. This is the guy who promised to make her a big name in the states and dropped her at a moments notice. I think he will pick someone who plays off Cheryl very well but ultimately, I don't think Cheryl will have a say (though he might make her believe she has).
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii has made it clear that her allegiance lies with the Australian X Factor, she won last year and she also wants to stay in Oz because of her son.
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Danni won't be missed that much by people tbh .
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judging by the latest photos of her, she will be too busy buying more nappies to consider x factor. She won't confirm anything, but there's a suspicious bump present !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    Judging by the latest photos of her, she will be too busy buying more nappies to consider x factor. She won't confirm anything, but there's a suspicious bump present !!
    She had a book under her top as you can see the shape of it. If you go onto her Twitter account, you'll see that her latest piccy outside of her dressing room door at the X Factor Australia, her abs are showing. She's not pregnant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danni won't be missed that much by people tbh .
    That's why there are threads about her 4 years after she left.
  • copterpylonscopterpylons Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Archangel wrote: »

An honour shared with Wagner. . .:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An honour shared with Wagner. . .:D

Rofl!!! For totally different reasons though as Dannii's won the X Factor 3 times now.
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Archangel wrote: »
    Maybe on here she will be missed but the majority of the public will not miss her that much .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe on here she will be missed but the majority of the public will not miss her that much .

Really? How can you speak for the whole nation? Her last year was their biggest ever and she won that.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    marianner wrote: »
    Really? How can you speak for the whole nation? Her last year was their biggest ever and she won that.

Exactly. I do not know how people can come out with things like 'She won't be missed by the majority' How can one person speak for the whole country, with not stats, or figures from EVERY single person in this country/?:D
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Danni won't be missed much apart from a few poor souls on here.